A little help from the experts please

ftp000

Expert Expediter
I'm trying to sell my Sprinter, I won't hit the details as I know I'm already dangerously close to soliciting on this thread and I don't want to do that. I just need to know if you know of some other places to advertise a specialty van like this, and (if you've seen my add 06 w/sleeper) what I can do better to get some action going, people are looking, but not contacting. Shoot me for this dumb post but our sitiuation has changed and I have to move on, I know some of you are better at moving vehicles than I am.

Last edited:

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Well post it in the classifieds on EO but also tell us a bit about it here, like how much and what is it other than a sprinter?

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
If you look, it has been on the classifieds on EO and still is and the eqipment and asking price are listed....:rolleyes:

As he said, people are looking but not contacting, it has had over 200 hits....

Last edited:

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
I'm trying to sell my Sprinter, I won't hit the details as I know I'm already dangerously close to soliciting on this thread and I don't want to do that. I just need to know if you know of some other places to advertise a specialty van like this, and (if you've seen my add 06 w/sleeper) what I can do better to get some action going, people are looking, but not contacting. Shoot me for this dumb post but our sitiuation has changed and I have to move on, I know some of you are better at moving vehicles than I am.

For sure - post it in the classifieds. *If* it's priced right and decent miles - they tend to go pretty fast.

ftp000

Expert Expediter
It's listed, and there's a little wiggle room on the listed price. The thing is running miles and earning right now and has a new/rebuilt engine in it with around 30,000 miles on it, I know what that cost us, we're just trying to break even basically.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

ChrisGa23

Expert Expediter
All of the above websites listed are fine. But watch out putting it on craigslist unless you like getting scammers calling and emailing you every second. When I was trying to sell my Jeep last year I got a call from a guy saying he will give me $4000 over my asking price to pay for shipping . In return give him $2000 back once it was cashed.......RIGHT :rolleyes: I may look dumb but im not lol.

Good luck on the sale.

Speedwagen

Seasoned Expediter
Hi, I own/ have bought and sold a few T1N Sprinters.
I've read your ad;
First thing that caught my eye is not seeing total miles on your
van-people will want to know. Guessing that it's high, so also
mentioning that you have meticulous maintenance records (instead of just "repairs") might get some real bites.
Mentioning condition of expensive wearables (tires, brakes, glass) would also help.
Also, the body looks good- mention it has no paint work/ accidents?
If I really wanted it sold asap, I'd spend a day detailing the exterior (it looks a tad dirty), and making the sleeper area
and interior look as though no one has ever stepped into it.
Losing the exterior company stickers would also help, but not practical to you right now, I understand.
Hope I've helped a bit- now get that horse sold!
Rich

golfournut

Veteran Expediter

I was looking at your ad. It appears to be a fine vehicle and I am sure you have taken very good care of it. I think you may have a two fold issue.
Not everyone wants a built in sleeper so that reduces your market.
I have be pricing new 2011s, Built with the options I would want the price would be $46360 all in. I could get it for $42500. For a 2010 off the lot that has the premium & cargo pkg and a few other bells and whistles, list is $42500. They can be had for $38500 with zero % financing. And you get a warranty.
So that is what your up against.

It would take about 3k to add the insulation, heater and a few other odds and ends.

I'm sure you will eventually get a buyer. May have to look at your asking price a little for a 5 year old vehicle. Good luck.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

ftp000

Expert Expediter
thanks for all the ideas. I plan to use many of them, but first I have to show the van to some prospective buyers this weekend. Hopefully they'll see what I see in this van, A real earner, if not, the phone has started ringing so maybe the future is looking bright. Thanks to eveybody who has offered advice.