January 2019 NewYear of the # 1

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Good Afternoon Load One live from Raising Caine's! After two load offers yesterday and nothing, dispatch called after lunch today with one picking up tomorrow morning and delivers Monday.

We had the load and I was really thinking about it, should I or not. Dang if I do, dang if I dont! Well I decided to go ahead and take it. I'll try like heck to get if off tomorrow if I can. See what happens!

Last edited:

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Here at the pickup and freight isn't here and wont be available till around noon. Dispatch is all over it and wanting for the call back!

Reactions: ntimevan

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Last edited:

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Half year service award notifications always seem to surprise me.
Time just keeps passing faster and faster.
7 1/2 years ago today I started with Load One.

Reflecting back, as a former short term job hopper, 7 1/2 years with one place pretty much blows my mind.
I think to myself, obviously, I like what I'm doing to have stayed at it this long. Also, very pleased to be associated with a stellar company like Load 1.

But in the same breath, each day that passes, my desire to do something different increases. Maybe I have some 7 year itch thing going on, IDK :rolleyes:

Only time will tell ;)

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
Half year service award notifications always seem to surprise me.
Time just keeps passing faster and faster.
7 1/2 years ago today I started with Load One.

Reflecting back, as a former short term job hopper, 7 1/2 years with one place pretty much blows my mind.
I think to myself, obviously, I like what I'm doing to have stayed at it this long. Also, very pleased to be associated with a stellar company like Load 1.

But in the same breath, each day that passes, my desire to do something different increases. Maybe I have some 7 year itch thing going on, IDK :rolleyes:

Only time will tell ;)
Straight truck at Load One will cure that itch. Hehe.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

guido4475

Not a Member
It's been the longest that I have been at one company un-interrupted as well. No need to go to any other company. My following numbers support this. These are average numbers for my whole marriage to Load One from start to this year.

Average income- $70,156.37
All mile pay average- $.96 cpm
Loaded mile pay average- $1.27
Amount of loads hauled- 1,073
Average load weight- 535#
Total weight hauled- 574,787#

Sure, my income can be higher, but as I get older I am slowing down, unfortunately.

That's about all I will share publicly.

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Good Evening Load One! It's been a interesting day today to say the least. Got loaded this afternoon and ate at Mcalisters as I mentioned earlier. I was intending to go all the way to the city of where I was going to deliver to.

All that changed when I got halfway. I stop at the J to get fuel "yes it was pure diesel" lol and got out the Load One App and looked at the weather. I was in a MAJOR surprise! I only could go about 80 miles further and still call it safe.

It was tempting to keep going but with 145 miles to go with a Monday morning delivery it's not worth it. I've talked to Sr and Jr and it's no ones fault but I'm getting tired of getting caught with my pants down, LOL. I'm a magnet to this stuff "snow and ice" and I seem to get caught in it and or run into it. I've even thought about staying/running in certain areas. Who knows, have to wait and see.

Not this time and Thanks to the weather on the App! I use that thing ALL the time. Hey that's why I'm Chief Meteorologist DollarSign now, LOL. Hope everyone stays safe,dry and warm!

Goodnight Load One!

Last edited:

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Got a load from Decatur to Louisville.
Kentucky did there typical poor job of keeping the roads cleared. Delivered at 0100. 12 hours early. The receiving guy was surprised that I drove in the storm.
To be honest it wasn't as bad as I expected.

Sent from my moto z3 using EO Forums mobile app

guido4475

Not a Member
Good Evening Load One! It's been a interesting day today to say the least. Got loaded this afternoon and ate at Mcalisters as I mentioned earlier. I was intending to go all the way to the city of where I was going to deliver to.

All that changed when I got halfway. I stop at the J to get fuel "yes it was pure diesel" lol and got out the Load One App and looked at the weather. I was in a MAJOR surprise! I only could go about 80 miles further and still call it safe.

It was tempting to keep going but with 145 miles to go with a Monday morning delivery it's not worth it. I've talked to Sr and Jr and it's no ones fault but I'm getting tired of getting caught with my pants down, LOL. I'm a magnet to this stuff "snow and ice" and I seem to get caught in it and or run into it. I've even thought about staying/running in certain areas. Who knows, have to wait and see.

Not this time and Thanks to the weather on the App! I use that thing ALL the time. Hey that's why I'm Chief Meteorologist DollarSign now, LOL. Hope everyone stays safe,dry and warm!

Goodnight Load One!

The weather portion of the app only worked once on my phone. Still cant get the times for pickup and delivery to show eastern.

As far as the weather, be safe. I'm watching it from Laredo. I would like to be home by next Friday for Moms birthday, though.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I am getting holy water for Guidos phone!!! .

Another day another

Didn’t have to fly till tomorrow but hey a day earlier when it’s out of the cold and weather seemed like a good call

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Dream Land...

Don't really remember what I was dreaming about last night.
But 2 things were stuck in my mind when I woke up.

1st was that I wanted to watch a Shirley Temple movie o_O
2nd was a song stuck in my head. Eddie Rabbitt, Driving my life away.
Wasn't hard to figure out that part ;)

Don't know if I'll watch a Shirley Temple movie :rolleyes:, but took care of the later part :D

guido4475

Not a Member
Dream Land...

Don't really remember what I was dreaming about last night.
But 2 things were stuck in my mind when I woke up.

1st was that I wanted to watch a Shirley Temple movie o_O
2nd was a song stuck in my head. Eddie Rabbitt, Driving my life away.
Wasn't hard to figure out that part ;)

Don't know if I'll watch a Shirley Temple movie :rolleyes:, but took care of the later part :D

You Wombat wanna be....lol..CRIKEY, MATE !!!!..lol

Are you moving to the Philippines next?....

guido4475

Not a Member
I am getting holy water for Guidos phone!!!
emoji23.png

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums
Look out Guido, Mr. E and Ed is flying to you and getting that phone fixed once for all, LOL!

That would be great! Being a brand new phone, and Samsung ( themselves checking it out), they swore it is an app issue.

I expect everything on my van to work perfectly, as it should. I expect the same from the app, especially coming from a company that strives to be perfect, all its ducks in a row in every way.