23 years

zorry

Veteran Expediter
And as a season ticket holder for a few years, I left enough money on Madison Street to feel I should have a small %.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Watch the video. I don't think he grabbed himself, or even cupped his hand.
He quickly wave his hand through the are. His hand was flying all over anyway.
I expected something much worse. More obvious.

He was sort of out of control, it did appear that he grabbed it, but it was not clear. May have been a bit excessive, but I am no in charge of the league. He does know the story. The guy from Chicago ESPN thinks it was deserved. I don't know. That has nothing to do with why low life, skill impaired, hockey players should be in the league at all. IF one has to resort to trying to injure another player to win, one must suck at the game.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Wait til you get done playing Boston.

Nice nut shot by Lucic,yes ?

Lucic? He sucks. Boston is basically a "thug" team as well. If I were in charge of the league he would be gone for the remainder of the season for that. I also would have fined him a years wages. There is no call for that crap. It IS what happens when lower skill level players encounter higher skilled players. If you can't outplay the team you are up against, lose.

I have one idea that might cut down on some of the thug play. Assume for a minute that one of the thug types puts a "dirty" hit on a player and injures him. The injured player misses 25 games due to the injury. The offending player is suspended for the entire time the injured player is out and must pay the opposing team for the medical bills for the injured player.

Last edited:

zorry

Veteran Expediter
It weird that I watched the Lucic video only hours after watching the Quenneville video.

One had $25,000 fine.
The other a $5,000 fine.

Crazy.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It weird that I watched the Lucic video only hours after watching the Quenneville video.

One had $25,000 fine.
The other a $5,000 fine.

Crazy.

He SHOULD have received a suspension for the remainder of the season and fined a years wages. If not the entire year, all he would have made for the remainder of this season.

He does not belong in the league. There are far too many thugs and it hurts the game.

Hockey is a contact sport, a very hard hitting sport. There is, however, no need to act as many do. Finishing checks to the back, slashing in ways that can injure, cross checking hard enough to break ribs. It has to end. What makes it worse is some "fans" who cheer this kind of crap on.

No game is worth injuring someone, maybe for life.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
That's an arguable call.
He didn't leave his feet and looked like Backes ducked into it.
Sometimes you zig when you should zag.,

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That's an arguable call.
He didn't leave his feet and looked like Backes ducked into it.
Sometimes you zig when you should zag.,

Nothing arguable at all. Backes was not playing the puck. He was hit in head, first. I don't care if he left his feet or not. It was a hit that was NOT needed to enhance the play. It was a check that should not have been finished. Thugs play that way because they are not good hockey players, so they have to try to hurt other players to even the chances. It is bad hockey, there is no excuse and he should be gone. Typical crap in today's "thug" game.

The fans behind the glass show how much class they have too.

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Not playing the puck ? Look again. Get the wife's glasses.

He had ALREADY played the puck and THEN was hit. There was time to pull up and not make that hit. There was no "hockey need" for that hit. It is EXACTLY the mindset that all checks must be finished that is getting players hurt. That guy was HURT, obvious signs of head injury. It was dirty hockey. It's hits like that which is why I am watching less and less hockey. If I want stupid, useless violence I could watch the WWE or go downtown Detroit and sit outside a gas station. I see no difference. Those fans were disgusting.