The Trump Card...

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Yeah ... I’m guessing the accident leaving him paralyzed probably altered his intended career path.
There are exceptions. Like overcoming a tragedy. The article conveniently didn't mention the injury though. Just a bunch of never Trumper resistance types writing giddy tweets about how his recommended candidate didn't win. We got Dtrumpt now.
He looks like he will be good Trump ally however. Identifies as a constitutional conservative.
That and his dealing with his life changing event probably played a large role in him winning and appealed to Republican voters. It was not about voters dissing Trump.
But thanks for playing.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
There are exceptions. Like overcoming a tragedy. The article conveniently didn't mention the injury though.

Well, sometimes ya gotta dig a little further ... like actually clicking through the included links ... and not just swim around like a guppy, waiting for everything to be spoon fed to ya ...

Just a bunch of never Trumper resistance types writing giddy tweets about how his recommended candidate didn't win. We got Dtrumpt now.

For the moment anyways ...

Speaking of those Never Trumpers ... RVAT:

... as opposed to the batcrap crazy loons and the “But Muh Freedummies !” from Q-Town and Huber-ville:

He looks like he will be good Trump ally however. Identifies as a constitutional conservative.

Assuming he (and Cheeto) win in the general ... of course, if he’s in the Minority in the House, his worth as an ally may be of little practical value ...

But thanks for playing.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
That's not really conversing. All you're doing is responding to posters instead of posts, and regurgitating someone else's nutjob opinion from other sites. When you quote something like Bill Kristol, it's not thought provoking or conversation promoting, it's just noise intended to troll.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
That's not really conversing. All you're doing is responding to posters instead of posts, and regurgitating someone else's nutjob opinion from other sites. When you quote something like Bill Kristol, it's not thought provoking or conversation promoting, it's just noise intended to troll.

It was commentary ... on the beating of a dead horse that is apparently still living in someone’s head.

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
It was commentary ... on the beating of a dead horse that is apparently still living in someone’s head.
No, it's not commentary. Even if it was, it does nothing to further the conversation. "Yawn" as a response is explicitly designed to dismiss who it's responding to, and to shut them down in the conversation.

As for the beating of a dead horse, don't think for a second that you can read minds, because you can't. Just because the MSM thinks they can read Trump's mind doesn't mean you can read anyone's mind.

What was the purpose of posting a Tweet from Bill Kristol, other than as a troll, just to get a rise out of somebody? It doesn't add to the conversation. It's just one opinion of an anti-Trumper who is famous for being an anti-Trumper. It's not like we don't know or can't find Kristol's opinions on our own.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
commentary noun ...

3 b - : an expression of opinion

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Seriously? Good grief.

Yawn ...
verb
to open the mouth somewhat involuntarily with a prolonged, deep inhalation and sighing or heavy exhalation, as from drowsiness or boredom
not an explanatory treatise
not a conversational promotion

muttly

Veteran Expediter
On this issue ?

No, not at all.

By the way, I take it your commentary was a sincere expression of your opinion ... and not simply “a troll” ...

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums
Nah, I just make observations.
Hey, have you been following what Bolton has been saying about Trump in his new book? On one occasion he was in a meeting with Trump and other military advisors. The plans were to bomb Iran. It was in retaliation because they shot down one of our drones. They were all set to bomb them, but Trump made the decision not to do so according to Bolton. Bolton was incredulous about that.
But hey, some people think Trump is the problem.

Last edited:

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Oh ... Cheeto most definitely is THE PROBLEM.

However that does not preclude Bolton being a problem in his own right ... and in more ways than one.

Say ... did you catch the tidbit about Carly F announcing that she was going to be voting for Biden ?

Sure surprised the heck out of me ...

It almost seems like this anti-Trump deal could be about to gain legs and become a big thing.

I’m wondering if it was his failure to competently respond to the pandemic ... or the resultant cratering of the economy ?

Maybe a combo of the two ?

Or something else ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Ragman

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Oh ... Cheeto most definitely is THE PROBLEM.

However that does not preclude Bolton being a problem in his own right ... and in more ways than one.

Say ... did you catch the tidbit about Carly F announcing that she was going to be voting for Biden ?

Sure surprised the heck out of me ...

It almost seems like this anti-Trump deal could be about to gain legs and become a big thing.

I’m wondering if it was his failure to competently respond to the pandemic ... or the resultant cratering of the economy ?

Maybe a combo of the two ?

Or something else ?
I'm surprised that it was a surprise to you.

Regarding responding to the Pandemic and the economy taking a hit. Lets go over this a bit.
You would admit yes that the economy, before the Pandemic arrived was doing gang busters correct? You'd also agree that Trump listened to his health advisors that due to the virus, the economy would basically have to shutdown in many sectors? Trump shut down travel from China in late January when most of his advisors were against that. He was also criticized by many Dems as taking unnecessary steps and accusing him of being a racist. But he did it anyway. His top health advisors Dr.Birx and Dr. Fauci both downplayed the virus due China's deception into late February.
China sat on evidence of person to person transmission in mid December and the truth didn't come out about that for over a month later. All the while China clamped down on travel from Wuhan to other parts of China, but allowed infected people from there to travel to the U.S and Europe. But they get very little condemnation from Dems, because Dtrumpt is their bogeyman, not China. Very telling. Playing politics. Nothing is said by them of their own party's role with some of these Governors and their idiotic policy of puting elderly covid patients back in the nursing homes with healthy elderly people causing them to get sick.
My opinion off the economy right now is that although some segments of it are hurting, there is an influx of a huge amount of money due to the stimulus bills which included checks and a generous extension of unemployment money. $600 a week that is currently disincentivizing people from going back to work. Consumers have a lot of equity in hand due to the economy doing great for 3 years before the Pandemic hit and were able to save as well as the recent influx of money from the government. I see it everyday at my work for the last 3 months: people buying stuff like it's Christmas time. Triple the amount as normal.

Reactions: Turtle

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The Lincoln Project is not a credible source for anything other than as a place to satiate a certain confirmation bias.
The report comes from the New York Times, who used unnamed sources with information that nobody else in the room knew about. That alone should tell you that it is almost certainly fake news. That the Lincoln Project has something to say about it is less than meaningless.

But let's say Russia did pay the Taliban to attack and kill Americans. So what? Do you think the Taliban is self-funded? Do you think this is the first time in the history of history that an adversary has given money or arms to another to be used against a mutual adversary? Do you think this is the first time Russia has given money or arms to be used specifically against the United States? I'm shocked, shocked, I tell you, that Russia would do this.

Reactions: muttly