Pilot Flying J

jaxonviking

Expert Expediter
As long as they don't screw with the shower program, couldn't care less who owns the facilities. Can't really jack prices as there's usually competition to Pilot reasonably close by.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm wondering if this last fuel rebate scam didn't get the ball rolling for the Haslam's and go ahead to sell. You know, just tired of all the mess?
The mess? Oh, you mean ripping people off?
They probably got tired of having to now play with a straight deck ... all the fun is gone ..

Sent from my VS987 using EO Forums mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: DollarSign

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Been thinking about this, I wouldn't be surprised that Loves picks up some PFJ. Wouldn't think TA/Petro would unless it's a deal and it makes since for them. I think he's going to streamline this thing and the ones not making a profit, there going up for sale. JMHO.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
well if one owns or has shares in trucking companies...wouldn't it make sense to own the fuel stops as well and get a better price for fuel and again drive down freight prices?

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
I don't think Warren Buffett companies would try to leverage one to help another I think every single investment must stand alone and offer him a return on investment or it won't stand for Long

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: schwanman

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Been thinking about this, I wouldn't be surprised that Loves picks up some PFJ. Wouldn't think TA/Petro would unless it's a deal and it makes since for them. I think he's going to streamline this thing and the ones not making a profit, there going up for sale. JMHO.
Loves has been on a tear the last couple of years opening new truck stops. It appears to me that most if not all are new builds from the ground up; in locations where there is no competition from other national chains or a location that can support another national chain. Just my observation.

Reactions: ntimevan

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Loves has been on a tear the last couple of years opening new truck stops. It appears to me that most if not all are new builds from the ground up; in locations where there is no competition from other national chains or a location that can support another national chain. Just my observation.
Very true Moot! My thinking is, it would be cheaper to buy one already built and a small remodel than build a new one. Loves does have a good customer base and most like to be close together.