Our latest technology tool

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Nice, John.
It's apparent that you like to be a leader.
Evidently not wowing the audience here.

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You know that.
I know that.*
Not everyone knows that.

The comment was made to generate discussion.
Increase participation helps the site.
On time media prospers.
Lawrence is able to "keep the lights on."

*Actually, I don't know that. Yes, I know there is technology to track vehicles and phones.
I do not know what Load 1 uses.
John never invited me into the fleet, so after years of disappointment, I retired.

Last edited:

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
It is an application between our systems and the customers phone. Doesn't involve the drivers phone at all. Really just taking the customer experience to a higher level. Happy customers = more freight = more miles for the fleet.

We are working on some really cool tech for our drivers as well. That is still in beta testing but that should be rolling out by years end. We think it will give our drivers access to tools and data that no carrier currently provides.

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
At this point do you actually track your Sprinters ?
Other than following them on social media ?

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
It is an application between our systems and the customers phone. Doesn't involve the drivers phone at all. Really just taking the customer experience to a higher level. Happy customers = more freight = more miles for the fleet.

We are working on some really cool tech for our drivers as well. That is still in beta testing but that should be rolling out by years end. We think it will give our drivers access to tools and data that no carrier currently provides.

Good. Because a recent inquiry into brokers wanting drivers to download tracking apps on their smartphones was met with a stern "You WILL do it!"

I suspect my phone will have technical difficulties at that time, and will not be able to download apps. Stinkin Droids!

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
That is a struggle. Macropoint has sold themselves as the "solution" to a number of brokers and shippers. This adds often times a redundant layer of tracking that is senseless. Surprisingly many shippers, brokers and 3pls operate on software that does not allow for integration from providers such as ourselves. Technology surges ahead in some sectors and drags its feet in others.

Reactions: Worn Out Manager

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I wouldn't know that.
I don't associate with vanners.
I did back in the 70's.
77 Dodge SWB, tricked out, shag carpeting and all.
Many LOADS were delivered IN that van.
Ahhh, memories.......

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
And how would I know that non-logging vehicles are QC equipped???
I have Q C in my Promaster .. love it .. of course my Carrier ONLY charges. $10. a week ..... Q C charges are Not a source of Income to my Carrier ... like so many of other Big name carriers ...

Sent from my SM-G955U using EO Forums mobile app

You work for a weird carrier.
Weird in a nice way.

Load 1 probably pays guys to have them in their vans.
And gives them free truck washes if they'll answer them. Or back massages.
I just often hear about van guys getting a call, or missing the call, on a load.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I wouldn't know that.
I don't associate with vanners.
I did back in the 70's.
77 Dodge SWB, tricked out, shag carpeting and all.
Many LOADS were delivered IN that van.
Ahhh, memories.......
a2e2c23b6669a334364c83e892bdc9649deeec1aa530b29ce4b6f73f37539d0d.jpg

Reactions: ntimevan