Is your carrier doing anything for YOU due to the virus?

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Even JB Hunt is giving thier guys bonuses. Seems more common among top tier carriers.
The bonuses I have been getting aren't just given to me. I have to ask and in some cases do a little negotiating. The money is there, in the load, if it wasn't I would not be getting anything extra. When asking for and receiving a bonus, it helps my bargaining position to be the only van available.;) I once got into a brief debate about asking for extra money from one of your former countryperson. He claimed if you run for a contracted rate, that's the rate you get paid. No negotiating. I countered with "everything is negotiable." After all, this is a business.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
My carrier sent me a letter to present to law enforcement and other authoritarian types: Verification of Essential Critical Infrastructure Worker/Essential Business & Activity Status.

How cool is that! All this time I thought I was just some insignificant, schmuck van driver.

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
My insurance company is sending me a rebate for reduced risk due to the lower traffic in virus times. Supposed to be 20 to 25% of my yearly premium. This is my personal vehicle insurance company though, not my carrier insurance company. I was kind of surprised to see it. Insurance companies are not known for being human but there are 4 or 5 so far here in Canada who are doing something like this.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
My insurance company is sending me a rebate for reduced risk due to the lower traffic in virus times. Supposed to be 20 to 25% of my yearly premium. This is my personal vehicle insurance company though, not my carrier insurance company. I was kind of surprised to see it. Insurance companies are not known for being human but there are 4 or 5 so far here in Canada who are doing something like this.

I got the same thing in a email. Don't know if that's the reason or not for blowing up my phone the last few days. Normally, when they call they want to sell me some life insurance :rolleyes:

Reactions: Moot and piper1

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Here is a copy and paste of the email I got from Geico on what they are doing"

COVID-19: Announcing The GEICO Giveback credit for our policyholders​
Dear Raymond,​
As part of GEICO's ongoing efforts to assist customers during this unprecedented time, we are announcing The GEICO Giveback which provides a 15 percent credit to all auto and motorcycle customers as policies come up for renewal, between April 8, 2020 and October 7, 2020. This credit will also apply to any new policies purchased during this period as part of our commitment to protecting the wellbeing of our customers.​
Current customers can expect to see the credit when they renew. Customers do not need to take any action to receive this credit.
The credits are expected to average $150 per auto policy and $30 per motorcycle policy. With roughly 18 million auto policies and 1 million motorcycle policies in force, we are proudly providing a total benefit of approximately $2.5 billion to our customers.​
Last month, we announced that we're pausing cancellations of coverage due to non-payment or policy expiration through April 30, 2020 or later as directed by your state. Beyond that, we are committed to offering maximum flexibility to policyholders who need special payment options. And to ensure you continue to receive the 24/7 service you've come to expect, we've also transitioned nearly all of our associates to work from home.​
Thank you for being part of the GEICO family. We value you and your business, and want to continue providing excellent support. We will continue to keep you updated.​
Sincerely,​
Todd Combs, President and CEO​

Reactions: piper1

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
As part of ongoing efforts to assist customers and the general public my home owners and auto (car) not van company, cable company, wireless carrier, National Ad Council, expedite carrier, HOA, grocery store, billboards, MLB, BBB, Lions Club, etc. instruct me to wash my hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water every 20 minutes. Maybe that's wash my hands with soap and water for 20 minutes every 20 seconds. In these uncertain times warnings tend to confuse me. I've yet to receive a reminder to wipe after taking a dump. Um, maybe that's what all the hand washing warning is about.
mask 456 50 pix.jpg

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Somebody, in Connecticut I think it was, tested wastewater (sewage) and found WAY more coronavirus than they expected, based on the number of known infections. They concluded that there are many, many more people infected than have been diagnosed. It also shows that people poop a really lot of coronavirus.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Somebody, in Connecticut I think it was, tested wastewater (sewage) and found WAY more coronavirus than they expected, based on the number of known infections. They concluded that there are many, many more people infected than have been diagnosed. It also shows that people poop a really lot of coronavirus.

Interesting related case...A person was admitted to the hospital with symptoms but kept testing negative, until someone thought to test the stool. Which tested positive. I hate posting with out a reference, but it was from a reliable source. And this report backs up that its happening.

"The researchers found that 53.4% of patients had SARS-CoV-2 RNA in their stool and 23% of patients tested positive in their stool despite testing negative for the virus in respiratory samples".

Last edited:

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
Can confirm on the $1k from the big blue star if you are diagnosed with the ‘Rona.

Can also state that every load delivered (was all of April, now until 5/22) pays each BCO and agent each $50.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Landstar has also agreed to give the agent who offers a load and the truck that delivers the load a $50 bonus. This started the first of April and has been extended into May. The $50 on each load adds up and it has been a nice bonus. We are thankful that we have a huge variety of freight to choose from and have stayed busy enough through all of this to put off going home.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Panther is offering drivers a $25 reimbursement on the purchase of PPE. I bought a pack of masks, two bottles of hand sanitizer and a small jug of bleach. The only requirement was to e-mail a copy of the receipt. I had to send in two receipts because there was a limit on the hand sanitizer of one per customer.

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Any $1 per mile Sprinter Type Vehicle carriers out there, please post. My Friend/landlord wants to take my Sprinter out on the road, he is door dashing now but pay isn't consistent.