can anybody tell me what's wrong with this deal

loadtheroad2

Not a Member
Driver
i saw an elog on overdrive called switchboard

it seems to have everything with dvirs and flagging - but it seems too good to be true with no-monthly fee. what do you guys think

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
i saw an elog on overdrive called switchboard

it seems to have everything with dvirs and flagging - but it seems too good to be true with no-monthly fee. what do you guys think
Can't tell,

Include a link to the ad so we can see what you're looking at.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I smell Hawaii's favorite canned meat product.

Someone named Switchboard joined up at the same time our thread starter did, using the same IP address and everything. Switchboard is still in the queue waiting to be approved. Might be there for a while.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I smell Hawaii's favorite canned meat product.

Someone named Switchboard joined up at the same time our thread starter did, using the same IP address and everything. Switchboard is still in the queue waiting to be approved. Might be there for a while.
I'm not so sure, perhaps he just didn't know how to do a link.

Anyhow, I found the article....

New ELD with no monthly fee

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'm not so sure, perhaps he just didn't know how to do a link.

Anyhow, I found the article....

New ELD with no monthly fee

Rags are you getting a cut?

Sent from my VS987 using EO Forums mobile app

Rags is more ethical than that.
He probably missed turtle's post while doing research.
I didn't miss turtles post, I'm responding to it.

Then you look like you're in cahoots with the OP.

Reactions: Grizzly

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Then you look like you're in cahoots with the OP.
I wouldn't go that far.

I just think it's interesting that one of them is a "driver" in Spokane and the other is in "Safety and Compliance" in Los Angeles, yet both are using the same SoCal based IP address within seconds of each other.

It could be they both joined up at the sane time to get information on the ELD, and did so using the same office Wi-Fi in LA. But why would the person in Safety, who has the same self-provided birthdate as the thread starter, use such an odd screen name for someone in Safety?

It smacks of...
Random New Guy: "Does anybody know anything about this 'looks too good to be true' product?"

Company Rep With Product Screen Name : "What a coincidence, I'm glad you asked, random guy who I've never met before. Yes! It just so happens that I do! Let me tell you all about it!"

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
so with this new system, starting up soon, are there people starting to use it and how does it work. doesn't start in December sometime. with the clink system how is that system working
so glad I'm semi retired now

Boatcat

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
Just a random thought here.
I have been running on paper till a week ago with my company and have been out of service for a while but I have to say that for my first ELOG experience , the Big Road app made in Canada , Is So Far So GOOD.
It takes a Lot to impress me at this stage but I like it.
I'm sure there will be lots of players out there, pretending to know what the laws are and how to be legal and in compliance.
DON'T FALL FOR IT !
I made the transition in a few days and it was virtually painless.
SCAMMERS BEWARE, WE ARE PRETTY SMART TOO...

Sent from my SM-N910V using EO Forums mobile app

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
And I'm a 4 wheeler and don't even know what an ELD is.
#happilyignorant

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app

Yes. And we all know, at the end of the day, if I have to get off a barstool too many times to go outside to talk to a broker to figure out what the "fork" you're doing, then you aren't the truck for me. Now, "YOU" isn't directed at you, Don. You know that!! But the CRE TEAM is ONLY the "CRE TEAM" because you guys are ALL 100% responsible adults that NEVER need any hand-holding at all!! TEAM CRE makes CRE not have to add personal to babysit grown truck drivers. Hire responsible truck drivers, get responsible results. PERIOD. And that's not just the driving aspect. It's the whole package. Time management, sleep management, home time value, truck care, etc. We don't have garbage drivers and we don't get garbage results. BOOM!! Here's a direct quote from this morning. No BS. And not tooting horns.

"I like when bill is the driver" broker from GA that put Bill on a TX to AL.

ALL our driver's make ALL our brokers feel this way. It's as good as an exclusive "club". And it's membership is closed. CLOSED. I don't need more. LOL!! BUT, instead of a HORRIBLE rate out of Dallas, this guy gave us $100 more than his cheapest bid. But as they say, "garbage in, garbage out".

Kudos to the CRE TEAM for keeping the brokers happy!! I don't say it enough. Nowhere near enough!!!

THANK YOU!!!!:cheering-clapping-smiley-emoticon::cheering-clapping-smiley-emoticon::cheering-clapping-smiley-emoticon::cheering-clapping-smiley-emoticon::cheering-clapping-smiley-emoticon::cheering-clapping-smiley-emoticon:

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yes. And we all know, at the end of the day, if I have to get off a barstool too many times to go outside to talk to a broker to figure out what the "fork" you're doing, then you aren't the truck for me. Now, "YOU" isn't directed at you, Don. You know that!! But the CRE TEAM is ONLY the "CRE TEAM" because you guys are ALL 100% responsible adults that NEVER need any hand-holding at all!! TEAM CRE makes CRE not have to add personal to babysit grown truck drivers. Hire responsible truck drivers, get responsible results. PERIOD. And that's not just the driving aspect. It's the whole package. Time management, sleep management, home time value, truck care, etc. We don't have garbage drivers and we don't get garbage results. BOOM!! Here's a direct quote from this morning. No BS. And not tooting horns.

ALL our driver's make ALL our brokers feel this way. It's as good as an exclusive "club". And it's membership is closed. CLOSED. I don't need more. LOL!! BUT, instead of a HORRIBLE rate out of Dallas, this guy gave us $100 more than his cheapest bid. But as they say, "garbage in, garbage out".

Kudos to the CRE TEAM for keeping the brokers happy!! I don't say it enough. Nowhere near enough!!!

THANK YOU!!!!:cheering-clapping-smiley-emoticon::cheering-clapping-smiley-emoticon::cheering-clapping-smiley-emoticon::cheering-clapping-smiley-emoticon::cheering-clapping-smiley-emoticon::cheering-clapping-smiley-emoticon:
Somebody had one too many at the bar.
BTW, Apple cider vinegar is best for hangover.

"Amazing Grace, half-decent rates..."

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter

Somebody had one too many at the bar.

"Amazing Grace, half-decent rates..."

LOL!! Not. I'm home and just playing catch up. I don't have to be drunk to appreciate how much easier our guys make life for me. They know that. I think. LOL!!!