About LRT Expedite

Status
Not open for further replies.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Don't forget to look up on the safer web LRT Logistics - that company is still active and last time I checked there was no cancellation date pending for his broker trust fund. The broker bond is provided by Pacific Financial out of San Diego California!

More info from the FMC Website:

REGISTERED Out of Service Date: None
Legal Name: LRT LOGISTICS INC
DBA Name:
Physical Address: 708 MARKS RD SUITE 205
VALLEY CITY , OH 44280
Phone: (440) 853-8550
Mailing Address: 708 MARKS RD SUITE 205
VALLEY CITY , OH 44280
USDOT Number: 2293589 State Carrier ID Number:
MC or MX Number: MC-781598

Insurance Carrier Details for: PACIFIC FINANCIAL ASSOCIATION, INC.

Attn: CLAIMS DEPARTMENT
Address: 12707 HIGH BLUFF DR. ST. 220
SAN DIEGO, CA US 92130
Telephone: (800) 595 - 2615

Active/Pending Insurance
US DOT: 2293589 Docket Number: MC781598
Legal Name: LRT LOGISTICS INC
Form Type Insurance Carrier Policy/Surety Posted
Date Coverage
From Coverage
To Effective
Date Cancellation
Date
85 TRUST FUND PACIFIC FINANCIAL ASSOCIATION, INC. NONE 03/28/2012 $0 $10,000* 03/28/2012

Fax: (623) 209 - 2610

There is no Cancellation Date on his broker trust fund so maybe you can at least call his broker trust fund underwriter and let them know that he is crooked and what he is doing to people. Also, if you can find out where his factoring company is and there ar eunpaid invoices outstanding and you have a judgement - you can collect any of the money from the open and onpaid invoces on those loads. Good luck. If i've posted too much personal info and this gets deleted so be it!

paullud

Veteran Expediter
By your logic, the gas station that the O/O fuels up at can also look to the shipper, if he fails to pay for the gas he filled up with to complete the shipment. We're not talking mechanic's liens here, and I doubt that you're correct. Prove me wrong.

Actually what I stated is widely known information, I wasn't revealing some little known secret. A gas station that isn't paid can't go after the shipper as they are not part of the contract or directly involved with the freight so what I said has nothing to do with your example. The idea of going after the shipper depends on several criteria to be successful, it is not black and white but it is an option.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

wvcourier

Expert Expediter
So can you try and collect from the insurance company? I thought every business had to have some type of insurance in case something like this happened. I mean arent they partly to blame for letting a Tour Bus Driver try to run an Expediting business with no expediting experience?

Dont steal, the government hates competition. ~Ron Paul~

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
For what it's worth. Ive been told over the years that you can, in fact go back to the shipper for payment. The problem is...the people who have told me that were people running under their own authority. Im not sure if a leased o/o has that legal ground. Im actually under the impression that he doesnt.

Somebody like Blizzard or anybody who actually has carrier authority probably can collect from the shipper. Again, this is second hand info. If I were any of you, I would be finding out either way. OOIDA could probably tell you this info in 30 seconds if your a member.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
paul...but the home owner has something tangible...the supplies....something physical...in our line of work, O/O's are left empty handed...I too think you are wrong...

The issue is cloudy and it does depend on some facts which I am sure no one here has, it would require more research on the O/O's part. One easy case to win would be if the shipper still hadn't paid LRT. There are many questions that need to be answered before any of the O/O'S spend to much of their time going after the money.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
So can you try and collect from the insurance company? I thought every business had to have some type of insurance in case something like this happened. I mean arent they partly to blame for letting a Tour Bus Driver try to run an Expediting business with no expediting experience?

One of the issues you guys will also need to research is if LRT was passing the loads through the brokerage which some companies may do if they pay the drivers a percentage. He may have done it to hide money or make extra money if he was falling behind, you could then file against the bond and hope you are first.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
One word of caution also. It is my understanding that if he were to file for bankruptcy protection, you better be real careful as to your collection methods. As I understand there are some pretty strict laws about even speaking to him about it once the bankruptcy papers are filed. Again...you might want to speak to someone with some legal knowledge....OOIDA again?

Im not sure to what extent you can go on internet msg board before your statements can be considered as defamation of character or libelous in some other fashion....but please pay attention to what you do. I would hate to see any of you get more financial damage that your already looking at.

Feel free to correct me if anybody knows for sure thay anything in these two posts is incorrect.

Last edited:

hazmat

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
As a Business Owner who has been thru this in the ER biz, I know what I'm about to say will take some work and a lot of coordination but here goes...

The O/O's and Companies that are owed monies from LRT should band together and hire one law firm from Ohio to represent all of you... There are stipulations when filing bankrupt of unfair payments made prior to filing... If LRT showed favoritism to certain creditors upto 180 days (I think, maybe longer or shorter can't remember) prior to filing, those funds have to be returned to be redistributed fairly betweeen all the creditors who filed claims...

So if all the little guys join together and become one big guy (so to speak), the legal fees could be spread out between everyone (maybe based on percenatge of dollars owed) and everyone could have a chance at something, rather than nothing at all...

Believe me, one law firm working for 20 or 30 peeps is a lot more economical than 20 or 30 trying to hire their own representation...

I hope this helps?.?.?

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
One word of caution also. It is my understanding that if he were to file for bankruptcy protection, you better be real careful as to your collection methods. As I understand there are some pretty strict laws about even speaking to him about it once the bankruptcy papers are filed. Again...you might want to speak to someone with some legal knowledge....OOIDA again?

