November with the One!

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Good Afternoon Load One live from Buffalo Wild Wings and Holiday Inn! Had a good week this week. Got my load off a while ago and decided to get a room half a mile from the dealership. Its already time for a Service B and there was nothing close by and I wont be back in service til Friday.

I've been seeing and hearing about Sprinters not running. So far I've been very fortunate and been at the right place at the right time! I know it will hit me "my time is coming " but what gets me is everybody expects to run all the time. That's not going to happen. Whoever reads this I would suggest going to the Expedite Expo Show in Lexington and vist the workshops.

That will help alot of people to understand this industry and know what to expect. I'm not trying to be mean or rude to anyone.

In one hour the Nascar race from Miami Homestead for the championship will be on. It's going to be exciting!!! Hope yall watch it and enjoy!

Reactions: ntimevan and Turtle

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Good Afternoon Load One live from Buffalo Wild Wings and Holiday Inn! Had a good week this week. Got my load off a while ago and decided to get a room half a mile from the dealership. Its already time for a Service B and there was nothing close by and I wont be back in service til Friday.

I've been seeing and hearing about Sprinters not running. So far I've been very fortunate and been at the right place at the right time! I know it will hit me "my time is coming " but what gets me is everybody expects to run all the time. That's not going to happen. Whoever reads this I would suggest going to the Expedite Expo Show in Lexington and vist the workshops.

That will help alot of people to understand this industry and know what to expect. I'm not trying to be mean or rude to anyone.

In one hour the Nascar race from Miami Homestead for the championship will be on. It's going to be exciting!!! Hope yall watch it and enjoy!
I try to just cleanup the meat scrap loads that Canadian Scott doesn't haven't time to do ....
And instate loads in Iowa .. $$$$

Money not Miles

guido4475

Not a Member
On vacation, I presume????...lol

Nice! I spent today changing the oil, fuel filter, greasing, checking suspension and steering, wheel bearing end play, fluid levels, cleaning all battery and starter connections, grounds, etc, testing battery and alternator output levels, just getting it ready for winter, the whole time I kept asking myself "why????", over and over....lol....

I even did laundry and changed the cars summer wheels and tires to the factory aluminum wheels with the winter tires.

A friend just told me he counted 24 vans on the ground at the Duncan, SC Pilot/TA. I don't think I can ever remember that many vans there at once. Ever. Oversaturation.

Last edited:

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Unloaded in Troy MI. this morning. Waiting for fog/traffic and some slick conditions to clear before heading home.
Don't know yet if I'll take the rest of the week off or not. Depends on how fast I can get through my to do list, and how the yard looks ;)

Of course, getting a load out my be the other factor :rolleyes:

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
46299577_10157054891896019_7564414710884335616_o.jpg

Heads up big sale THIS FRIDAY ONLY! No code needed! Visit the Load One corporate store and stock up in time for the holidays! http://store.load1.com One more way for us to say thanks to our staff and drivers!

Last edited:
Reactions: DollarSign

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
My to do list got longer, coupled with trying to figure out my new phone (yes ntimevan I finally upgraded it :D).
But at this point, I'm thinking I want to go back :rolleyes:
Even though I'm pretty tech savvy, this phone has my head spinning with all the settings and stuff o_O
Going from a old outdated iPhone to a new Android is a little more challenging then I thought.

So will be taking the rest of the week off to get things squared away. Maybe even clean up the house, since I left it pretty trashed after my van transfer ;)

guido4475

Not a Member
My to do list got longer, coupled with trying to figure out my new phone (yes ntimevan I finally upgraded it :D).
But at this point, I'm thinking I want to go back :rolleyes:
Even though I'm pretty tech savvy, this phone has my head spinning with all the settings and stuff o_O
Going from a old outdated iPhone to a new Android is a little more challenging then I thought.

So will be taking the rest of the week off to get things squared away. Maybe even clean up the house, since I left it pretty trashed after my van transfer ;)

If I can figure out a Galaxy Note 9, anyone can. I love it !

guido4475

Not a Member
The doctors appointment was as usual, great and memorable this morning. I swear, my doctor must of been a former stripper. Tan blond, leather boots just coming up to just below the knees, laced up, with the white coat thingee....lol. blood pressure and pulse normal, (she took it twice)...I shocked her...she tested my heart, some machine with sticky things taped all me, said its all good, good results. My sugar level needs a little work ....no Hernia. (The most action that ive had in a lloooong time)....lol....Physical therapy Monday...than back out...

Than back home for Christmas...

Which has me worried, as my doctor told me shes going to have a special present for me..(my mind was wandering with a vengence...)

She said it will be colonsocopy time.

Im worried....lol..

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
John K Elliott II
Admin · 11 mins
Happy Thanksgiving Eve! Once again this year Load One will be hosting a Thanksgiving get together at the Lakes of Taylor on Northline Road about 1.5 miles from the office. It will run from 11-3 and dinner is on us for any of our drivers that are at the yard versus home this holiday. Also welcome is any other expedite driver or owner operator that might be laid over in Detroit area. VP of Ops Nick Miller will be your host with the most this year.

Casual dress is fine as we have our own area and we normally watch the Lions game. I am sure we will have plenty of people that can car pool from the yard over as in past years. They have plenty of room for straights and vans and bobtails. If you choose to have a cocktail DO NOT DRIVE please.

Thank you to everyone in advance and I wish all of you a blessed holiday from myself and the Load One family.

Go Lions!!!

Document.jpg

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Just want to make sure everyone got an email with the Best Fleets to Drive For survey link. If you didn't shoot me a private message and I will give you the link. Thanks!