June "Bugs , Loads & Banter "

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thanks. Funny thing is, he got cranky cos I didn’t want to do a direct to College Station, TX. I had, an hour before, allowed him to bid an AR to CA run because there was about 9 hrs of time for both of us to sleep and still make the protect time. Oh well. Tonight’s objective, besides laundry, is to get some good sleep so we can hit it hard tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums
dispatcher will get over the hissy fit, when you accept the next load! They always do...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just figured out my week.

1168 loaded miles @ $1.51 average per mile US dollars.

I'd say that's my best per mile in awhile but I'd be lying. It's probably my best as a contracted driver ever.

What a difference a month makes...

Edit: shame I still can't pay the bills I already accumulated this year. I basked in it for a few minutes
thats a nice "loaded rate average" BUT whats the number that really counts?....the TOTAL or ALL mile average..?

Last edited:

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
...why use my shower and water and dirty my towels?..... ;)
0a0d06d295aa4b0b75373e0b303f0f0b.jpg

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You know, I'm knot sure? Knot to give OVM a heart attack, I didn't do it for the savings, it's actually less stress and I have found that it doesn't have much effect on ETA.

Sent from my moto z3 using EO Forums mobile app

Start doing runs at 45 mph avg instead of 50 or more ... and you'll hit a sweet spot. Expediting should be handled at a steady pace instead of folks running frantic at 70+ mph. Just my opinion ..
Glad your hitting your grove. Less stress is a good thing ...

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
so anyways I had to reinstall my Pilot App for my future adventures...why use my shower and water and dirty my towels?..... ;)

Ya might wanna compare fuel prices. Ever since The Oracle of Omaha bought in, prices haven't been close to what's available on the street. That little old sweet man, they always show eating ice cream, knows how to make a buck while sticking it to truckers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Treadmill

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Another downside to the Pilot app update. It doesn't show gas prices anymore, just diesel.

Actually it does show gas prices. Just grab and register an RV card. Then switch to RV to see gas prices, then back to Professional Driver to keep getting your shower credits and points. Takes about 10 seconds to switch back and forth.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Actually it does show gas prices. Just grab and register an RV card. Then switch to RV to see gas prices, then back to Professional Driver to keep getting your shower credits and points. Takes about 10 seconds to switch back and forth.

I think we've had this discussion. Points? I get NO points using my PD card because I use gas. I've asked and they say sorry, points are only for diesel.

Sent from my moto z3 using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: ntimevan