Lets Remember September Locatoons & More

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Do you have a link for the pic, Hummer?

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Great night for sleeping. Temps down in low 50's.
Love the feeling of fall in the air.

Mostly for grins and giggles (and a little more practice), I've been logging my trip since I left Laredo following HOS rules. I do this from time to time. Always, debating on making a switch.

Things I like/dislike:
Nice to know when your day will end. And you get a 10 hr break. Seems easier with a cap on 11 hrs of driving. But if I was a busy long hauler, pretty much just enough time to sleep and drive.
So I don't envy the truckers who do this.

The 30min mandatory break is nice, but pretty stupid and inconvenient. Especially, if you plan to use that time to make something to eat during it. Just enough time to cram something down after parking/bathroom. Normally, will lose 20-30 mins at a stop anyways depending on how busy they are, so seems rather pointless. Only possible benefit I can figure is if a carrier has you on a tight schedule, at least you can stop for 30 mins. (Wow, a whole 30 mins). But unless, schedules have really tightened up since I last drove semi, this was never a issue anyways. Refering to general freight delivery. Maybe I'll have some time to watch some TV on my reset lol.

Well, my break is over, better get moving before my pretend dispatch calls to see why I'm not

Sent from my P00I using EO Forums mobile app

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Great night for sleeping. Temps down in low 50's.
Love the feeling of fall in the air.

Mostly for grins and giggles (and a little more practice), I've been logging my trip since I left Laredo following HOS rules. I do this from time to time. Always, debating on making a switch.

Things I like/dislike:
Nice to know when your day will end. And you get a 10 hr break. Seems easier with a cap on 11 hrs of driving. But if I was a busy long hauler, pretty much just enough time to sleep and drive.
So I don't envy the truckers who do this.

The 30min mandatory break is nice, but pretty stupid and inconvenient. Especially, if you plan to use that time to make something to eat during it. Just enough time to cram something down after parking/bathroom. Normally, will lose 20-30 mins at a stop anyways depending on how busy they are, so seems rather pointless. Only possible benefit I can figure is if a carrier has you on a tight schedule, at least you can stop for 30 mins. (Wow, a whole 30 mins). But unless, schedules have really tightened up since I last drove semi, this was never a issue anyways. Refering to general freight delivery. Maybe I'll have some time to watch some TV on my reset lol.

Well, my break is over, better get moving before my pretend dispatch calls to see why I'm not

Sent from my P00I using EO Forums mobile app
I thought the 30 minute break was put on hold?

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Stopped at Receivers so i knew exactly where located at ... Bingo ... gate open.. 2 guys working in shop ...1 was foreman ... Sure we will take the freight now ... 18 hours early ... Thank you
e884b80c182e7abeac2d1d4f01f004e1.jpg

my Poking sticks are donated by OVM Mfg. of Bison , SD.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter