2012 Chat and Locations

gotta go

Veteran Expediter
Paul, one of the things I tell those considering signing on with Bolt, is to know your costs. Until you convince dispatch that you will not run for bargain basement rates it is necessary to set your own rate for each run.
I think it is harder for a contract driver than an o/o because they don't always see the big picture. In the past, with another carrier, I got tired of having to ask for every nickel that was promised.
With Bolt, it almost became a challenge for the load planners to get me to take a load for the first offer. The longer I stay, the less dickering I do, the more money I make. And the better my working relationship with the operations team.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well put gotta go, I agree with you. Kind of my same principles of doing business.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using EO Forums

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Unloaded 3 hours early, at pilot at niles, oh.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sitting no.1 now after other cv s got loads out yesterday. Syracuse won yesterday so hopefully shippers all in good mood.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Waited 4 hours for power plant to open up . Then 30 minutes for security checks and 2 minutes for unload. Back to bed Pilot at Richmond.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
So much for extra sleep got very good paying shorty load to Maryland

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Unloaded at Lusby, Maryland at another power plant, lol but with Polite security guards. Very nice scenic area, time to be a tourist.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just got load for Thursday morn pickup Connecticut to Effingham, Il.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Got load picking up at There, Missouri going to Yonder, Ill. Sat. Pickup , monday delivery All miles paid $

gotta go

Veteran Expediter
Still on vacation at MATS. Sorry you couldn't make it. I enjoy reading your posts and would have liked to meet you.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Did I read right , gotta go did you get a bigger van. I actually thought about deadheading towards Louisville,, earlier this afternoon but this load came up and I like making money on the weekends instead of sitting.

gotta go

Veteran Expediter
I have a straight truck, not a van. One of the best things about Bolt is the number of weekend loads that are available.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Oh I seen you talking about Jack and Gracies van and that it was sold.