December is the One to remember

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Beep Beep Breep
3 times, yeah.
Hardly wake the dead. Vehicles with back-up beepers hav6 necked in next h to me and didn't wake me up... Because I've learned to tune it out.

The beep Beep Beep might be annoying enough if it keeps going until manually canceled by viewing the quote offer

But I'm thinking something along the lines of a basketball buzzer of continuous one second bursts, or a 5 minutes mp3 of Ross Geller playing "Celebration" on the bagpipes.

You know ,annoying and relentless. Like me! :D

Beep Beep Beep...
Funny you said that. I heard a lot of that last night. Just enough to wake me, but soft enough to fall back asleep.
Those dang back up beepers I thought.
Then I finally woke up for the day, hearing the Beep Beep Beep again.
Dang, there are a lot of them here.
Then it dawned on me that the actual source of the sound was coming from my refrigerator alarm :rolleyes:
Given the outside temperature, I figured it was most likely a freeze alert. So I just reached under my bed and just turned it off.

So, to tie it in with Turtles comment. When you get used to sleeping around a lot of noise, definitely need something that stands out above what we tune out ;)

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Beep Beep Beep...
Funny you said that. I heard a lot of that last night. Just enough to wake me, but soft enough to fall back asleep.
Those dang back up beepers I thought.
Then I finally woke up for the day, hearing the Beep Beep Beep again.
Dang, there are a lot of them here.
Then it dawned on me that the actual source of the sound was coming from my refrigerator alarm :rolleyes:
Given the outside temperature, I figured it was most likely a freeze alert. So I just reached under my bed and just turned it off.

So, to tie it in with Turtles comment. When you get used to sleeping around a lot of noise, definitely need something that stands out above what we tune out ;)
Thats why my 2 wake up alarms are . ..
1 . Army wake up bugel
2. Nuclear attack warning
Not your everyday noises..lol

Money not Miles

guido4475

Not a Member
"Super loud ringtones" app has a ton of real loud ringtones. The sound for Load One is the "Dive Alarm" tone. Superduper loud.

Reactions: ntimevan

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Do we get dinged with refusals now even if we are out of service?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Well we might log a turn down but not sure we normally call an OOS unit. Your hour clock isnt running when you are OOS so that wouldnt have any effect. Was it a load offer through the automated system? If so this might be a glitch we need to look at.

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator

Well we might log a turn down but not sure we normally call an OOS unit. Your hour clock isnt running when you are OOS so that wouldnt have any effect. Was it a load offer through the automated system? If so this might be a glitch we need to look at.

Yes, it was through the automated system. And on top of that, judging by the rate offered, it was meant for Sprinter units, not Straight trucks.

Reactions: jelliott

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army

Yes, it was through the automated system. And on top of that, judging by the rate offered, it was meant for Sprinter units, not Straight trucks.

Ok, we will get it figured out! :)

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Deja vu...

2nd outing in a row sitting for a week again.
I'm surprised I'm not going bonkers.
Also surprised I'm not the longest sitter.

One way or another I'll move somewhere else this weekend, preferably with a load :rolleyes:

Will today be my lucky day?
Or get a very rare nothing for the week?

Only time will tell o_O