What's Going on in the US House of Representatives?

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I just dont get it, you have plenty of money, will still get a government pension, and you still want to run for re-election? I think she, and Biden, and Sanders and Trump and plenty of others need to step away and let someone younger take over.

Reactions: ATeam

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Lust for power. Senile dementia. Take your pick. In her case probably add alcoholic something into the mix. FF failed us tremendously when they didn't put in term limits.

Reactions: danthewolf00

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Lust for power. Senile dementia. Take your pick. In her case probably add alcoholic something into the mix. FF failed us tremendously when they didn't put in term limits.
To be fair, what was the average life expectancy when they wrote the constitution? I looked it up, 54 for men and 56 for women, I doubt they even imagined people living past 80.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
To be fair, what was the average life expectancy when they wrote the constitution? I looked it up, 54 for men and 56 for women, I doubt they even imagined people living past 80.
They did not imagine the internet and smart phones either. If you went back in time and told them there would be a day when virtually everyone in the world has a device in their pocket that enables them to instantly communicate with everyone in the world, it would have been inconceivable to them. So too with travel. It would have been inconceivable to the Founding Fathers that you could travel by flying from Philadelphia to the Pacific Coast in six hours.

But the Founders did understand human nature, which is why the Constitution has lasted this long.

Last edited:

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
They did not imagine the internet and smart phones either. If you went back in time and told them there would be a day when virtually everyone in the world has a device in their pocket that enables them to instantly communicate with everyone in the world, it would have been inconceivable to them. So too with travel. It would have been inconceivable to the Founding Fathers that you could travel by flying from Philadelphia to the Pacific Coast in six hours.

But the Founders did understand human nature, which is why the Constitution has lasted this long.
It would be called witchcraft......

Reactions: RLENT and ATeam

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Lauren Boebert's Heavy Petting & Heavy Hypocrisy

Boebert barely won her re-election bid in 2022 (won by 546 votes after a recount). Voters are highly likely give her the boot and elect her Democratic rival in 2024.

Video

With several New York House seats likely to reverse (including Santos), the mobilized abortion-rights voters, and Boebert now fully discredited, it is highly likely that the Republicans will hand the US House over to the Democrats in 2024.

Last edited:
Reactions: RLENT and Ragman

ATeam

Retired Expediter

Boebert barely won her re-election bid in 2022 (won by 546 votes after a recount). Voters are highly likely give her the boot and elect her Democratic rival in 2024.
A while back, Pilgrim spoke long and loud about the shame Hunter Biden's son must bear because of the behavior of his parents. I wonder if Pilgrim has the same to say about Boebert's four children, the youngest of which is 10.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Video

With several New York House seats likely to reverse (including Santos), the mobilized abortion-rights voters, and Boebert now fully discredited, it is highly likely that the Republicans will hand the US House over to the Democrats in 2024.
What I find just a tad hypocritical, her date was a Democrat that owns a bar which has drag queen shows.

Reactions: ATeam and RLENT

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
A while back, Pilgrim spoke long and loud about the shame Hunter Biden's son must bear because of the behavior of his parents. I wonder if Pilgrim has the same to say about Boebert's four children, the youngest of which is 10.
I highly doubt it.
Maga maniacs are never critical of other maniacs.

Reactions: RLENT

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
  • Haha
Reactions: ATeam and coalminer

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Maybe you'd like to refresh our collective memories about that post. If you're going to refer to something one of us said on here, we need to see the quote in its entirety so we can understand the context and respond - if it deserves a response. There's no way I can remember everything I've said on this forum.

• Haha
Reactions: Ragman and RLENT

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Maybe you'd like to refresh our collective memories about that post. If you're going to refer to something one of us said on here, we need to see the quote in its entirety so we can understand the context and respond - if it deserves a response. There's no way I can remember everything I've said on this forum.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

I assume you're fishing for a comment from me about Lauren Boebert, a CO House member to whom I haven't given much attention until now. That's because when she first came on the political scene she appeared to be a loudmouth redneck with little of substance to offer in Congress. Her trashy behavior in a public theater simply reinforces that opinion. Hopefully the Republicans will find a better representative to primary her in the next election.

Regarding her four sons, they probably don't care about her behavior. The tabloids are claiming her 17 yr-old son recently knocked up his high school girlfriend, and Boebert is piously crowing the she hopes the girl will "choose life" as her mother did coincidentally at the same age, and as she did with him at age 18. Having children as a teenager must be a tradition passed from one generation to the next. Sounds like a truly all-American family.

Does this satisfy you?

• Haha
Reactions: RLENT and muttly

ATeam

Retired Expediter
I assume you're fishing for a comment from me about Lauren Boebert,
Correct.
a CO House member to whom I haven't given much attention until now. That's because when she first came on the political scene she appeared to be a loudmouth redneck with little of substance to offer in Congress. Her trashy behavior in a public theater simply reinforces that opinion. Hopefully the Republicans will find a better representative to primary her in the next election.

Regarding her four sons, they probably don't care about her behavior. The tabloids are claiming her 17 yr-old son recently knocked up his high school girlfriend, and Boebert is piously crowing the she hopes the girl will "choose life" as her mother did coincidentally at the same age, and as she did with him at age 18. Having children as a teenager must be a tradition passed from one generation to the next. Sounds like a truly all-American family.

Does this satisfy you?
Yes

Reactions: RLENT

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Missing F-35 Jet

There is news today that an F-35 fighter jet is missing after the pilot ejected due to a "mishap."

The truth is, Joe Biden ordered the Democratic pilot to eject and make the plane go missing to distract the media from covering the House Republicans' investigation into the photo that shows Hunter Biden with one untied shoe. You haven't heard of the untied shoe investigation? That proves my point. The coverup is working.