Our latest technology tool

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Great app! Where I'm at knowledge is power and power is considered a dangerous thing. Especially in the hands of cargo van drivers.

I used to have a handle on steady customers and where freight originated. Now it seems like most of my carrier's customers are 3PLs and freight is hit and miss, all over the place.
I love where I work and we are too small to have what Mr. Elliot presents. The only information I have is experience, albeit slim, coupled with "wild guessing". I used to have a secret weapon (OVM Radar) that would advise me on locations. Come to think of it, back in my daze I went without any information from them too.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well this certainly got off track. Think we can all rise above and bring it back on track?

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums
When touching my location on screen, the total number of units in area was like 39. Never have I seen that number when I am at home. I think the Load 1 units and the partner units are. combined together under this arrangement. No other explanation that I can think of.

I get the same thing. My thinking was is was showing all L1 units in the area or combined. In-service or OOS?
Says 42 Sprinters when touching Detroit area on mine?

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Well this certainly got off track. Think we can all rise above and bring it back on track?

When touching my location on screen, the total number of units in area was like 39. Never have I seen that number when I am at home. I think the Load 1 units and the partner units are. combined together under this arrangement. No other explanation that I can think of.

I get the same thing. My thinking was is was showing all L1 units in the area or combined. In-service or OOS?
Says 42 Sprinters when touching Detroit area on mine?

Roadtime can you send me the screen shot. Yeah that doesnt make sense.Sounds like it is pulling OOS units as well, but the order should be correct for your unit I would think as the OOS units would be at the bottom of the pecking order.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
True but even if they all came back in service they would still be below you on the list.

Reactions: RoadTime

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
True but even if they all came back in service they would still be below you on the list.

Yeah, only times it may come in handy is like..well, like now. Normally I would be OOS service during this time and still pounding if I should be, but seeing there are XX amount of units in waiting to come back on, I might think otherwise to preserve my spot, rather then come back in service to find I'm 42 of 42 ;)

Give us a little, and we just want more lol.

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
When my daughter was about 5 she’d ask, “what time is it,exactly ? “
Did you just witness “ in real time “ and in real accurate time ?

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just got back home and did a 19 on qc and was 10 of 17. Also did one on app and was 11 of 19. Go figure.

Should be pulling same info if you have the exact same spot as it is a mileage radius. Can you send me email with screenshots of both so I can have it looked at? [email protected]

From what I've seen so far the App's range seems to be a little larger then the QC pulling in a couple more units.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
One nice feature I really like is being able to get positions while on a load for different locations. QC would never give me this information while on a load. Always nice for planning ahead :)

Reactions: ntimevan

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Just got back home and did a 19 on qc and was 10 of 17. Also did one on app and was 11 of 19. Go figure.

Should be pulling same info if you have the exact same spot as it is a mileage radius. Can you send me email with screenshots of both so I can have it looked at? [email protected]

From what I've seen so far the App's range seems to be a little larger then the QC pulling in a couple more units.

Should be the same, but the qcomm is based on a zip where the app is a touch point so could get a little variable there I would think.