The Trump Card...

dalscott

Expert Expediter
I believe people have selective memories.

The reason the Republicans got stomped out of Congress was because of that Starr crap.

But Democrats today believe, they did it to Clinton, so we can do it to Trump. Completely forgetting Trump supported Clinton during that era.

It’s hard to talk to Democrats about politics because of their simplified, sheeple attitudes. Oh, you’re a Republican, you’re our enemy. Oh, you’re a Democrat, you’re our friend. They don’t see Establishment. They don’t see small government vs big government. They don’t even mention war anymore since going all in on warmonger Obama.

It’s frustrating that we’re at a time when Americans are getting some of the lowers Unemployment rates in History, and that’s irrelevant to hand to mouth democrats, and that’s sad.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Too bad the wages aren’t keeping up with inflation. You must mean the slide in unemployment rates that started during the Obama administration. Republicans don’t give him any credit for that among other things.
By the way, I know Democrats who I don’t agree with and there are Republicans who I agree with. Unlike most right-wingers people in here, I do compliment the right when I think they do something right. I do agree with Trump about the trade policies. I’ve been saying match everyone’s tariffs and restrictions against our products for 35 years. Many Republicans who I know can make any crack about a Democratic that they want and if I start to respond “I don’t want to talk about it”. My dad was one of them. Many of the cracks righties make are below-the-belt and simply untrue.

dalscott

Expert Expediter
Too bad the wages aren’t keeping up with inflation. You must mean the slide in unemployment rates that started during the Obama administration. Republicans don’t give him any credit for that among other things.
By the way, I know Democrats who I don’t agree with and there are Republicans who I agree with. Unlike most right-wingers people in here, I do compliment the right when I think they do something right. I do agree with Trump about the trade policies. I’ve been saying match everyone’s tariffs and restrictions against our products for 35 years. Many Republicans who I know can make any crack about a Democratic that they want and if I start to respond they say “I don’t want to talk about it”. My dad was one of them. Many of the cracks righties make are below-the-belt and simply untrue.

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
By the way, I know Democrats who I don’t agree with and there are Republicans who I agree with. Unlike most right-wingers people in here, I do compliment the right when I think they do something right. I do agree with Trump about the trade policies. I’ve been saying match everyone’s tariffs and restrictions against our products for 35 years. Many Republicans who I know can make any crack about a Democratic that they want and if I start to respond “I don’t want to talk about it”. My dad was one of them. Many of the cracks righties make are below-the-belt and simply untrue.

It’s funny how you looked at that. I can’t understand why anyone would prefer a person be unemployed from a low wage job, so the national wage meter would go up. You literally prefer more unemployment for a higher wage average. I just have to accept that people have that opinion, no matter how I personally feel about it.

Of course national wage averages are going to go down when a increase in Introductory jobs happen. Still, I’d rather see a lower average and jobs than have poverty for the unemployed, while the ones with jobs get a higher % to talk about.

dalscott

Expert Expediter
It’s funny how you looked at that. I can’t understand why anyone would prefer a person be unemployed from a low wage job, so the national wage meter would go up. You literally prefer more unemployment for a higher wage average. I just have to accept that people have that opinion, no matter how I personally feel about it.

Of course national wage averages are going to go down when a increase in Introductory jobs happen. Still, I’d rather see a lower average and jobs than have poverty for the unemployed, while the ones with jobs get a higher % to talk about.

That’s all well and good as long as you aren’t the one busting your tail off for sub-living wages. I remember the day when the corporations paid more and got by with lower profits. That way more workers could afford to buy more products and feed profits ack to the corporations. That was much better for the economy than the so-called trickledown theory. The fact is if the little mad prospers, everyone does including the wealthy.

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Poverty and lower wage jobs will always be with us. What’s important is we created opportunities to succeed. I agree, a lot of businesses are paying poverty wages because they can get away with it.

It’s just important, imo, to create opportunities. My heart is warmed seeing “Help Wanted” signs often, all over the country, because it hasn’t always been like that.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
just a note----I went back to school in 1990 at age 44--Took an 18 month course in HVAC...was a humbling experience as most of the class were 1/2 my age. The course was basically low n high voltage circuit analysis, all kinds of control componets and freon chemistry , not easy plus gas furnance components analysis. IF I CAN do it anyone can. I should. have done this in 1970. It is a great skill that not many learn and much in demand. You can have your own business! You can get this training at technical schools in most states. You wont go hungry,lots of overtime if you want it. Yep I should have started way earlier. Yes I did go to college , but the technical school was more rewarding. Its a job skill few understand. Now days you must have a certificate to buy the large cylinders of freon as there many kinds of freon. Its a high tech job now. There are jobs for all , one must get trained.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
That is a good field to get into. Some younger people should look at that instead of amassing a ton of debt to go to a college.
It can be a huge waste of time and money in some instances.

dalscott

Expert Expediter
just a note----I went back to school in 1990 at age 44--Took an 18 month course in HVAC...was a humbling experience as most of the class were 1/2 my age. The course was basically low n high voltage circuit analysis, all kinds of control componets and freon chemistry , not easy plus gas furnance components analysis. IF I CAN do it anyone can. I should. have done this in 1970. It is a great skill that not many learn and much in demand. You can have your own business! You can get this training at technical schools in most states. You wont go hungry,lots of overtime if you want it. Yep I should have started way earlier. Yes I did go to college , but the technical school was more rewarding. Its a job skill few understand. Now days you must have a certificate to buy the large cylinders of freon as there many kinds of freon. Its a high tech job now. There are jobs for all , one must get trained.

Can’t argue with that. I complement you for making good decisions and am really glad that it worked out for you.
Unfortunately, not everyone is that capable. Many have learning disabilities, lousy memories etc. I am one of them. Barely made it through high school but worked all of my life. Never had a great paying job but enjoyed what I did (including expediting).
My point is that “I did it, so can everyone else” doesn’t work. I used to play piano. Can’t imagine what it’s like to not be able to.
Have a great day!

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
If you ever thought the media was credible, or even marginally believable, after reading this long-form piece you will never implicitly trust the media again.

Matt Taibbi

Last edited:

dalscott

Expert Expediter
No maybe in that. She was a lousy Presidential candidate. And Trump outworked her 10 fold. The loss is totally on her, not "the Russians".

You were there and saw everything firsthand? I wasn’t so I don’t know and am not pushing one way or the other. Like you, I will know when the facts are out. Not until then.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
You were there and saw everything firsthand? I wasn’t so I don’t know and am not pushing one way or the other. Like you, I will know when the facts are out. Not until then.

Regarding the two campaigns, no I wasn't physically there. Just observations before the ekection. Trump did a ton of interviews with various news outlets. Not so much for Hillary. Trump campaigned multiple stops per day sometimes. He held a rally in Michigan at midnight on election eve. Hillary rarely campaigned and had rallies. Especially in Michigan.