can anybody tell me what's wrong with this deal

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Yes. And we all know, at the end of the day, if I have to get off a barstool too many times to go outside to talk to a broker to figure out what the "fork" you're doing, then you aren't the truck for me. Now, "YOU" isn't directed at you, Don. You know that!! But the CRE TEAM is ONLY the "CRE TEAM" because you guys are ALL 100% responsible adults that NEVER need any hand-holding at all!! TEAM CRE makes CRE not have to add personal to babysit grown truck drivers. Hire responsible truck drivers, get responsible results. PERIOD. And that's not just the driving aspect. It's the whole package. Time management, sleep management, home time value, truck care, etc. We don't have garbage drivers and we don't get garbage results. BOOM!! Here's a direct quote from this morning. No BS. And not tooting horns.

"I like when bill is the driver" broker from GA that put Bill on a TX to AL.

ALL our driver's make ALL our brokers feel this way. It's as good as an exclusive "club". And it's membership is closed. CLOSED. I don't need more. LOL!! BUT, instead of a HORRIBLE rate out of Dallas, this guy gave us $100 more than his cheapest bid. But as they say, "garbage in, garbage out".

Kudos to the CRE TEAM for keeping the brokers happy!! I don't say it enough. Nowhere near enough!!!

THANK YOU!!!!:cheering-clapping-smiley-emoticon::cheering-clapping-smiley-emoticon::cheering-clapping-smiley-emoticon::cheering-clapping-smiley-emoticon::cheering-clapping-smiley-emoticon::cheering-clapping-smiley-emoticon:
Somebody had one too many at the bar.

"Amazing Grace, half-decent rates..."

LOL!! Not. I'm home and just playing catch up. I don't have to be drunk to appreciate how much easier our guys make life for me. They know that. I think. LOL!!!

Did I mention the time we had a guy have a spindle fall apart on him and he rented a vehicle in the middle of the night and completed the drop and I had no clue there was an issue????? Hell, I'd rent the vehicle and help or at least chat him up through it. But no. Done deal. Wake up and he's in GA in a rental. BOOM, again. LOL!!

Reactions: billg27

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Yes. And we all know, at the end of the day, if I have to get off a barstool too many times to go outside to talk to a broker to figure out what the "fork" you're doing, then you aren't the truck for me. Now, "YOU" isn't directed at you, Don. You know that!! But the CRE TEAM is ONLY the "CRE TEAM" because you guys are ALL 100% responsible adults that NEVER need any hand-holding at all!! TEAM CRE makes CRE not have to add personal to babysit grown truck drivers. Hire responsible truck drivers, get responsible results. PERIOD. And that's not just the driving aspect. It's the whole package. Time management, sleep management, home time value, truck care, etc. We don't have garbage drivers and we don't get garbage results. BOOM!! Here's a direct quote from this morning. No BS. And not tooting horns.

"I like when bill is the driver" broker from GA that put Bill on a TX to AL.

ALL our driver's make ALL our brokers feel this way. It's as good as an exclusive "club". And it's membership is closed. CLOSED. I don't need more. LOL!! BUT, instead of a HORRIBLE rate out of Dallas, this guy gave us $100 more than his cheapest bid. But as they say, "garbage in, garbage out".

Kudos to the CRE TEAM for keeping the brokers happy!! I don't say it enough. Nowhere near enough!!!

THANK YOU!!!!:cheering-clapping-smiley-emoticon::cheering-clapping-smiley-emoticon::cheering-clapping-smiley-emoticon::cheering-clapping-smiley-emoticon::cheering-clapping-smiley-emoticon::cheering-clapping-smiley-emoticon:
Somebody had one too many at the bar.
BTW, Apple cider vinegar is best for hangover.

"Amazing Grace, half-decent rates..."

I don't need hangover cures. I have expediting. If that doesn't SLAP the hangover out of you, NOTHING will!!!

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I've seen threads get sidetracked but how the hell do we go from spam about elogs to a cheerleading festival for CRE ?
Who generally wouldn't enter a conversation about elogs.
Speaking of the big M, how are you going to handle a guy picking up a placard load on January 8th. What will he be required to do log book wise ?

I have no problem with the cheerleading, you deserve it more than others that have been celebrated on here.
Just funny to me that THIS thread morphed into it.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
This thread was DOA, so the door was wide open to morph into pretty much anything.

The thread starter also tried to create an account using another name and email address (both accounts using the same lame-assed throwaway email service, incidentally), with the second account Not Approved. As a result, he hasn't bothered to even log back on to EO since starting the thread.

Reactions: RoadTime

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Interesting, and kinda funny to me, the vetting that goes on over getting onto a site that discusses the merits of earning 92 cpm vs 87 cpm and where people are amused by wheel chocks.
His second account didn't get approved.

We'll , I guess we should thank all those that work hard protecting us from the likes of the OP.
Without all your hard work I guess we could degenerate into the crap another expediter site I visited had turned into.

Reactions: Grizzly and Turtle

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Booked .....Utica, Mi - Monroe, Oh.

And back, of course.

What you going to do if they drop the And back..,?

When does the short week/ gas station job start ?
The "and back" is usually DH.

Im already doing the short week thing... drive truck 2 days, sell split hot dogs the rest of the week.

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Dealing with spammers used to be a totally manual process that was tedious and time consuming. And that mostly fell on chillout to deal with. One of my first goals was to automate as much of that as possible.

Other than Canada (and Australia, because of the popularity of Hino trucks down there), people from foreign countries really have no business on a North American expediting Website forum, other than to post spam. Now, when someone tries to register from a foreign country the registration is automatically rejected. We see anywhere from 3 to 8 attempts a week to register from places like Russia, China, Pakistan, India, The Philippines, etc. Those people don't have anything at all to contribute to a US expediting forum.

US and Canadian spammers can still get through, though. But all registrations are checked for certain "spammy" characteristics, and each characteristic is given a score. If the score is high enough, the registration isn't automatically approved, but rather is flagged for manual review and approval. We get about 2 or 3 of those a week. Usually they get approved, tho.

Certain domains known for spam are given a score, open ports that invite hackers gets a score, matches with IP addresses and email addresses in known spammer databases are given a score. VPNs and trash mail (one-time use, throwaway email) addresses are scored. If they have enough things flagged and the score is high enough, the registration is automatically rejected. We get 3 or 4 of those a week, too.

Some are clever and will be in China and using a US-based proxy server and will get in, but all new users are restricted from posting certain spammy words and URLs until they have a certain number of successful posts. Most spammers will give up and go away on their own after not being able to post their URL.

There are other things we use to catch spammers, as well. For the most part it works.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I have no problem with the cheerleading, you deserve it more than others that have been celebrated on here.
Perhaps this thread should be moved to Channel 19.

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
Speaking of the big M, how are you going to handle a guy picking up a placard load on January 8th. What will he be required to do log book wise ?

Unless something changed, they won't do placarded loads. When I was there we didn't do them.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Reactions: RoadTime and Turtle