$1.40 per mile?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
He's such a nice guy, huh? lol :)

Thanks Col, I'm guessin not many get that blessin'. It's really not as difficult as some make it out to be if your willing to make a sacrifice here and there.

I've actually met the Col in person..and he did not bite, not once...:p..once ya get used to his gruff exterior...he is not that bad...he sure knows this biz...gotta read between the lines sometimes...;)

nobb4u

Expert Expediter
Thanks for sharing, nobb4u. Before I comment, can you tell me how you have calculated your truck payment? ie, for how many years will this payment be in effect, does it change from year to year, will there come a time when you still have a viable truck but no truck payment?
The numbers you see in the spreadsheet are actual expenses. The number of years has no bearing on this sheet, The top part of this sheet is the non variable and the bottom is for variable expenses.

Nobb4u, or anyone else that can help me with the fuel numbers. Per the spread sheet I'm coming up with about 10 mpg. Am I miscalculating? That seems exceptional since the refrigeration unit is running of the mains.

I think the question is how are you figuring your MPG? What kind if truck and engine are you running? My truck gets about 9.2 on the engine but when I do the overall mileage with reefer and apu I come out to 8.4 MPG. Figuring MPG is very simple, number of miles divided by number of gallons equals MPG.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
do you exist?;)

Well not really, I'm one of those webbots that was created by this guy who sits in his basement at his mothers house in Chicago 'burb using me to get as high of a post count to take EO down so he can start his own site - expediters offline. I am programmed to post 1,000,000,000 times in the course of the next few months.:p

14Wheeler

Seasoned Expediter
sure knows this biz...gotta read between the lines sometimes...;)

Gotta admit, he don't mince words. But he is a credible vet with real world insight about this business. I'd much rather read the words of a proven driver than that of a basement dweller who's closest connection to a truck would be his hot wheel collection.

Swanny

Seasoned Expediter
noob4u, my calculations from the spread sheet...

fuel exp. $3770
@3.95 per gal.
954 gallons.

mthly avg miles 9639
divided by 954 gallons

Just want to make sure I didn't miss something.