Democratic Presidential Nominee: Who you got?

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Come one, come all. Make your prediction now in this thread. Who do you think will be the nominee? Feel free to post a reason why. If you have a prediction of the vice president candidate on the ticket, please go ahead and list that person as well.
I'll throw my 2 cents in with my prediction. It is not based on expertise in any way about politics. It is just based on what I have noticed so far with limited amount information. It's mostly based on a hunch.
My prediction is Bloomberg. The reason: A weak field with the two previous frontrunners faultering: Biden and Warren. The other candidates won't get enough support from the party power brokers. That includes Mayor Pete, Bernie, and Klobachur.
I think Bloomberg will win the nomination because he can throw a billion dollars
at advertising and other resources, which I think is very important. My synical view is that you can get people to vote for you if you spend enough money to do it. People respond to money. Look how "hawkish"John Bolton turned coat on Trump in a New York minute when offered enough money to write a tell-all book, thus siding with the Dems that hate him so much. I think Bloomberg will pick a politician like Michigan Governor Gretchen Witmer or former Florida Govenor candidate Andrew Gilliam. Former Governor Patrick is also a possibility as VP. The latter two would help with garnering support with black voters. Klobachur is the other possibility.(Female and Midwest state that Trump has a possibility of carrying.) But to name one, I'll go with Witmer. Governor of a swing state and younger female with appeal to balance the ticket with the rich, stone face, older dude.

Reactions: davekc and Turtle

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Man, oh man!
It really doesn't matter who the Dems nominate. None are any good as a national candidate.

We're screwed for another 4 years.
:pokepoke:
Seemingly doomed. Or is that Doooomberg? Hehe.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
As far as Whitmer...... Couldn't happen to a better state.
The sooner shes gone, the better.

Reactions: ntimevan

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I don't think there will be an outright winner after the primaries. The media wants Buttigieg, but look at the list of countries with a gay head of state (not unsurprisingly at all, there's a Wikipedia page for that). No one takes those countries seriously. Lots and lots of countries where Pete won't even be allowed entry. Then again, a lot of people will vote for him as a way to try and convince themselves and others that, "Hey! I'm not homophobic!." Kinda like how but people voted to Obama, for similar reasons.

But Pete won't get the black vote. Neither will Bernie. Bloomberg was already on thin ice with blacks, and now that this latest audio on him has come out, not a chance. You can stick a fork in both Liz and Joe. Amy Klobuchar could back into it, mainly because she doesn't (yet) have any obvious fatal flaw that people can get their look hooks into.

But I predict a brokered convention, where all bets are off. Hillary is just salivating over that prospect. At a brokered convention, you could also see names pop up like Adam Schiff, and wouldn't that be fun.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I don't think there will be an outright winner after the primaries. The media wants Buttigieg, but look at the list of countries with a gay head of state (not unsurprisingly at all, there's a Wikipedia page for that). No one takes those countries seriously. Lots and lots of countries where Pete won't even be allowed entry. Then again, a lot of people will vote for him as a way to try and convince themselves and others that, "Hey! I'm not homophobic!." Kinda like how but people voted to Obama, for similar reasons.

But Pete won't get the black vote. Neither will Bernie. Bloomberg was already on thin ice with blacks, and now that this latest audio on him has come out, not a chance. You can stick a fork in both Liz and Joe. Amy Klobuchar could back into it, mainly because she doesn't (yet) have any obvious fatal flaw that people can get their look hooks into.

But I predict a brokered convention, where all bets are off. Hillary is just salivating over that prospect. At a brokered convention, you could also see names pop up like Adam Schiff, and wouldn't that be fun.
I said it then, I'll say it again. Hillary was a majorley (is that a word) flawed candidate. The mainstream, evertday joe Democrat didn't like her. That is how Obama got nominated.

From the outside looking in, the Dems are in a world of hurt.

Reactions: skyraider

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Just out of curiosity to see were Pete stands on the issues I went to his website, and you have to enter your zip code and email address before it will even let you to the site. not cool.

Myself I like Andrew Yang, he lays everything out on his website so you know where he stands on the issues. The freedom dividend is one thing I dont think we are ready for yet, but at some point its going to have to happen as automation takes away jobs. But as much as I hate to say it, he has about a good of a chance of winning as I do getting back into expediting....

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
No comment..........:wideyed:

I like the aide there at the end when he realized people were getting it on video. "No, no, no. We can't have you shooting cream from belt buckle level into the open mouths of young white men on their knees eagerly awaiting their turn."
:JC-hysterical:

• Haha
Reactions: muttly and Ragman

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
What does it really matter? We're doomed if any of them are elected. Nobody with any sense or intelligence will vote for any of them though.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Speaking of Bloomberg. I still think he's the nominee. Even with his latest political dustup. Dems will coalesce around the most electable candidate. And with Bloomberg's money he can buy his nomination. A good percentage of black voters have already left Biden for Bloomberg. A little bit of justice that this is happening(maybe some karma too) after what " put you all back in chains" Joe said about Romney back in 2012. Bloomberg's comments won't stick or hurt him much, imo.
Just look at the Governor of Virginia who is still in his Gov' s mansion and who still has Dems support even after saying he can't remember if he was the guy with the painted face or the one with the stupid white outfit on in the school picture.
Again, whatever fallout Bloomberg will have, he can just sit back in his easy chair and run another $300,000. dollars worth of ads about Obama talking about what a great guy he is. Bloomberg probably won't even hold any rallies( would you go to see him speak anyway? )or participate in many debates. Just keep running those ads from his lazy boy and watch his poll numbers move.

Reactions: Moot and Turtle

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
This is Biden's third or fourth run at the Presidency and did I hear this right? He has never won a delegate. Yikes

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I was a little surprised that Yang dropped out last night, but I understand, in his email he didnt want his supporters to donate to a failing campaign. One of the lines in his email really struck me as true:

Donald Trump is not the cause of all of our problems. He is a symptom. We must cure the disease that got him elected, and in order to do that we must address the real problems that affect our people and offer solutions to actually solve them.

My opinion is that the disease we are seeing in our country is that "the law does not apply to me" and that people like that elected Trump because they thought that he was able to get away with anything he wants just like they do.

After thinking about it, Trump might be the lesser of 2 evils again, I like Bernie but I just dont think he has what it takes to win. Definite no to Biden and nobody else really stands out to me.

Reactions: billg27

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
My opinion is that the disease we are seeing in our country is that "the law does not apply to me" and that people like that elected Trump because they thought that he was able to get away with anything he wants just like they do.
It's Democrats who don't want to take responsibility for their actions and want to blame others for their deeds and misfortunes. They are the ones who think the law doesn't apply to them, and in many cases that turns out to be the case.

Republicans have a very simple philosophy: work hard, obey the Constitution and the laws of the land. Republicans believe in systems over goals. Meaning, if you have a system that is fair, the end result is fair, and they accept the results. Democrats believe in goals over systems, and will attempt to change the system and/or skirt the laws to get the desired results. For example, Democrats suddenly can't get the result they want out of the Electoral College, so they want to get rid of it, and get the result they want.

Trump isn't breaking laws and getting away with it. That's ridiculous. He isn't doing anything different than other presidents have done.

Last edited: