The latest new Load One custom

Kip life

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
364420e1249b9de6b0044589bbeea3d1.jpg

Any Updates on the New Industry standard ...
Dock High Sprinter being built in western michigan ... ?

Sent from my SM-G955U using EO Forums mobile app
When you don't get any updates.. just know they are very busy hauling 7 pallets giving Straight Trucks a run for their money

Sent from my SM-N900T using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: ntimevan

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
How big is the sleeper? A rig like that almost begs for a team, but a 39” mattress won’t fit two people.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sex is awesome, but ya gotta sleep sometime

BlindSquid

Active Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
I could see that, though alittle shorter @ 4 skids. With the 3.5 as well, the overhang seems excessive (load balance). Add airtabs & sumo springs might sound additions. Good idea though, decently thought out.

1st one I've seen, will look forward to performance updates and look for others to emulate this & see where it goes (as a trend or a dead end).

Kip life

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I passed this truck in Ohio the other day.. looks good but I thought I saw a .85/ mile load in ..it's trunk

It's a tiny truck ..looked smaller in person than it does in this pics

Sent from my SM-N900T using EO Forums mobile app

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Actually, we are very business-minded fleet owners that carefully weigh cost versus benefit on every van we build and operate... we've been doing this a while...

The Cutaway chassis costs us much less than you might imagine because of our fleet negotiations with Ford... and the materials, although premium, are purchased right. Our cost for the van and materials are less than we could spend on a $printer or other large van.

Our labor is provided by our family... so it does not matter to us what we value that at.

Finally, we pay cash for our materials... debt?

We are keeping all these in our own fleet, leased to load-1. They will be VERY profitable. Don't feel sorry for us.

Sent from my SM-G955U using EO Forums mobile app

We pay cash for our materials. No debt.
Recently read in a Dave Ramsey discussion that he ( edit, he being Steve )thinks it's okay to stiff creditors. ( If I read it right.)
I have NO RESPECT for people who stiff people, or play the system, then act like they're doing well because they want you to think they're a genius or something.
Prior to reading that, I thought Steve was an alright guy.

Last edited:

mccll01

Active Expediter
Researching
Dave is for people paying their debt. But do not pay the debt collector that buys bad debt. If it goes that far, try to pay the original creator.

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yes, pay the original debt. What did they do to get stiffed ?
Except in cases of a dispute, fraud etc. Which should be settled in court. And the courts findings should be respected.

Reactions: westmicher

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
As I think about my post I wonder if I need to apologize.
It added nothing to the value of the discussion and sounds like an attack on Steve.
I've lost money in business to people who have looked for loopholes and gamed the system. And to those who didn't honor a courts decision.
So these people infuriate me.
As I reread this thread, the "what debt" comment stood out.
Well, its easier to have money if you skip on prior commitments.
So, if I'm out of line , I apologize.

Reactions: jelliott and Turtle

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
How big is the sleeper? A rig like that almost begs for a team, but a 39” mattress won’t fit two people.

A team just won't fit... not really even close. We have to have a lot more than just a bigger mattress for a team... a lot more room for personal gear, food, etc.

We went the other way, removing the passenger seat to make room to move the refrigerator and microwave out of the bunk area to make more/better space for personal gear. It also gives us a better place for all the Qualcomm gear.

These are optimized for a solo driver and making money... they can't be designed to properly have a team AND still remain under 10,001 GVW.

Sent from my SM-N900V using EO Forums mobile app

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
We pay cash for our materials. No debt.
Recently read in a Dave Ramsey discussion that he ( edit, he being Steve )thinks it's okay to stiff creditors. ( If I read it right.)
I have NO RESPECT for people who stiff people, or play the system, then act like they're doing well because they want you to think they're a genius or something.
Prior to reading that, I thought Steve was an alright guy.
Dave Ramsey wouldn't know how to run an expedite company. We pay for all our materials within 30 days. My wife and Load One think I'm an alright guy... that's good enough for me... I can't please everybody!

Sent from my SM-N900V using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: xmudman