Death by DeSantis

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Just because this "group" has some slip-and-fall lawyers who are filing a nuisance suit against DeSantis doesn't mean they'll get special treatment in front of all the others in line to get u-visas. First of all, they're criminals who came into this country illegally; they may not have legal standing. Secondly, this silly lawsuit against DeSantis will fail. Lastly, everybody knows the US government doesn't expedite anything in record time. BTW, notice that the media has already forgotten about them.
One thing to remember, as soon as they surrender to a border patrol agent and claim asylum, they become legal, they do not become illegal until they dont show up for their hearing, which most do not, but as of right now, they are not illegal.

With that being said, should that law be changed? Absolutely, they are using a loophole to enter the country, most have no desire to follow the procedure to claim asylum and gain a path to citizenship.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
More nonsense...
The whole thing about wanting to let criminals loose is partially true, they have to prioritize who they keep locked up, if you have to let some of the people with lower crimes go so you can keep the dangerous criminals locked up, thats what needs to be done.

Nobody wants to pay more taxes to build more prisons but at some point we will have to.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
More nonsense...
Unfortunately, it's not nonsense and there's no factual argument that supports such a claim. One has to look no further than Democrat mismanagement in cities like LA, NYC, Philly, Chicago and Seattle just to name a few. Their liberal mayors and prosecutors have ruined these places with their cashless bail policies which repeatedly release violent felons to terrorize the public. Combine this with an antagonistic relationship with their law enforcement agencies and the results are all over the news every day. Rampant crime in nearly every major metro area in the country - all run by Democrats.

• Haha
Reactions: RLENT

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Unfortunately, it's not nonsense and there's no factual argument that supports such a claim. One has to look no further than Democrat mismanagement in cities like LA, NYC, Philly, Chicago and Seattle just to name a few. Their liberal mayors and prosecutors have ruined these places with their cashless bail policies which repeatedly release violent felons to terrorize the public. Combine this with an antagonistic relationship with their law enforcement agencies and the results are all over the news every day. Rampant crime in nearly every major metro area in the country - all run by Democrats.
Even more nonsense....

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Even more nonsense....
Your head is stuck in the sand.....you know crime is bad but you refuse to believe your Democrat leadership would do something this bad.....but believe Republicans would.....yet crime is not as bad in Republican run states I wonder why.

• Haha

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
This is trolling, not even a feeble attempt to contribute to the discussion.
Well, when the opinions being expressed are so far out there, sometimes there are just no words. I try to debate conservatives and its always the same response, that I am wrong, even when we are both expressing our opinions.

Reactions: RLENT and Ragman

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Well, when the opinions being expressed are so far out there, sometimes there are just no words. I try to debate conservatives and its always the same response, that I am wrong, even when we are both expressing our opinions.
Your post just made my case. You expressed your thought/opinion and supported it with reasoning. Go back and read my post #808; the point was made and examples provided that can be easily verified, so it's not a "far out" statement. OTOH, the "even more nonsense" response offered nothing to support why it was considered nonsense. That was trolling pure and simple.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Your post just made my case. You expressed your thought/opinion and supported it with reasoning. Go back and read my post #808; the point was made and examples provided that can be easily verified, so it's not a "far out" statement. OTOH, the "even more nonsense" response offered nothing to support why it was considered nonsense. That was trolling pure and simple.
Take out the words "democratic mismanagement" and everything else you said is true, but the blame rests on the people who break the law, stop trying to blame it on the democrats.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Take out the words "democratic mismanagement" and everything else you said is true, but the blame rests on the people who break the law, stop trying to blame it on the democrats.
The Democrats' soft-on-crime policies are well documented. Criminals do what they do, but they should be prosecuted and incarcerated for their crimes; this isn't happening in big cities like NYC, Philly, and others. The statistics speak for themselves and the examples are too numerous to list in this forum. However, there's a reason these crimes are up 41% this year in NYC subways, and the blame falls on the mayor, the police chief, and the DA (all Democrats) who won't put criminals in jail and keep them there.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

When I got this flyer in the mail the other day I was fuming, nothing but made up garbage. He cant try to convince people about the good things he does, always making up lies to make himself look better.

Oh well, at least we will only have to deal with him for a year or so, when he starts running for president, he will not be around here to screw things up.

• Haha
Reactions: danthewolf00