What's Going on in the US House of Representatives?

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Schiff and others in Congress colluded with the Democrat party, a govt agency (FBI) and the defeated presidential candidate (Hillary) to overturn a certified election and remove a sitting president from office - all because they refused to accept the results of the election. The mainstream media supported this Big Lie in every way possible.
Two separate investigations ( Mueller & Durham) have proven this took place without basis, but no prosecutions or indictments.

Yet hundreds of people are in jail for protesting and questioning subsequent election results in 2020. What's wrong with this picture?

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I watch this show called See No Evil. It’s about local crimes that are solved mostly by looking at video tape from surveillance cameras. Local investigators acquire clues from them to solve the crime and catch the criminal.
But the FBI, with all the investigative tools at their disposal can’t crack this apparent unsolvable case.
Something is fishy here:
IMG_3180.jpeg

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I watch this show called See No Evil. It’s about local crimes that are solved mostly by looking at video tape from surveillance cameras. Local investigators acquire clues from them to solve the crime and catch the criminal.
But the FBI, with all the investigative tools at their disposal can’t crack this apparent unsolvable case.
Something is fishy here:
View attachment 22507
They know who it is, but they're not telling. Just like they know who Ray Epps is, what he did, and he's free as a bird.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Representative Scott Perry of Pennsylvania, chair of the Republican far-right Freedom Caucus, said on Tuesday. “We will do everything in our power to stop [the debt ceiling compromise] and end it now.”

So far, their power seems pretty weak. The bill was reported out of the Rules Committee last night with a majority of Republicans voting for it. On the far-left, the Squad is equally incensed with the compromise, but they too find themselves powerless to slow or stop it. The bill is expected to pass the House on a bipartisan vote tonight.

There has been Republican talk of yanking McCarthy out of his House Speaker seat by using the motion to remove that any single House member may make. But McCarthy is not worried about that as it seems there are insufficient votes. The motion may be made, but if it is, it will likely be defeated. So McCarthy is safe in his seat.

This is a fascinating development. The extremes on both the left and right are being quashed as more moderate House members in both parties band together to act.

That says nothing about the fiscal state of our country. Our spendthrift government has been irresponsibly managing the country's finances for many years, regardless of which party controls the White House or Congress. Major reform is needed and none in power now seem inclined to provide it.

It does say something about the influence of the Freedom Caucus and Squad. They seem to be more smoke than fire these days.

Last edited:

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Wonder if they are independent reporters or with a news outlet.
John Soloman is a seasoned reporter that was with The Hill newspaper before he started his own outlet. It’s called Just The News No Noise and he also has a one hour show on Real America’s Voice channel.
Julie Kelly has done extensive reporting of the J6 court cases in DC for the last 2 and a half years and writes for American Greatness.
Both are solid in presenting the facts, imo.

Reactions: danthewolf00

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Quashing the Extremists

The bipartisan agreement between President Biden and House Speaker Kevin McCarthy passed 314-117, with 149 Republicans and 165 Democrats voting for it. In other words, 73% of the House members who voted, voted to pass this highly consequential bill.

The representatives who voted against it represent the far-left and far-right members whose views lie outside the body's mainstream. While certain Republicans said McCarthy would be removed from his speaker seat if this bill passes, no House Member has yet made that motion.

I think that's because they know the motion would fail, and they do not want their weakness to be further exposed. On the far-right, the Squad and like-minded Democrats are also grumbling, but no one there is initiating vindictive responses either.

I do not know if the House will revert to form now that this bill has passed, but a new possibility exists.

McCarthy is extremely pleased with himself and the high praise he is now receiving from both sides of the aisle. His seat seems secure. The 73% bipartisan majority seems to have stumbled onto the fact that they can act without concern for the extremists. That opens the possibility that the rational House Democrats and Republicans might work more openly together to govern, instead of acting loudly apart to grandstand.

As I said, I don't know if the House will revert to form. They have been grandstanding against each other for a very long time and those partisan behaviors for partisan purposes are deeply ingrained. On the other hand, it is quite amazing to see the two parties work together like they just did, and that may portend more of the same to come.

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Quashing the Extremists

The bipartisan agreement between President Biden and House Speaker Kevin McCarthy passed 314-117, with 149 Republicans and 165 Democrats voting for it. In other words, 73% of the House members who voted, voted to pass this highly consequential bill.

The representatives who voted against it represent the far-left and far-right members whose views lie outside the body's mainstream. While certain Republicans said McCarthy would be removed from his speaker seat if this bill passes, no House Member has yet made that motion.

