The Trump Card...

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It's the sad pathetic domestic terrorist losers like blm and antifa that attacked cops in new York city, Portland, Seattle, Minneapolis those cops defended people from the thugs that you claim are peaceful protesters.....I want the name of the cop that shot a unarmed woman while she climbed through a window.....oh wait shes a Republican.......and not a Democrat.
Lt. Michael Byrd finally came forward in a carefully orchestrated interview on NBC with Lester Holt. I know this story has faded considering the Covid resurgence and the Afghanistan disaster, but it just seems wrong to let the cold-blooded murder of an unarmed protester be forgotten without the identity of Ashli Babbitt's killer being publicized since the media have given it relatively little attention. This incompetent, poorly trained Capitol Police officer should be sharing a cell with Derek Chauvin instead of walking free today.

Several legal commentators including the moderately liberal Jonathan Turley have said Byrd's admissions during his interview would likely be incriminating since he could produce no evidence that she posed a lethal threat or serious bodily harm to him or anyone else. Would pepper spray or rubber bullets been more appropriate?

Considering the circumstances of this incident, any number of violent rioters who attacked state and federal buildings in Portland and Seattle could have justifiably been shot by police who defended these buildings. One can't help but wonder how authorities and the media would have reacted if Babbitt had been black and Byrd was white.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
So the officer's identity is finally revealed not by the DOJ or multiple news operations but by one network on Lester Holt's program over 8 months later.
Pathetic...

• Haha
Reactions: RLENT

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
That works both ways, of course.

But calling out the Left on hypocrisy is one of the weakest arguments you can make to the Left, because they don't care. "The ends justify the means" is something they wholeheartedly believe. It doesn't matter what it is, hypocrisy, lying, cheating, whatever, if it gets them what they want then it's a good tactic and they're fine with it.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
This is from Turley's article.
20210905_232612.png
The officer didn't fully see her hands,( didn't give himself time to find out)didn't know what was in her backpack,( but assumed a bomb instead of water and power bars)and didn't know what her intentions were. And yet took a lethal action that over 300 officers that day didn't do.

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
And it only took 8 months to go public where that cop in Columbus, ohio was made public in under 24 hours and he only killed a knife welding black teen.

• Haha

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Rlent you prove my point.....Democrats said nothing absolutely nothing for 8 months but that white cop had lebron James on him.....you think it's funny but that's very sad when justice is called for in the shooting of a unarmed woman.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Rlent you prove my point.....Democrats said nothing absolutely nothing for 8 months but that white cop had lebron James on him.....you think it's funny but that's very sad when justice is called for in the shooting of a unarmed woman.
You just have to cut your losses with some. They don't care. And they're political cowards.

Reactions: danthewolf00

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Speaking of Lebron James, the so-called "king" tweeted a picture of white cop that was involved in a justifiable shooting of a black girl who was about to stab another black girl. The caption was "You're Next" with an hourglass emoji and "#Accountability". His doxxing tweet was eventually deleted, but not until after it had over 39,000 likes. Imagine what would happen to Tom Brady if he did the same thing to Lt. Michael Byrd.

Note: this article was written on Aug 23d, before the Byrd interview brought out more facts about the Babbitt killing.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Speaking of Lebron James, the so-called "king" tweeted a picture of white cop that was involved in a justifiable shooting of a black girl who was about to stab another black girl. The caption was "You're Next" with an hourglass emoji and "#Accountability". His doxxing tweet was eventually deleted, but not until after it had over 39,000 likes. Imagine what would happen to Tom Brady if he did the same thing to Lt. Michael Byrd.

Note: this article was written on Aug 23d, before the Byrd interview brought out more facts about the Babbitt killing.
There is this angle but also equally the political component. Normally a black or white unarmed women getting shot crawling through a glass barrier would spark public outrage. But this woman was a Trump supporter draped in a Trump flag so there is great animosity about her from the Left: " play stupid games, win stupid prizes". Doesn't matter that she is a woman and that she was unarmed. Also, if this were a black Trump supporter. It still wouldn't raise the needle of outrage about an unjustified killing. This is mostly about politics in a town that dislikes Trump immensely. Not a chance a Trump hating DOJ would attempt to prosecute an officer for obviously using unnecessary deadly force. They will rationalize the absurd out of hatred for Trump and his supporters.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Rlent you prove my point.....

Nope.

Democrats said nothing absolutely nothing for 8 months but that white cop had lebron James on him.....you think it's funny but that's very sad when justice is called for in the shooting of a unarmed woman.

In this particular matter, you literally have no idea what I think is funny.

It was a good shoot.

It's tragic that she made an utterly stupid decision that cost her her life though.

But that's on her.

Reactions: Ragman

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
No it was not a good shoot......she should never ever been shot.
I could see it if she had a weapon or was attacking the officer but all she was doing was climbing through a window.
Now tell me why those punks in Portland at that federal courthouse were not shot for breaking a window and going in side and setting the building on fire while employees were trapped inside......oh that Democrat double standard.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
No it was not a good shoot......

Yup, it was.

And found to be so by multiple, duly-constituted, lawful authorities.

she should never ever been shot.

She should have never been participating in an attempted insurrection with a violent mob.

Jus' saying' ...

I could see it if she had a weapon or was attacking the officer but all she was doing was climbing through a window.

You spelled "She was actively participating in a riot and attempted overthrow of the legitimate government" incorrectly.

:tearsofjoy:

muttly

Veteran Expediter
No it was not a good shoot......she should never ever been shot.
Now tell me why those punks in Portland at that federal courthouse were not shot for breaking a window and going in side and setting the building on fire while employees were trapped inside......oh that Democrat double standard.
Apparently those that believe the officer's (who shot Babbitt and had previously left his service gun in the toilet) actions were a " good shoot" would also approve of him doing the same in a situation like the one in the picture. Look how the BLM protesters are pushing the metal fence on the officers potentially doing great bodily harm and also some of them are wearing those scary backpacks. Yet no reports of officers using deadly force in this situation, as with hundreds of other riots and protests. It's called restraint of deadly force and that is what they are trained to do when handling unruly protesters.
But some will stupidly defend the absurd actions of officer Byrd.
20210909_221000.png20210909_220757.png

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Well it's also the Democrat double standard......8 months......8 months to come out and say this officer shot the woman.....but that Columbus, Ohio cop was named within 24 hours.....that's the hypocrisy of the Democrats.
And then there is dimwit joe Biden who said he would not raise taxes.....or force the vaccines onto people.....guess what hes doing both.

• Haha

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Well it's also the Democrat double standard......8 months......8 months to come out and say this officer shot the woman.....but that Columbus, Ohio cop was named within 24 hours.....that's the hypocrisy of the Democrats.
It's even worse than that. THEY have never publicly identified Bryd as the shooter. Bryd identified himself as the shooter on NBC "news". Still no official public statement using his name.

muttly

Veteran Expediter