23 years

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The Detroit Wiffins (Red Wings) managed to squeak into the playoffs for the 23rd year in a row. They will likely lose to Pittsburgh in the first round staring next Wed. Without a doubt the Wiffins are by far the best minor league team in the NHL. Expect many retirements and major changes for next season as the Wiffins become the Red Wings.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
What's the "NHL"? Is that like a national high school football league?

LOL!! Coming from a state like KY where they believe that tiddlywinks (basketball) is really a sport I can see where you might think that. :p

No it a MANS sport called Ice Hockey, the National Hockey League, where stitches during a game are the norm. Get cut and they just stitch you up with dental floss and send you back out to play.

It's played on ice by men wearing knifes strapped to their feet and they fire a rock solid piece of solid, frozen, rubber at speeds over 100MPH.

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
LOL!! Coming from a state like KY where they believe that tiddlywinks (basketball) is really a sport I can see where you might think that. :p

No it a MANS sport called Ice Hockey, the National Hockey League, where stitches during a game are the norm. Get cut and they just stitch you up with dental floss and send you back out to play.

It's played on ice by men wearing knifes strapped to their feet and they fire a rock solid piece of solid, frozen, rubber at speeds over 100MPH.

Oh so what the mighty ducks played lol :p I love those movies

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Oh so what the mighty ducks played lol :p I love those movies

There was a movie? :confused: LOL! Never saw it. No need to watch fake Hollywood junk when you live near Hockeytown! I just hope this is a "clean" playoff season, hate that "thug" game of late. If you can't skate, don't play.

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
There was a movie? :confused: LOL! Never saw it. No need to watch fake Hollywood junk when you live near Hockeytown! I just hope this is a "clean" playoff season, hate that "thug" game of late. If you can't skate, don't play.

I went to a few minor league hockey games when Lexington had teams, but hockey is a sport for people that that don't like warm weather lol. It is way better in person than on TV that is for for sure

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I went to a few minor league hockey games when Lexington had teams, but hockey is a sport for people that that don't like warm weather lol. It is way better in person than on TV that is for for sure

Hockey is a sport for those who are not faint of heart. It is played in a though climate by tough people. Wimps are not allowed.

Hockey is a lot of fun in person, but alas, in Hockey Town, it is WAY too expensive to be able to go to a game very often. That is if you can even get tickets. We have been going once every 4 or 5 years. We MAY start going once a season starting next year, we shall see. It is a LOT of money to go there. A lot depends on how the rates go. If they continue we may have to spend that time looking for food stamps or handouts!

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
For the most part hockey is played in climate controlled buildings. I would venture that football players face more adverse weather than hockey players these days.

Sent from my - Fisher Price ABC - 123

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
For the most part hockey is played in climate controlled buildings. I would venture that football players face more adverse weather than hockey players these days.

Depends on who is playing. We always played pond hockey, outside, regardless of the temp, all we needed was ice. Hockey is a much rougher sport than football. If it were up to me no city that the weather could not support natural pond hockey would have a pro team, it just ain't right. Them warm weather cities just don't get the game.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Tougher now that's funny. I think each sport can get your head smashed or bones broken.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Tougher now that's funny. I think each sport can get your head smashed or bones broken.

Both can get you squashed for sure. Hockey has the added fun of blades that are as sharp as knives, clubs, and frozen chunks of hard rubber hitting you at over 100MPH. The boards add another chance for getting smashed as well. Hockey is also a much faster sport so many of the body on body, body on boards and body sandwiched between a body and boards take place at much higher rates of speed, which, thanks to that Newton dude, means more squash per hit.

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
From time I was 5-18 I played football and basketball in county leagues and my middle and high school. Without a doubt basketball was a lot rougher than football due to lack of pads

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I played both until graduating also. In basketball never had anyone run full blast at me bury their shoulder in my chest and follow through to the floor. But then again I never I never got to smash anyone one else like that in bball either. :)

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
I played both until graduating also. In basketball never had anyone run full blast at me bury their shoulder in my chest and follow through to the floor. But then again I never I never got to smash anyone one else like that in bball either. :)

Lol I played power forward and that seemed to happen a lot to me. But then kentuckians are pretty serious about basketball :p

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
Monday night showed maybe not serious enough.

I am not responsible for the Kentucky wildcats play on the court. Considering 3 out of the last 4 final fours have featured Kentucky and the last 3 national championship games have featured a team from Kentucky, we've also won 2 out of last 3 national championships in the state...I'd say were fairly serious lol. Also Louisville has made it 2 of the last 3 final ford as well

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well you are serious about one and done anyway.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The rule has nothing to do with the NCAA actually. It is strictly an NBA thing, during the last bargaining session with the players association that's one the NBA agreed to in order to get the players to agree to something else

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
The rule has nothing to do with the NCAA actually. It is strictly an NBA thing, during the last bargaining session with the players association that's one the NBA agreed to in order to get the players to agree to something else

The NCAA could stop one and done rule themselves but don't because it drives up TV ratings. Yes the PA and owners agreed but it boils down the NBA gets ready made stars and NCAA get merchandising while they're in school. I don't get how Johny Manzel gets in trouble for getting paid to sign his own name and could have possibly not been allowed to play when the NCAA had shirt made up for fans to buy and probably hundred of thousand if not a few million dollars off him. But it's wrong for him to make some money off his own hard work....I wish the NCAA would die

Last edited: