Lets Remember September Locatoons & More

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
After turning the furnace on yesterday to take the chill out at home.
Decided it's time to try once again and get under the house, into the crawl space from hell, and somehow complete the task of checking out all the duct work which seems unreachable.

Task at hand: (similar pictures)

Step down into the pit...

1.jpg

Squeeze through the entry hole...

57c70e579ce6b_vent-opening.jpg

Maneuver/drag/crawl through the maze...

how-insulate-crawlspace.jpg

I better get going before I change my mind.
Besides, I already bought the white coveralls :rolleyes:

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well that was again a lost cause. Getting my best look yet at the duct work mess. It's just horribly done. Lots of very strange suspect patch work, looks like a DIY project that went really, really, bad.

I'm guessing that most, if not all the duct work, needs to be replaced and done properly. With the cost involved and already needing to replace my undersized furnace, may have to look into alternative heating options :rolleyes:

On the positive side, with my thinner size, I made it through the entry pretty easy without pulling any muscles.
And have some nifty coveralls to use the next time I'm painting the van ;)

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well that was again a lost cause. Getting my best look yet at the duct work mess. It's just horribly done. Lots of very strange suspect patch work, looks like a DIY project that went really, really, bad.

I'm guessing that most, if not all the duct work, needs to be replaced and done properly. With the cost involved and already needing to replace my undersized furnace, may have to look into alternative heating options :rolleyes:

On the positive side, with my thinner size, I made it through the entry pretty easy without pulling any muscles.
And have some nifty coveralls to use the next time I'm painting the van ;)
Use your espar? Lol
Just turned 100 degrees here

Reactions: RoadTime