I think that's because they know the motion would fail, and they do not want their weakness to be further exposed. On the far-right, the Squad and like-minded Democrats are also grumbling, but no one there is initiating vindictive responses either.

I do not know if the House will revert to form now that this bill has passed, but a new possibility exists.

McCarthy is extremely pleased with himself and the high praise he is now receiving from both sides of the aisle. His seat seems secure. The 73% bipartisan majority seems to have stumbled onto the fact that they can act without concern for the extremists. That opens the possibility that the rational so far left that joe Manchin is House Democrats and Republicans might work more openly together to govern, instead of the one acting loudly apart to grandstand.

As I said, I don't know if the House will revert to form. They have been grandstanding against each other for a very long time and those partisan behaviors for partisan purposes are deeply ingrained. On the other hand, it is quite amazing to see the two parties work together like they just did, and that may portend more of the same to come.
It's not really quashing them it's more like many moderates are tired of the far left bs.....because the left have gone so far left that even joe Manchin is looking like a Republican.
The one thing I agree with is the balanced budget something the Democrats have not done in years....for them it's been spend spend spend....and they now will hire more irs agents to take even more taxes from us.....if you think the millionaires and billionaires are going to pay their taxes your smoking something good.

Reactions: muttly

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Quashing the Extremists

McCarthy is extremely pleased with himself and the high praise he is now receiving from both sides of the aisle. His seat seems secure. The 73% bipartisan majority seems to have stumbled onto the fact that they can act without concern for the extremists. That opens the possibility that the rational House Democrats and Republicans might work more openly together to govern, instead of acting loudly apart to grandstand.

Why is it you keep calling them the “far right”? Was it the “far right” that was responsible for this exploding debt (which will hit 50 trillion before we know it) or was it the so called moderates? It’s like calling a drug addict a moderate because they had one less toke on their crack pipe and the teetotalers the irresponsible folks.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It's not really quashing them it's more like many moderates are tired of the far left bs.....because the left have gone so far left that even joe Manchin is looking like a Republican.
The one thing I agree with is the balanced budget something the Democrats have not done in years....for them it's been spend spend spend....and they now will hire more irs agents to take even more taxes from us.....if you think the millionaires and billionaires are going to pay their taxes your smoking something good.
If the Republicans were to put a tax on the 1 percent billionaires, the Dems wouldn’t go for it and Biden wouldn’t sign it, because those now “woke” corporations and “elitists”support them overwhelmingly.

Reactions: danthewolf00

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
If the Republicans were to put a tax on the 1 percent billionaires, the Dems wouldn’t go for it and Biden wouldn’t sign it, because those now “woke” corporations and “elitists”support them overwhelmingly.
They also pay for a army of cpa and lawyers to reduce the amount that they pay which is why we know the government(irs) is going to target the middle class and lower.....

Reactions: muttly

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Why is it you keep calling them the “far right”?
I call them far right for the same reason most people do. That is where they fit on the commonly used spectrum that classifies political ideologies and positions along a continuum of left to right.

Per ChatGPT, "The far right represents the most extreme end of the right-wing spectrum. Far-right ideologies tend to embrace nationalist, authoritarian, and often exclusionary or ethnocentric principles. They may advocate for a strong central government, strict immigration controls, preservation of traditional values, and national identity. Far-right movements may promote nationalist or supremacist ideologies, rejecting multiculturalism and emphasizing cultural or racial purity. They may also prioritize law and order, strong military defenses, and traditional social hierarchies."

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I call them far right for the same reason most people do. That is where they fit on the commonly used spectrum that classifies political ideologies and positions along a continuum of left to right.

Per ChatGPT, "The far right represents the most extreme end of the right-wing spectrum. Far-right ideologies tend to embrace nationalist, authoritarian, and often exclusionary or ethnocentric principles. They may advocate for a strong central government, strict immigration controls, preservation of traditional values, and national identity. Far-right movements may promote nationalist or supremacist ideologies, rejecting multiculturalism and emphasizing cultural or racial purity. They may also prioritize law and order, strong military defenses, and traditional social hierarchies."
Or short version it is common sense with a bit of foolishness thrown in.

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
If they come in the correct legal way then yes welcome them in.....but if you cross over our border illegally you get nothing.....no birth certificate for your child either.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Maybe this ChatGPT that some rely on for their information isn’t the most healthiest thing, imo.