Where were you in 1999?

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
After three years with Roberts, had an opportunity to pop some caps in the mid east for a while as a government contractor. Had my first, that continued over the years big disappointment with "experienced, dedicated, conciencious, hard working drivers.

Big Al

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Driving for someone else with Roberts Express. Whatever happened to jroman? I linked to Expeditersonline when it first started. Great Site.

Big Al
Branson MO
Retired Navy

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Cool thread, thought I'd resurrect it.

At the time I was a seasoned vet of the industrial laundry industry, schlepping towels, aprons and of course rags to a variety of users.

Reactions: Worn Out Manager

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
always nice to find out where and what people were doing , before they found expediters online

Reactions: Ragman

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hmm.. in 1999 .... i was a Full time Letter Carrier at USPS .. walking 16 miles a day loved my job & serving my customers .. then came 9/11 and management went nuts and my retirement interest earnings disappeared .. management made me hate my job / government ... in 2003 i left the USPS and became an Expediter ... looking back now it was 1 of the Best decisions i have ever made ...
Also in 1999 i was assistant High School Wrestling Coach until leaving also in 2003 ... but 1 of my hardest things to give up ...

... still pond hopping

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
1999: a good year for me. Worked at Prudential Insurance on a remediation project. They corrected some dirty dealings that agents had committed in the Eighties. I enjoyed that job, but it came to an end, as we knew it would.

My next job burned me out; I was issuing variable annuities and couldn’t keep up the pace they required while making sure the job was done correctly. That was my last suit and tie job, and I have no regrets about that whatever.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: Worn Out Manager

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
1999: a good year for me. Worked at Prudential Insurance on a remediation project. They corrected some dirty dealings that agents had committed in the Eighties. I enjoyed that job, but it came to an end, as we knew it would.

My next job burned me out; I was issuing variable annuities and couldn’t keep up the pace they required while making sure the job was done correctly. That was my last suit and tie job, and I have no regrets about that whatever.

Holy Krap, I hated my old suit & tie daze. I remember back in the 60's and early 70's if I went to a Yankee or Giants game I HAD to wear jacket & tie.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app

BlindSquid

Active Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Cool thread, thought I'd resurrect it.

At the time I was a seasoned vet of the industrial laundry industry, schlepping towels, aprons and of course rags to a variety of users.

Agreed! Read each one.
I was in college killing a perfectly good G.I. bill benefit. I remember going to my pre-calc professor, complaining about something. He laughed so hard he fell off his stool. He said he didn't think it possible .... declared I had a crush, asked who? I said I dunno most of them. He he they all gave me fits.
I didn't know!? Been driving t-trailers for the last 6 years. 98-02 were great years .... Got educated, a bonified" B.S." degree. <<<<<that's funny!
Lotta good replies in this thread (from years ago) saw myself in many of them.

Reactions: xmudman

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Worked as a contractor with a small crew in Detroit. Removed debris and painted repossessed Govt. homes.

ucfd608

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
In 99 I was a sophomore in high school

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
In 1999 I started in expediting. Worked as a driver for Eagle Freight Services (now CEVA) in Houston, Tx. Congrats to Mr. Crane ( owner of the Houston Astros) who owned EFS at that time.

Reactions: ntimevan

wimpy007

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
US Army
Was on our third year with Roberts/FedEx great time and money, retired now too old for the long overnight runs.

Gear_Grinder

Rookie Expediter
Researching
Was at Flying J-J Care Service Center in Carlisle, Pa starting off my beginning years off in the trucking industry and a first start to the mechanic world.