23 years

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I see the league wised up and gave Seabrook a MUCH deserved 3 game suspension, not nearly enough, but it is a start. That thug garbage has to stop.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Wised up or wussed up ?

Wised up. That player that got hit, team captain, had lost several days to a prior head injury. That hit was designed to put him out of the game/series and maybe end his career. It was nasty play, the kind that has no place in the NHL. I would have suspended him for the remainder of the season and fined him the rest of the years play.

Those classless fans behind just made the day. There used to be a time when the fans would have cheered on the injured player, you know, sportsmanship. ZERO class. Just like Seabrook.
Disgusting.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Instead of 23 years this thread can be called 2 out of 3 years.
Didn't win a series in 2 of the last 3 years.

The Boston-Montreal series ought to be great hockey.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It went as I said it was. The Wiffins are in their learning phase. Best minor league team in the NHL.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Wised up. That player that got hit, team captain, had lost several days to a prior head injury. That hit was designed to put him out of the game/series and maybe end his career. It was nasty play, the kind that has no place in the NHL. I would have suspended him for the remainder of the season and fined him the rest of the years play.

Those classless fans behind just made the day. There used to be a time when the fans would have cheered on the injured player, you know, sportsmanship. ZERO class. Just like Seabrook.
Disgusting.
You're correct. Seabrook has to see what he is hitting. It was a careless and reckless hit to the head of a player who didn't even have the puck. This is a text book cheap shot the NHL is trying to get rid of.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It will never happen. This has been a part of the fabric of the game forever.

Melee on Ice: Top 4 Brawls in NHL Playoffs History
They can curtail the reckless hits as much as possible with stiff penalties like long suspensions and heavy fines. They have to, because if they don't, a player will end up in a wheel chair or worse . By the way, the NHL is reducing fighting in the game as well. Once a large a large fabric in the game is now dwindling.
https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/puck-daddy/fighting-down-nhl-season-why-183041740--nhl.html

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Sharp got loose on a breakaway, shook off a stick to the face.....

Description of Sharp's third period goal during the Blackhawk's spanking of the Blues tonight.

Glad he finished the play instead of flopping.

Also, Backes got Seabrook pretty good, I think in the second period.
The Hawks just kept playing. They had a game to win.

Last edited:

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Interesting stat from Blues/Hawks series.

Blues delivered 248 hits on the Hawks.

Hawks delivered 145 hits in return.

Didn't see the games. Surprised it was such a lopsided stat.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Interesting stat from Blues/Hawks series.

Blues delivered 248 hits on the Hawks.

Hawks delivered 145 hits in return.

Didn't see the games. Surprised it was such a lopsided stat.
The Hawks as a team don't really hit that much. Kind of like the RedWings. Sometimes when a team tries to hit another team so much they end up wearing themselves out, like the Blues.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
3 OT's in first game, and 4 of 5 going into OT, would make anyone tired.

Glad the Hawks are getting a rest..
Glad they're not getting as much rest as the Red Wings.