Where were you in 1999?

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
What were you you doing in 1999?

Expediting?

Trucking?

Other?

We were right here with our Charter Members kicking off EO in 1999! :)

MentalGiant

Seasoned Expediter
I lived in Marion, AR. Worked in Memphis, TN at Hunter Fan Co. as Technical Support/Customer Service.

susie q 52

Seasoned Expediter
I was a sightseeing passenger till Sept. when I went to truck driving school in Drumright,OK for my class A. Best thing I ever did in my life was get my CDL, can't imagine ever working in a bldg. again. I don't miss the semi tho.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
We were working 9 to 5 jobs just waiting to find EO so we could change our lives.

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
1999,oh ya,what a beautiful year,Roberts Express,truck number ER5084
that year traded yellow KW for 1999 red Freightliner Classic,sold red KW studio,bought reefer trailer,had 98 Freightliner with H/W team in it.

Attachments

• 99clasic.jpg
    99clasic.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 98 classic.jpg
    98 classic.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 96kwstudio.jpg
    96kwstudio.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 8
  • 95kwaerocab.jpg
    95kwaerocab.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 8

FIS53

Veteran Expediter
Running the computer store near Blue Mtn Ski Resort, doing runs out of Barrie, Ont and was looking for a decent expedite outfit... (had just finished bank runs).
Rob

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
In prison, having met and married by beautiful much better half there just one year prior.

True story.

I was a shift supervisor of corrections officers. Thought I'd better explain.

flattop40

Expert Expediter
Sales manager for large construction company in NE michigan. Raising 3 children on my own and coaching swimming and football. One of the best times of my life.:)

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Cruising the road w/Roberts Express. Cruisin the net with Windows 98, Joe Roman, an wondering what in the h***is an EO.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Working as an LPN on the Trauma Unit, MetroHealth Medical Center in Cleveland, Oh, and coming to terms with the fact that nursing just wasn't what I wanted to do with the rest of my life.
Also recovering from the infection and removal of my right kidney.
By the end of the year, I knew that some form of driving was what I wanted to do, though I hadn't thought of getting a CDL A just yet - it took a couple years of local driving gigs to persuade me that driving a truck was where my heart was.
I haven't changed my mind yet. (Like SusieQ, don't miss the t/t, though). ;)

miker

Seasoned Expediter
owned and operated a small construction business installing siding,windows,doors,gutters. Racing Motocross every weekend with my son and friends, and best of all anticipating the birth of my 2 nd child in 2000, all a very good time in my life

Planner

Seasoned Expediter
Working as a professional land use planning consultant and trying to convince local politicians that the model for automotive recycling was not having a lot of junk cars spread out over acres, but neatly warehoused quarter panels, guaranteed recycled parts, etc.

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
was on my 2nd truck with roberts express/fedexcc
put the 1st eo bumper sticker on my truck to support eo
was on 7th year with roberts express
sticker was 3'by 18" long