14 hurt in Houston College attack

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I was just looking at this online. There is a LOT of very sick people out there these days. I cannot imagine what has gotten into SO many people to make them act like this.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Just another nut case. Just makes guns in schools more of a good idea.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
We have GOT to ban those high-capacity blade magazines. And we need a Knife Registry, and serial numbers on all blades, and background checks.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We have GOT to ban those high-capacity blade magazines. And we need a Knife Registry, and serial numbers on all blades, and background checks.

NYC is ALREADY working on that. I posted an article over a year ago about potential NYC knife bans.

Any bets Obama does not go on about this attack like he does those that involve guns?

I wonder what this was all about?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Don't give them any ideas.;)
As Layout notes, it's not a new idea.

Al Sharpton from January...
Al Sharpton Calls for Knife Control Alongside Gun Restrictions | NewsBusters

As you read the article, pay particular attention to Sharpton's salient pharmaceutical analogy. It's quite telling of treating the symptoms instead of treating the source of the symptoms.

Gun control, knife control, pretty soon we have to eat our food whole, rocks will be illegal, and baseball bats will be a fond memory.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Gun control, knife control are all euphemisms for "People control" which is the only reason for Obama' dreams for anti-gun (freedom) laws.

There are ONLY two kinds of people who would go along with his tyranny, those who wish to share in his power and fools. There is NOTHING in the bills being put forth that will stop or even reduce crime. It is not about reducing crime that the INCREASE in crime, and murders, that they will cause will be MORE than welcomed by the oppressors. It is being hoped for so they can even do MORE, pass MORE restrictive laws to control us.

21cExp

Veteran Expediter
One report said it was an X-Acto knife, used for modeling, craft, and hobby work primarily.

Those homemakers and craft people are pretty dangerous folk when riled up, and I think we should ban ownership of all blades under 2" whether sharpened or not. Let's just not take any chances with that crowd. . .

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
{Text deleted, Code of Conduct violation. - Turtle}

Last edited by a moderator:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
One report said it was an X-Acto knife, used for modeling, craft, and hobby work primarily.

Those homemakers and craft people are pretty dangerous folk when riled up, and I think we should ban ownership of all blades under 2" whether sharpened or not. Let's just not take any chances with that crowd. . .

As well as forks, butter knives, sheets, baseball bats, blankets, hockey sticks, water and ANYTHING else that might even be REMOTELY used as a weapon to kill people.

HEY! That's a REALLY good idea, ban ALL weapons that are used to kill. Start with government. Obama has ALREADY killed a bunch of people, ban Mr Peace Prize!

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
When are we ever going to WAKE UP and do something about high capacity knives? Haven't we learned that unrestricted sales of edged weapons is an invitation to disaster? When are we going to start confirming the suitability of purchasers and their legal standing and status prior to arming them with deadly blades? Enough is enough. This must be a wake up call for common sense knife control. :rolleyes: The sad part is we have fools in our midst, some already mentioned, who will agree with that.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
You can have my Victorinox Swiss Army Knives when you pry them from my bloody, stitched up fingers.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Maybe we are moving too fast?

View attachment 6580

When ever I say what above sign says I get made fun off and it hurts my feelings.:eek: :( :p

Imagine asking an admitted heavy dope user, past or present, to pass a background check. For a job that REQUIRES a high level security clearance EVERYONE who applies for the job, elected or other wise, SHOULD be REQUIRED to pass the SAME background checks. That, without ANY doubt would have excluded Obama, Clinton and likely many other of our current and past elected scum!

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Fortunately, Texas is going the right direction. There's a bill there to repeal the ban on switchblades.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
If everyone that smoked dope in the 60's and 70's got run off of their present jobs the office buildings of this country would be mighty empty.
The problem is those that continued that behavior into adulthood.

Disclaimer. This is merely an observation of the world we live in.
Not an admission of any past illegal activity.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
All Off-Topic posts have been removed. Anyone wanting to revisit the off-topic posts, start a new thread on the subject.

Carry on.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Has anyone ever started a thread called Let's Nitpick or Let's Bicker ?

I dunno. Start a new thread and ask the question in that thread, where it'll be, you know, like, on topic. :cool: