C19 Topics

muttly

Veteran Expediter
I just heard on the radio, Dr. Marty Makary was saying they should be focusing more on prevention through therapeutics, not just one hammer like a vaccine.

The jist: Dem leadership isn’t following the science and utilizing everything. Also they dropped the ball by not having enough monoclonals currently available. In other words, there is a shortage and Dems failed to plan for it.

Reactions: danthewolf00

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I dont know about everyone else, but where I am here in south Florida, covid has exploded, Broward county is at 172 per 100k and Miami-Dade county is at 275 per 100k. Several people I know tested positive but thankfully they are not showing major symptoms. The hospitals are still in good shape but in a week or 2 that might change. Im glad I got my booster shot 2 weeks ago.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Well, after taking the Moderna shot plus TWO boosters, my wife just tested positive for Covid omicron. She thought it was a head cold with slight cough, had been using masks and doing the whole Fauci routine. So much for Biden's "pandemic of the unvaccinated".

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Well, after taking the Moderna shot plus TWO boosters, my wife just tested positive for Covid omicron. She thought it was a head cold with slight cough, had been using masks and doing the whole Fauci routine. So much for Biden's "pandemic of the unvaccinated".
I look at the vaccine as working to keep most from getting seriously ill or dying, nothing more. And it’s only good for awhile before the efficacy wanes, hence the need for booster(s). It doesn’t prevent someone from getting infected or spreading it. My sister and sister in-law and their husbands got the virus. Both couples contracted it from their vaccinated sons. One couple was already vaccinated.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
It's like the flu vaccinations. Even if the dominant strain of flu virus ends up being a different strain than the vaccine is designed for, the vaccine will still mitigate the severity of the strain you catch.

Most vaccines are like that. If you get the shingles vaccination, you can still get shingles, only not nearly as severe as someone who is unvaccinated.

If you had the chicken pox as a kid, you're immune to chicken pox. But if you hang around some kids with chicken pox, you'll then test positive for chicken pox. If you have any symptoms at all they'll be mild, but you officially have a case of chicken pox now. Most of the Omicron positives are just like that, positive but with mild symptoms.

On New Year's Eve I started getting sick. Blowing my nose and coughing up thick yellow sputum (a thoroughly disgusting word if there ever was one) and I was sure I had covid. Went and got tested. Nope, just a cold. Officially, bronchitis and a head cold. Nothing to see here, go away kid, you bother me.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Does anyone gargle with a diluted solution of povidone iodine and water? I heard a Dr. on the radio mention it as helpful to ward off the virus.

• Haha
Reactions: RLENT

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter