90 Car Pileup

NorthernBill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That is a incredible video. Should be playing at the pumps and check out lines during bad weather. Thanks

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What I found amazing was the number of people out of their cars and walking around while this pileup was still in progress.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
What I found amazing was the number of people out of their cars and walking around while this pileup was still in progress.

I'm sure they didn't realize it was still in progress - it's hard to know when the last crash has happened, and finding injured people was probably their first priority.
Did the first big truck [not WalMart] get hit? It 's hard to see - but if he didn't, that makes it all 4 wheelers involved, while 2 bobtails and 2 trucks kept out of it.
Stupid people think their 4 wheel drive means they can zoom, but they forget about the part where they might just have to stop quick, and they can't do that.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It's not only 4 wheelers with 4 wheel drive, I see all kinds of TT, straights, etc, that go flying past me on days like this. It's is not out of the ordinary to find one of the offenders off in a ditch just a few miles up the road after they blow by me. They get what they deserve, too bad they often take out good drivers with them.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Stupid is as stupid does. Better than NASCAR , good job ....now,,one can see as others have said,,,,,,,,way to fast for conditions and these are most likely folks that live there,,,,dont Yankees say us Southerners can't drive in the snow,,, well that video is proof they don't know their you know what from a hole in the ground...................great wreck,,lots of underwear was soiled,lol

Kyle06

Seasoned Expediter
Holy crap, best example on why you should slow down and increase following distance on bad roads. And I think it said 3 people died in the pileup.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using EO Forums mobile app

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Stupid is as stupid does. Better than NASCAR , good job ....now,,one can see as others have said,,,,,,,,way to fast for conditions and these are most likely folks that live there,,,,dont Yankees say us Southerners can't drive in the snow,,, well that video is proof they don't know their you know what from a hole in the ground...................great wreck,,lots of underwear was soiled,lol

I have NO idea what a group of baseball players, fisherman or sails say.

TruckingSurv

Seasoned Expediter
I was on 1-80 EB in Nebraska west of Lincoln this same day, road wasn't too slick yet, BUT blowing and swirling snow made forward visibility very limited, of course if you backoff, then the super truckers are blowing by in the fast lane making things even worse, I decided it was time to park for the day even though I had only made about 180 miles at that point, I did so and rolled east at the speed limit the next morning, sometimes even going slow isn't the safest thing to do, you then become a target. These pileups would be totally unnecessary if ALL vehicles just slowed down and increased their following distance, it is as simple as that, BUT everyone gets the mentality that they are the most important person on the road and way above average in their skills.