20 Truths Banned in America

TDave

Expert Expediter
I think what people tend to forget is while yes our fore fathers based our constitution on Christian beliefs they also built our country on being secular.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using EO Forums mobile app

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I think what people tend to forget is while yes our fore fathers based our constitution on Christian beliefs they also built our country on being secular.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using EO Forums mobile app

Well said, my newbie friend, well said.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
"You can't convince a believer of anything; for their belief is not based on evidence, it's based on a deep seated need to believe." - Carl Sagan

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
Apart from Christ, the state of your soul is hideous. That you don't realize it says something about your condition.

Just because your soul is hideous doesn't mean mine is...you remind me of those guys who went around during the plague who flogged themselves. You are extremely unhappy and have almost a victim mentality..."I'm unhappy, everything sucks, my God demands servitude, unhappiness and absolute control so everyone else must be unhappy!" Geez Louise! I wish peace and happiness, maybe some therapy sessions because you are severely in need of some sunshine in your life!

)0( Nasmaste )0(

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Just because your soul is hideous doesn't mean mine is...you remind me of those guys who went around during the plague who flogged themselves. You are extremely unhappy and have almost a victim mentality..."I'm unhappy, everything sucks, my God demands servitude, unhappiness and absolute control so everyone else must be unhappy!" Geez Louise! I wish peace and happiness, maybe some therapy sessions because you are severely in need of some sunshine in your life!

)0( Nasmaste )0(

Might just be seeking answers to get out of the closet. ;)

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
Might just be seeking answers to get out of the closet. ;)

Ouch! That's nasty burn...anyone got any ointment? Lol!
I just passed the Rainbow Spa massage parlor yesterday and there was an expediter parked put front!

)0( Nasmaste )0(

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Ouch! That's nasty burn...anyone got any ointment? Lol!
I just passed the Rainbow Spa massage parlor yesterday and there was an expediter parked put front!

)0( Nasmaste )0(

"Twinkle Toes Expediting"? They move your freight with the speed of a fairy!

:p

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
So God never spoke to Moses or anyone? No burning bush?
It's not that God never spoke to anyone, but that anyone can say God spoke to them while promoting evil. There was a cult in Rulo, NE years back that was raided because the leader was having people do violent things, pretending to be a prophet, getting others to do vile acts because, he always said, "that's what Yahweh wants." In the end, this culminated in torture and murder. Well, if you had paid attention to what the self-proclaimed prophet was claiming God said, you'd know it wasn't true because of the nature of it.
Similarly, if your child is cooking some dope and loading a syringe, and you stopped him, and he said "Mom said I could shoot heroin," wouldn't you know better? (Any future husband of Courtney Love excepted.)
If a mom sees her young son hauling his bicycle up to the roof and asks what he's doing, will she believe it if her son said, "Dad said I could ride my bike on the roof," or would she know better? (Will Smith's wife excepted.)
The content of what mom or dad allegedly said confirms it as a falsehood.
So when you say God told you the state of your soul is just fine, I know better. God has already made it known that, without Christ, nobody's soul is just fine. Even with Christ, our right-standing isn't of ourselves; we're still wretched sinners.
So you should definitely look into the source of these voices feeding you this bad information. Maybe it's Venus Flytrap talking out of the corner of his mouth, but it's not God.

Last edited:

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It's not that God never spoke to anyone, but that anyone can say God spoke to them while promoting evil. There was a cult in Rulo, NE years back that was raided because the leader was having people do violent things, pretending to be a prophet, getting others to do vile acts because, he always said, "that's what Yahweh wants." In the end, this culminated in torture and murder. Well, if you had paid attention to what the self-proclaimed prophet was claiming God said, you'd know it wasn't true because of the nature of it.
Similarly, if your child is cooking some dope and loading a syringe, and you stopped him, and he said "Mom said I could shoot heroin," wouldn't you know better? (Any future husband of Courtney Love excepted.)
If a mom sees her young son hauling his bicycle up to the roof and asks what he's doing, will she believe it if her son said, "Dad said I could ride my bike on the roof," or would she know better? (Will Smith's wife excepted.)
The content of what mom or dad allegedly said confirms it as a falsehood.
So when you say God told you the state of your soul is just fine, I know better. God has already made it known that, without Christ, nobody's soul is just fine. Even with Christ, our right-standing isn't of ourselves; we're still wretched sinners.
So you should definitely look into the source of these voices feeding you this bad information. Maybe it's Venus Flytrap talking out of the corner of his mouth, but it's not God.

Wonder what Abraham thinks of that?

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Abraham worships Christ and is in full agreement with it. Abraham's salvation was via Christ.

According to you god would never ask anyone to do something like kill their own son.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
According to you god would never ask anyone to do something like kill their own son.

God stopped Abraham from sacrificing his son. It was a lesson in substitutionary atonement, for when God did sacrifice His Own Son.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
God stopped Abraham from sacrificing his son. It was a lesson in substitutionary atonement, for when God did sacrifice His Own Son.

He asked him before he stopped him. Your bactracking.