March 2019 .. Locations & More

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The older I get the more important strategically parking in front of a bathroom seems to be
06e22a234ba38dbfec8a30cda1c6367d.jpg

guido4475

Not a Member
The older I get the more important strategically parking in front of a bathroom seems to be

Me and my bowels completely agree. When I check into a campground, 3 requirements must be met:::: close to the shower house, shaded, and bathroom. The morning duck walk must be kept to a minimum, with minimal stops along the way to regroup.

There was a story about OVM and the consequences of eating Chef Dennis's chili....lol

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Me and my bowels completely agree. When I check into a campground, 3 requirements must be met:::: close to the shower house, shaded, and bathroom. The morning duck walk must be kept to a minimum, with minimal stops along the way to regroup.

There was a story about OVM and the consequences of eating Chef Dennis's chili....lol
I try to Plan ahead ...butt

...$$$$

guido4475

Not a Member
So much for being slow. First hazmat call...man carrier jumped all over that...

(I was happy with the 2 yesterday)

Do the hazmat loads pay more than standard loads, as they should, given the extra care and risk hauling that?? Back in the day, they used to pay pretty good. I was on a dedicated for Landstar from Ashland Chemical in Cleveland to South Carolina. Had to run those 200% legal, logging safety checks, and verified non speeding in between those logged safety checks.

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Canada - Canada but I Americanized it for you - approx 400 mile run paid me over $2 a mile. I'd be home in a couple hours after too.

Right now for my business, that's good, and worth the extra hassle of verifying a shipper. In the long run, I'll have to evaluate doubling my insurance and yearly safeties and such

Edit: I just upped to 3 million liability, but I believe US regs want 5 million. No idea if that applies to vans. Cargo and extra border crossing insurance covered by my carrier's policies

Is it worth $12,000 a year insurance for $2 a mile? Depends how many miles ;)

Last edited:

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Its a real pia finding under 10k documentation for Ontario. AFAIK im doing circle checks logs and scales, possibly for my own entertainment...

Edit: elogs not mandatory here yet...but when I cross the border with hazmat...???

Reactions: NorthernBill

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Prefillable circle check forms at pdffiller.com, nice. Always going to be me in my sprinter, so why not. Doubt I'll get away with prefilling the inspections :laughing:

Imagine that. Me, regulated. Stay away from Ontario for a few weeks people

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Canada - Canada but I Americanized it for you - approx 400 mile run paid me over $2 a mile. I'd be home in a couple hours after too.

Right now for my business, that's good, and worth the extra hassle of verifying a shipper. In the long run, I'll have to evaluate doubling my insurance and yearly safeties and such

Edit: I just upped to 3 million liability, but I believe US regs want 5 million. No idea if that applies to vans. Cargo and extra border crossing insurance covered by my carrier's policies

Is it worth $12,000 a year insurance for $2 a mile? Depends how many miles ;)
What class of hazmat are you hauling? I would be very careful what type of hazmat you are hauling.

Last edited: