A smartphone I might even like

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Not unless they gave it to me for free. They may not honor the warranty any better than they do on their engines.

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
Looking to upgrade soon...why can't it be out now?!? Spongebox is horrible on phones, he needs a drop proof phone...regardless of what phone he gets he's getting an otter case to help prolong the life of the phone!

)0( Nasmaste )0(

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Pandora: he might like the phone I've got: a Casio Giz One. [It's not a smartphone, though]
It has a rubberized coating & it's water resistant. I drop things a lot, ok?

It wasn't till I saw the pedometer that I realized it's meant for athletes, not us klutzy folks, lol. :eek:

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Ok, check out Motorola Droid Razr M. Gorilla glass, totally water resistant, and the case is fortified [almost looks rubberized, but it's not] for protection.
I really wish I hadn't given my original Razr to one of my granddaughters - who knew there wouldn't be any more?!

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
Yeah he definitely needs something built to be dropped, kicked, covered in grease and generally abused!

)0( Nasmaste )0(

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
...regardless of what phone he gets he's getting an otter case to help prolong the life of the phone!
My son has destroyed several phones. My daughter gave him an OtterBox Defender phone case for Christmas last year. Both phone and case are still intact. The Defender adds some weight and bulk to a smart phone, but it does protect it.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Otter box is great. My I Phone has mad it about 8 feet from COE to pavement and numerous other drops.
Wouldn't be without it.

Now we need an otter box to protect dropping rates. :(

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We both have Otter cases on our Iphones. The cases perform well the smart phones are still stupid! :p Can't wait till I can afford to get rid of the thing, I HATE IT!!!

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
We both have Otter cases on our Iphones. The cases perform well the smart phones are still stupid! :p Can't wait till I can afford to get rid of the thing, I HATE IT!!!

The case would be bigger than that little thing they call a phone.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The case would be bigger than that little thing they call a phone.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.

Yeah, I know. I will just get another "hardened" phone. Wish I had just done that this time. I did not want to lay out another $250 for a phone and the Iphone was the "free phone" when I renewed my contract. Should have just bought the phone. Now I have this great big, thing, that I hardly use the junk on it. Just no need to.

Same with the other phone. I don't need memory cards, Mp3 stuff, just a phone that I can step on, drop in the water etc. Not into the "phone craze".