Illegal immigrant found not guilty of murder

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Complete travesty of justice. He should be hung from the nearest tree.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I can see not finding him guilty of first or second degree murder, but as a convicted felon it's illegal for him to posses a firearm, even for 2 seconds. And picking up that firearm and allowing it to discharge is reckless endangerment resulting in loss of life, practically the legal definition of involuntary manslaughter.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Didn't follow the case much but I have served on Murder jury and the "jury charge" is you must consider only the evidence presented and the prosecutor MUST prove the charges beyond a reasonable doubt. They couldn't prove intent which is needed for murder (among other things). I don't know California law and I don't know if the jury can find him guilty of manslaughter if that wasn't charged. If they could then it is a travesty, if not it was a greedy prosecutor that made a bad decision.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Correct me if I'm wrong, didn't this guy confess?

Sent from my VS987 using EO Forums mobile app

He didn’t deny that the gun was in his hand and it went off and shot her, but he claims it was an accident and I guess the jury believed him.

But the fact that he shouldn’t have been there in the first place and being a convicted felon he should not have touched the gun. He should have been found guilty of manslaughter at a minimum

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: Grizzly

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
BTW, in my Newark murder case we let him off even though we all thought he was guilty because the prosecutor couldn't prove their case.

I’ve never been in a murder trial but if you all thought he was guilty it would seem the prosecutor DID prove his case .
It's not about what you think or what you believe, it's about what you can prove. The burden of proof falls on the accuser (prosecutor), and the burden must be met.

There's no doubt in my mind that OJ Simpson committed those two murders. I was in a position to watch every minute of that trial, including the things that were not told to the jury that might prejudice them. And if I had been on that jury, I'd have voted Not Guilty, too. The prosecution tied everything to an implausible and unbelievable timeline, thereby introducing a monster of a reasonable doubt, as it called into question every other thing they submitted.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
BTW, in my Newark murder case we let him off even though we all thought he was guilty because the prosecutor couldn't prove their case.

I’ve never been in a murder trial but if you all thought he was guilty it would seem the prosecutor DID prove his case .
There's no doubt in my mind that OJ Simpson committed those two murders. I was in a position to watch every minute of that trial ...

Hangin out with Kato by the pool?

Kip life

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
It's not about what you think or what you believe, it's about what you can prove. The burden of proof falls on the accuser (prosecutor), and the burden must be met.

There's no doubt in my mind that OJ Simpson committed those two murders. I was in a position to watch every minute of that trial, including the things that were not told to the jury that might prejudice them. And if I had been on that jury, I'd have voted Not Guilty, too. The prosecution tied everything to an implausible and unbelievable timeline, thereby introducing a monster of a reasonable doubt, as it called into question every other thing they submitted.
You were also gonna acquit OJ?

You are gonna make all white people here throw a fit as ...you betraying your heritage. ..

Sent from my SM-N900T using EO Forums mobile app

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
You were also gonna acquit OJ?
Like I said, if I had been on the jury yeah.

You are gonna make all white people here throw a fit as ...you betraying your heritage. ..
I'm not sure what heritage has to do with the law and evidentiary proof, but if my opinion causes all white people here to throw a fit, I think it says a lot more about them than it does me.

Reactions: Ragman