5 Sprinter Vans - 2018 Financial Results are In

Jai

New Recruit
Researching
55% and they pay for fuel? Wow!
Yes, they pay for fuel with my CC but it’s later deducted on the settlement. I think it’s better for drivers to get 55% on the $3,500 weekly gross than typical 60/40% split on $1,500-$1,800 weekly gross. We are working extra hard to keep drivers loaded and driving. Our top driver made $72K Net last year.
What about fuel surcharge?
We don’t get any fuel surcharge. Our bids are all in.

What load boards or brokers do you use?

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yes, they pay for fuel with my CC but it’s later deducted on the settlement. I think it’s better for drivers to get 55% on the $3,500 weekly gross than typical 60/40% split on $1,500-$1,800 weekly gross. We are working extra hard to keep drivers loaded and driving. Our top driver made $72K Net last year.
What about fuel surcharge?
We don’t get any fuel surcharge. Our bids are all in.

What load boards or brokers do you use?
I don’t use a load board or a broker. I use a dispatcher.

Reactions: brokcanadian

Erick Jones

Seasoned Expediter
Fleet Owner
150k a year is 3k a week , 600 a day five days a week , 600 a day is like 10hr with sprinter ........... so why criminal ? im doing it with a straight truck with eld.... well maybe 120k but still

Understood. Just so I'm clear ....

Why would he have to work hard? This is a person of means & resources. He doesn't rely on this income. Tossing 5 vans on the road was a test, a learning phase. He knew he wouldn't lose any $, so let's see what this expediting thing is about. After that, time to step up to bigger vehicles.

One more thought, I think hiring drivers to drive 150K mi a year should be criminal. Of course it's not because these are vans. If anyone wanted to add to the case of regulating vans, here's exhibit 1A. We've all had weeks or months of heavy miles but this is extreme to say the least.