Im not sure to what extent you can go on internet msg board before your statements can be considered as defamation of character or libelous in some other fashion....but please pay attention to what you do. I would hate to see any of you get more financial damage that your already looking at.

Feel free to correct me if anybody knows for sure thay anything in these two posts is incorrect.

If he, or his company, file for any type of bankruptcy protection, the creditor (in this case, a driver or O/O) is required by the debtor to be listed as a liability. After the filing in a US Bankruptcy court, the case is assigned to a Trustee, who sends out notice of the filing, which contains an order to suspend all collection efforts until the case is adjudicated or dismissed. The creditor is also given the schedule for the "Meeting of the Creditors" (there is a specific number for this meeting), where all persons/entities can make their claims known or offer proof that their claim may from what is stated by the debtor. They (creditor) can also present proof, if they have of any other assets that they know the debtor to have, if not fully disclosed to the court as required by law.

Regarding the latter, I would personally only worry if what I posted about someone wasn't factual.

I'm not an attorney.

I'd also be willing to bet that all of this is an exercise in futility. If I was the O/O that got stiffed, I'd be cutting my losses and moving on.

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
As a Business Owner who has been thru this in the ER biz, I know what I'm about to say will take some work and a lot of coordination but here goes...

The O/O's and Companies that are owed monies from LRT should band together and hire one law firm from Ohio to represent all of you... There are stipulations when filing bankrupt of unfair payments made prior to filing... If LRT showed favoritism to certain creditors upto 180 days (I think, maybe longer or shorter can't remember) prior to filing, those funds have to be returned to be redistributed fairly betweeen all the creditors who filed claims...

So if all the little guys join together and become one big guy (so to speak), the legal fees could be spread out between everyone (maybe based on percenatge of dollars owed) and everyone could have a chance at something, rather than nothing at all...

Believe me, one law firm working for 20 or 30 peeps is a lot more economical than 20 or 30 trying to hire their own representation...

I hope this helps?.?.?

It's got to be certified as a class action, and that's not as easy as it sounds.

Again, I'm guessing an exercise in futility, and again, I'm not a lawyer.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
How the heck is a Tour Bus Driver qualified to own an expediting company. I hope this guy ends up in jail.

Guys, take it easy. He didn't start up intending to shaft anybody. He was trying to run a reputable company, and somewhere things took a left turn and things got out of hand. I'm not the guy's biggest fan, but I was there when calling in meant he answered the phone at home, even when you'd wake him at 0300. Lots of businesses fail without their owners being crooks.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter

I hope this helps?.?.?

Unfortunately, what most class action suits lead to is rich lawyers, while Iron Balls McGinty cashes his check for $1.09. A symbolic victory.

marius1979

Active Expediter
I am new in this business and i see nobody can be trust, no wonder the economy it is where it is, probably every branch of our economy is dishonest and full of flaws, with laws like this when anybody can pull scams and get away with. So what to recomand others: instead of going to work , honest hard work stay home and wait for help(wellfair). And our laws protects people like him. What I see it that I have to spend again alot of my time (I could take loads for others) and money to get my earned money back.This sucks.

marius1979

Active Expediter
Hey AMonger that is not an excuse to steal from people you know? This is stealling. He owes me for 9 loads, so i really dont care when he wakes up in the middle of night, guess what i never went to sleep that night, had to drive. I guess it is hard for him but he needs to pay his drivers if the loads where in time and had POD's on BOL's. I mean even fax and mail in time.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Legally the shipper is responsible to ensure payment to the person who moved the freight. We have billed shippers for brokers or carriers that have not paid. Like many things the legal cost can be greater than the gain. We have had about a 30% success rate, or better yet, we make them a customer :)

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Hey AMonger that is not an excuse to steal from people you know? This is stealling. He owes me for 9 loads, so i really dont care when he wakes up in the middle of night, guess what i never went to sleep that night, had to drive. I guess it is hard for him but he needs to pay his drivers if the loads where in time and had POD's on BOL's. I mean even fax and mail in time.

I'm not saying he doesn't owe people; he owes my former owner about $8000. I'm just saying there's a difference between civil liability and criminal guilt. There's no mens rea here, so let's all take a breath or two and shelve the jail talk, huh? We have a hard time keeping rapists and murderers in jail, maybe because we lock up so many people who shouldn't be there and should instead be made to compensate their victims.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
I am new in this business and i see nobody can be trust, no wonder the economy it is where it is, probably every branch of our economy is dishonest and full of flaws, with laws like this when anybody can pull scams and get away with. So what to recomand others: instead of going to work , honest hard work stay home and wait for help(wellfair). And our laws protects people like him. What I see it that I have to spend again alot of my time (I could take loads for others) and money to get my earned money back.This sucks.

Yes you are new. Why did you let 8 loads go by?? So now you know and really not much you can do now except to move on with a new carrier and use it as a learning tool. We've all lost a payment at least anyone that's been in it for a while and it's part of doing business. We don't like it but it happens.
I don't think the owner planned on this happening but a couple of bad apples running things can really put the hurt on any company.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
We've all lost a payment at least anyone that's been in it for a while and it's part of doing business. We don't like it but it happens.

Been doing this 10 years, and my carrier has paid me for EVERY load that I have hauled.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
We've all lost a payment at least anyone that's been in it for a while and it's part of doing business.

That's just not true. I've been doing this since '98 and I've been paid for every load. Why in the world would it be "part of doing business"? Maybe I'm not clear on what your definition of "lost a payment" is.

Status
Not open for further replies.