Locations & Banter , January 2019

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What I need to replace is the front transverse spring. Been procrastinating on that one a bit ...
Shouldn’t be too much of a problem. Requires a 2 man job. Got mine done in the 2012 about 2 1/2 yrs ago. A genrleman by the name of Wayne did mine. Nice guy that Wayne guy is.

The part is $285 through Europartssd ...
So far the best quote on the labor I got is $400, that's without the alignment .... it's gonna be $800 by the time it's all over.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Interesting. Turn the phone sideways, and I see you're all driving the latest 2008 technology... :D

All the Sprinters in the past 10 yrs have been based on the '07 platform. Few tweaks here and there but it's the same.
Last year my chariot went down & I had a commitment to honor. Brought mine to the shop & rented a new black 2017 for 3 days. It had about 3K mi on it. I picked it up on Fri morning, returned it on Mon morning with another 3K mi :D Walked away thinking mine drives better ...

Reactions: RoadTime

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yeah, I'm afraid of that too

Most say a transit drives like a car. I don't like cars

Why should you be afraid of that? ... you have an '05.
The 6 cylinder will most definitely drive better!
Don't know what you're missing ..... sign on the dotted line ...

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I do know what I'm missing. Payments. I'd have to treat this like a serious job instead of like a high school dropout....

(Meaning amount of work. I always deliver exceptional service)

I'll sleep on it. I'm first up just in time for the weekend :D

Last edited:
Reactions: guido4475

guido4475

Not a Member
I do know what I'm missing. Payments. I'd have to treat this like a serious job instead of like a high school dropout....

(Meaning amount of work. I always deliver exceptional service)

I'll sleep on it. I'm first up just in time for the weekend :D

I prefer to keep and maintain my freedom. And I love the simplicity and dependability of my older van. 3 breakdowns in 8 years isnt too bad.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I bought A the Andis brand "Master" model clippers. About 100 bucks. The same as the barbers use. I cut my hair every Friday. Save 15 bucks everytime. Do the math. Now, that's return on an investment. Being Italian, my hair grows fast. And I'm trying to keep up with Dollarsign...lol

I've been cutting my own hair for years, it's really not that difficult, and becomes easier with time. Have only had one real goof when using my electric trimmer with the wrong size attachment by mistake, resulting in a much shorter hair cut then I planned on :rolleyes:

But it was the middle of summer, so not a biggy ;)