December is the One to remember

guido4475

Not a Member
I never spent as much time talking to other Load One drivers as I did today. I met Ntimevan, (who resembles my man, Donald Trump,), as well as another few drivers, and Canadian Scott, and Bobby as well. It was nice.

Just an FYI, a new laundromat opened up in Taylor, Skylar laundromat. State of the art, everything is new. The nicest ive ever seen. On the corner of Pardee and Wick. Id post pictures, but E.O. wont let me post any....

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I never spent as much time talking to other Load One drivers as I did today. I met Ntimevan, (who resembles my man, Donald Trump,), as well as another few drivers, and Canadian Scott, and Bobby as well. It was nice.

Just an FYI, a new laundromat opened up in Taylor, Skylar laundromat. State of the art, everything is new. The nicest ive ever seen. On the corner of Pardee and Wick. Id post pictures, but E.O. wont let me post any....
Yes , Quite the group at the Office today. Only thing Better would of been if John E. was there to share in the discussions .. .

Money not Miles

guido4475

Not a Member

Yes , Quite the group at the Office today. Only thing Better would of been if John E. was there to share in the discussions .. .

Money not Miles

True, his presence would of been appreciated and enjoyable, but I think Mr. Ed, the IT guy, would of been needed by all that were there...lol..

And I have to give Canadian Scott the award for having the smallest micro phone....Lmao...

Reactions: ntimevan

guido4475

Not a Member
My 8 year anniversary at Load One happened yesterday. The longest I've been at any company since 1989 in this business. That speaks volumes right there.

When I started at Load One, my financial life was in complete dissaray. A trainwreck. IRS was all over me like white on rice. Credit score was uglier than Chelsea Clinton. If there is one thing I can thank OVM for, it was getting me in here.

What a relief it was to leave a company that made their money off of the driver, instead of the loads by charging the driver ridiculous fees for every little thing, with excessive deadhead to get those lower paying loads. I shoulda left earlier, but was too naive.

But coming here to Load One was a huge blessing in disguise. As I said, my whole life has done a 180 in every aspect. I have been building for my future here while at Load One, trying to get myself "set up". Load One has given me a debt free lifestyle, one where I buy for quality now, not price. Financial peace of mind. Less stress. My blood pressure is normal. It is a nice and comforting feeling to be able to talk to the dispatchers and office people who are nice, freindly, and take pride in their jobs, following it through to the end. It feels great to take pride in a company like this, a feeling I've really never had before. Its nice to have a company owner who has our backs. Very rare.

Sure, I have my days of being a whiny little bit*ch, but am still happy and content here.

Thank you, John.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Well no one invited me to the party! LOL. We have a whole list of ideas that you guys have submitted on here and on the private facebook group that Ed and the team have on the list and are going to work on. Seems like the more they build for the fleet and for the staff....the longer the list of requests gets! But I guess that is part of the joys of technology. But we will try and work on them all one by one and keep making better into GREAT! It is amazing how a little time and technology change things. A year ago the fleet was reluctant and worried and slow to adopt the driver app. Today 97% of the fleet uses it and if it goes down for 5 minutes panic starts, LOL. But the good part is that reaffirms the power of the data and the tool! We will be testing a much improved in app scanner very soon as well.

guido4475

Not a Member
A piece of thin cardboard found in the arts and craft section at Walmart, in a 4 pack, larger than a standard sheet of paper, with black felt glued to it works perfect for scanning. The felt has no glare, and will hold paper better from sliding if it needs to be held at an angle. I'd post a picture, but this app says my file is too large to do so.

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Just got loaded a little ago. Now having lunch and dinner at THE WORLD'S GREATEST HAMBURGER! FUDDRUCKERS! After a good meal I'll be on my way to the delivery.

On the scanner issue, I've told the lady in Admin that I've cleaned it but dont have the calibration paper. Well it's just not good enough, lol. So I got the message again and I went to Office Depot and bought a new scanner and it didn't work with the Qualcomm.

Called safety and Matt is off today. Got ahold of Todd and told him that I'll be up there in the middle or end of the month and save me a new scanner!

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
After a cricket filled day. Just got a quote offer from the App. 1st time since the new alert sound was updated.
Definitely distinctive enough, although wondering if I would have heard the chirping alert walking through the truck stop. A lot of times, I can hardly hear my phone ringing over the trucks, and it's pretty loud ;)

At least it didn't go off this time when I was in the shower, like it did yesterday :D

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Well, I was in service for a few hours today.
Decided to head up towards Atlanta.
Discovered my wipers weren't working. Put in a new switch ($80) and that didn't fix it. (I needed a new switch anyway).
Wipers only move about 2 inches and the motor is hot. I'll replace the motor in the morning and try again.
Another night at home playing with Tiffany.

Sent from my moto z3 using EO Forums mobile app

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Got to the consignee early and beat all the traffic this morning! Took a nap and then decided to figure out what to do. After a few hours and i was #3 or #4 i was going to DH to a Pilot in the area. After running the miles and had some personal phone calls tend to, I need to go home for the evening. Decided to go oos for the evening and get back at it in the morning!

I had one load alert offer today and notice the different alert tone. The load was going to MI! Really wanted that one and it paid good. Then got another offer by phone and didn't get it.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I think it repeats after two minutes right now. But it plays a couple of times vs a single alert I think?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Beep Beep Breep
3 times, yeah.
Hardly wake the dead. Vehicles with back-up beepers hav6 necked in next h to me and didn't wake me up... Because I've learned to tune it out.

The beep Beep Beep might be annoying enough if it keeps going until manually canceled by viewing the quote offer

But I'm thinking something along the lines of a basketball buzzer of continuous one second bursts, or a 5 minutes mp3 of Ross Geller playing "Celebration" on the bagpipes.

You know ,annoying and relentless. Like me! :D

Reactions: RoadTime

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Beep Beep Breep
3 times, yeah.
Hardly wake the dead. Vehicles with back-up beepers hav6 necked in next h to me and didn't wake me up... Because I've learned to tune it out.

The beep Beep Beep might be annoying enough if it keeps going until manually canceled by viewing the quote offer

But I'm thinking something along the lines of a basketball buzzer of continuous one second bursts, or a 5 minutes mp3 of Ross Geller playing "Celebration" on the bagpipes.

Let me throw the suggestion to Ed and the technology team.

guido4475

Not a Member
Beep Beep Breep
3 times, yeah.

I have 2 backup beepers. Both are louder than a Who concert. They go off one after the other. Whelen is the brand.

Most shippers/receivers open their ramp door by the time I get to the back.of the van because of this...lol..

But I received a load offer via the robotic method and the noise woke me up out of my afternnon slumber while dreaming of Hillary and her Kirby vacuum looking attire....

So, yes, I feel it is loud and annoying enough..