2012 Chat and Locations

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
No , more like just dumb luck , and being at right spot at right time stopped at Kansas toll now

Sent from my SGH-T959 using EO Forums

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Gassing up north of KC , gottago i'm saying luck as in another came in overnight and he bumped me down a spot. He gets load to San Antonio and 2 hours later I get one to Wisc.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Unloaded at 8 am here in Osh kosh , just woke up from 8 hour power nap.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
FIRE SALE ? on rates ? Lol those who know me, know I won't run cheap. I leave those runs to the Penske vans, the sooner they go broke the happier we'll all be.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
FIRE SALE ? on rates ? Lol those who know me, know I won't run cheap. I leave those runs to the Penske vans, the sooner they go broke the happier we'll all be.

Cheap to one may not be cheap to another, it is a relative term.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yes I know Paul. I' m just saying that the bigger expedite carriers all have their own customers plus the NLM board and its generaly the unbranded companys that are bidding the cheap freight to put in their Penske overweight cubes. And every carrier has slow times and the finger pointing needs to be at the the fly by nighters who offer JUST cheap rates and no service , not at other established bigger companys. J M O

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Yes I know Paul. I' m just saying that the bigger expedite carriers all have their own customers plus the NLM board and its generaly the unbranded companys that are bidding the cheap freight to put in their Penske overweight cubes. And every carrier has slow times and the finger pointing needs to be at the the fly by nighters who offer JUST cheap rates and no service , not at other established bigger companys. J M O

There are plenty of bigger companies that are known for bidding freight down and Bolt is one of them. The smaller companies usually can't afford to run cheaply since they have to make money on each run, just take a look at what blizzard is doing. The guy that just runs on his own can run cheaper since he has low overhead and the bigger company can afford to make less on some runs because they have 100+ a day. An unbranded company and fly by nighters won't have access to NLM so the rate decreases are actually caused by carriers like Bolt trying to just grab anything they can because they are trying to grab market share. When you look at the rate you are paid do you think you rank at the top, middle, or bottom of the van industry? I know I wasn't at the bottom but I also talked to some Panther drivers and found they were getting paid better per mile and were getting more miles. I was very happy with Bolt and I had no issue posting so but then reality set in and I realized the unethical games they play on top of the rate decrease.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I guess I must be the only bolt driver making decent money. Lol . Yes , i've been offered lowball offers on loads , but I turn them down. I will move on my own dime before I run cheap freight, but thats my choice and others will do those loads. And I know the small companys can t bid on Nlm freight but it is farmed out to them every day by almost every carrier . I just had a branch office the other day told me they could farm a load out if I didn take their offer, and I told them GO ahead and give it to the unbranded ,stinky, dirty clothes, broken english speaking,rude, rusty van person and then have them be representing the company at the customers door, then there was a moment of Silence before they paid me the rate I wanted. I just get tired of reading on here that as soon as a slow time hits another company ITS always because bolt is undercutting them. I can't post on here on here what I make per mile because it ****es off my wife, but I average close to what the number 1 company pays their vans.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Woke up and getting dressed and got after supper load going to chattanooga direct. Plenty of time to shower, eat, and head early to pickup load.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Got out of bed and seen I was bumped to number 3 of 5 cv , so I moved on my dime to honeyhole and now no. 1 .

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I wish we could get a soap opera discussion going on this forum. We could call it The Tired and The Senceless. Lol

gotta go

Veteran Expediter
I wish we could get a soap opera discussion going on this forum. We could call it The Tired and The Senceless. Lol

Centsless? (I'm like your wife, no one would believe how well we get paid) :p

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yeah I hear ya, but I do mean Common Sence less, on turning down loads, and taking loads to BFE with no deadhead pay or any chance of getting a load out, and sitting for days not relocating to better freight area. I hear this from almost all company drivers. I just scratch my head and wonder where their head is ?

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Hopefully you guys can help them out and make sure they aren't hauling CV freight for less than $1.10/mile or ST freight for less than $1.75/mile unless they are coming out of a place like Laredo so that they can be successful. I found 90% of load offers were under $1/mile for CV's and was surprised by the number of drivers that will take loads for .80 and .90. They keep offering them because drivers keep taking them so there is no reason for companies to charge more. If you are able to bring the other's expectations up to the level you guys seem to be at then you can really help a lot of people.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
There is No reason we should have to preach to others about running their vans and doing it to make a profit. E O has workshops for them to attend and there is the newbie section on here that several people have taken the time to explain to them how to succeed in this business. It is one of the 1st sites I tell people about when they start asking questions. A question for You thow, didn't YOU quit Bolt as a cargo van driver and Now drive tr tl for a differant company? I thought this was a Bolt employee Forum only.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
The idea is to help other drivers so they stop taking low ball offers. If they stop taking them then the rates will increase and you will benefit as well. You can prove to them that you are getting paid the best rates at the company and top in the industry then explain how you do it. It will help Bolt drivers, the industry, EO, and you so why wouldn't you want to do it. As to your question I still have the van and am looking to put a driver in it, not sure if they will want it there or some where else.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I understand your point ,and agree with it to a point. I spent over a year on here reseaching,reading, studying and building up my plan and I m still learning , if I just give them the answers without them doing their homework, thats like cheating in school and they wouldn t have really learned a thing. JMO you would have to talk to Anne about your van, because I was told ther are trying to keep a cap on vans at 100 total.