It’s Fibuary !!!

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Attack? Call it whatever you like ....
I call it pointing out the obvious ...
She forgot repairs & maintenance. She probably hasn't figured out that's a cost for every single mile driven.

Hope the truck last longer then the payments.
And of course, set some money aside for everyone's favorite Uncle :D

Uncle-Sam-wants-your-money.jpg

Reactions: Solar

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
My last load was 500lb and I got just over 20 mpg (not great with a 2.7) It happens during Toronto rush hour, and without fail, I get a call asking my eta lol

Floor it - drive thru Toronto on 401 - floor it

5 hours for 200 miles, google said my average speed was just over 40 mph...

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Diesel vans ...
Does anybody buy diesel at pilot/flying j anymore? In 2018 I can probably count on my fingers and toes how many times I purchased diesel there. The price difference at other stations is too great ...

Reactions: Solar

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Unfortunately that's what my fuel card is good for in USA. So yeah, I do :(

(Edit: yes I use gasbuddy + cash most often, but its January. No money)

Edit edit: ok I just realized its February

Last edited:

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Summer of 2019 the state of Michigan is replacing their current fleet of patrol cars with the Next Generation of Fuel Efficient vehicles. (See enclosed photo)
With this cost savings move the state of Michigan will repair 3 more pot holes along I-94 ..image_search_1549140472609.jpeg

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Diesel vans ...
Does anybody buy diesel at pilot/flying j anymore? In 2018 I can probably count on my fingers and toes how many times I purchased diesel there. The price difference at other stations is too great ...

I don't go out of my way to fuel there. But sometimes it's more practical when on a load to make a one stop pit stop for me, especially if the price is competitive or better with the discount and needing to pick up a easy shower credit.
Like after this last load in Houston, I was going to top off at the Kroger I was at until I saw the price was $2.99 I figured I could do better then that (especially in Texas) plus I needed a shower credit, so I proceeded to the J to fill up for $2.79.
Yeah, I passed up $2.54 along the way, but that "savings" of $3.75 that time would put me in the hole for the shower. So for the most part, I only fuel there on a case by case basis when it's to my benefit ;)

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Diesel vans ...

I know you’re specifically talking diesel, but on the gasser side, the price is competitive, you get 3 cents per gallon off, AND you get shower credits, so it’s a great place for gassers.

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Diesel vans ...

I know you’re specifically talking diesel, but on the gasser side, the price is competitive, you get 3 cents per gallon off, AND you get shower credits, so it’s a great place for gassers.
Probably my diesel advantage is imaginary, but I still have nightmares about my CNG van (basically a gasser with different fuel) walking to Murray's auto parts to get enough to start it in the shipper's parking lot

Course it was a dodge, that's part of the problem

Reactions: RoadTime

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Both Gassers and Geezers! I have started alternating fill ups. PFJ for shower credit and Top Tier for my engine. Clean Body, Clean Engine, Dirty Mind.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Both Gassers and Geezers! I have started alternating fill ups. PFJ for shower credit and Top Tier for my engine. Clean Body, Clean Engine, Dirty Mind.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app
It might be time to sniff some of those fumes to clear your head. Lol.

guido4475

Not a Member
Summer of 2019 the state of Michigan is replacing their current fleet of patrol cars with the Next Generation of Fuel Efficient vehicles. (See enclosed photo)
With this cost savings move the state of Michigan will repair 3 more pot holes along I-94 ..

That car cant look any more senseless than that bubble gum machine outdated Mayberry RFD style rooftop light that Michigan uses on their state patrol cars....lol..

Reactions: ntimevan

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
With this cost savings move the state of Michigan will repair 3 more pot holes along I-94 ..

That car cant look any more senseless than that bubble gum machine outdated Mayberry RFD style rooftop light that Michigan uses on their state patrol cars....lol..
Pure Michigan....