November with the One!

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Picked up last night along with some other L1 drivers, at Pot of Gold shipping :D
It would be a understatement to say it paid extremely well. Got to love being on percentage ;)
What was the super hot shipments? Political Flyers for your mailbox :rolleyes:

The excitement never seems to end since I've been in North Carolina.

1st trip was the police chase. Next trip was something I've never seen before...

I saw a digital sign saying that the right lane up ahead was closed due to a crash.

Nothing too unusually about that, until I saw what all the commotion was about.

Not even on my list of things to see was...a airplane :eek:

Plane makes emergency landing on I-95 :: WRAL.com

Now empty in Pennsylvania, hoping my next trip will not involve a news report :D

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Good Afternoon Load One! Well my plan to get my shipment off early failed. Was told to call the contact and call or text the shipper on what the consignee said. Well he said deliver today as scheduled. Done that and hanging out here and nothing going on. With that in mind, DollarSign will be working towards the house and restocking the van. Unless dispatch changes things!

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Came back into service on Tuesday. Had to stay home one extra day to pick up Tiffany's birthday present. She will be 5 this month.
Champ.jpg
Every little girl should get a pony for her birthday.:)
(We live in a horse barn and my wife has always owned horses. Tiffany is going to learn how to ride and horses will most likely be a part of her life.)

Last edited:

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
At my pickup for the morning. Thought it might be a residential house pick up since I only had someone's name.
But looks likes it going to be a McDonald's run. Why that little detail was left out who knows. Had I known that, I wouldn't have premade my morning coffee :D

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Thank you to our fleet! We have once again been nominated and have made it to the next round in the "Best Fleets to Drive For" competition. We have been named a fleet to watch twice and been awarded top 20 fleet in North America twice. Hoping for another win this year! Our driver app and the power and information it gives our owner operators was a big part of us making this round this year. Combined with a driver centric culture (annual turnover 1/4 of industry average) and an extensive package with paid fuel tax, rewards program, scale bypass, tolls etc all added up.

Now the next step is we need approx 90 drivers to complete a survey on the company. We will be emailing the link later this week. But in the interim you can message me for it or it is posted in the private facebook goup. Teams may complete the survey twice.

Best Fleets TCA and Carrier Edge.jpg

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Something New?

This was a first for me. No phone call, but received a notification on my tablet that I had a quote offer. Brought up the app, tapped the quote offer, then had option to accept or decline with a count down timer which at that time was under 5 mins remaining. Kind of neat, however, if I was not on my tablet at the time, I would have missed the offer completely. Wondering how many other ones I've missed. Is this going to be the new way to get loads?

Screenshot_20181107-122310.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: ntimevan

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
It is something new we are working on to try and speed the flow of information and to get fleet response faster so that we can commit to the customer. It will let us offer to multiple units and know if we have coverage, but we will still go in the proper order of the longest sitting unit. We are working on this and some really powerful new technology for customer service to be able to get multiple options back to our customers faster than ever before. Speed and options often win freight with customers vs always being the lowest price. We are striving to build game changers! We will be fully implementing this in the next week or so but are still testing right now. You will be getting a message from Nick Miller as we prepare to roll out on a larger scale.

Sent from my iPad using EO Forums