Lets Remember September Locatoons & More

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I want a Michigan vanity plate that says PURESHT.
I always questioned "pure Michigan" license plates. Judging by the roads and city streets, it's like putting lipstick on the pig..
No offense to state and people living there, but their state motto should be something other than the propaganda of state future in 100 years.

Sent from my i-sung.

Reactions: Moot and ntimevan

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
i dunno..every interstate in Mi has been rebuilt since I moved here I think they are good or better then other states...Now city roads? thats a horse of a different colour... just plain bad on average...
69 out of port Huron was just a washboard and rattle your teeth out.....94 was about the same...96 going from Lansing to Detroit was a mine field...Southfield Rd from 94 up was a war zone. all have been rebuilt in the last 10 yrs...

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
i dunno..every interstate in Mi has been rebuilt since I moved here I think they are good or better then other states...Now city roads? thats a horse of a different colour... just plain bad on average...
69 out of port Huron was just a washboard and rattle your teeth out.....94 was about the same...96 going from Lansing to Detroit was a mine field...Southfield Rd from 94 up was a war zone. all have been rebuilt in the last 10 yrs...
I know...
You like MI so much, when you relocated to US, you moved 1300 miles away from "newly built" roads of pure Michigan.

Sent from my i-sung.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I know...
You like MI so much, when you relocated to US, you moved 1300 miles away from "newly built" roads of pure Michigan.

Sent from my i-sung.
actually both 1-90 and i-29 were pretty bad out here....now they have both been done since...

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
ee99077842f893e993901bc5f4157611.jpg

You said Horse of a different color....

my Poking sticks are donated by OVM Mfg. of Bison , SD.

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
How do I get out of laredo?

Sent from my SM-N900T using EO Forums mobile app
Load up with illegals

You can't get a load? It could be bad if for every load there are 6 expediters.
Your best bet, if not a carrier with dedicated customers, and sitting for too long, is to DH to Dallas or Houston.

Texas is bad getting out of, that's why most bid 110-150% usual rate going into TX, in case they can't get a run for few days, or need to DH.

Sent from my i-sung.

Last edited:

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Been on 75 north of the Ohio line lately?

Worst road in the nation.... Imo, of course.

Kip life

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Load up with illegals

You can't get a load? It could be bad if for every load there are 6 expediters.
Your best bet, if not a carrier with dedicated customers, and sitting for too long, is to DH to Dallas or Houston.

Texas is bad getting out of, that's why most bid 110-150% usual rate going into TX, in case they can't get a run for few days, or need to DH.

Sent from my i-sung.
I came in with 2.0

I will DH to San Antonio

The TA on 35 is full of vans, panther trucks and more vans

Reactions: VSprinter

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well that was again a lost cause. Getting my best look yet at the duct work mess. It's just horribly done. Lots of very strange suspect patch work, looks like a DIY project that went really, really, bad.

I'm guessing that most, if not all the duct work, needs to be replaced and done properly. With the cost involved and already needing to replace my undersized furnace, may have to look into alternative heating options :rolleyes:

On the positive side, with my thinner size, I made it through the entry pretty easy without pulling any muscles.
And have some nifty coveralls to use the next time I'm painting the van ;)
Use your espar? Lol
Just turned 100 degrees here

I'm sure the Espar would heat my home better and more efficiently.

As it is, my undersized furnace only puts out 45K BTU's. If I'm getting 50% of that due to the duct work problems I'm lucky. (I should have 80K BTU's for the size of my house). Upgrading the furnace should help, but without fixing the duct work also, (which I can't afford), I'm hesitant to replace the furnace.

The last couple of years, I've been using supplementing heating downstairs with my Big Buddy heater. At the 9K BTU setting, it does a pretty nice job keeping the downstairs warm. So I don't need a whole lot more to keep the downstairs warm. Upstairs where next to no heat goes from the furnace, I've been using electric heaters. Neither has been ideal, but ya got to do what you can afford :rolleyes:

Having missed my fireplace since I moved, but not wanting to deal with the mess, I've been giving strong consideration to just getting a high end gas stove for down stairs.

Radiance-DV-Gas-Stove-Dark_1000x560__42533.1480522338.1280.1280.jpg
With a max of 38K BTU's, this should be more then enough for downstairs. Upstairs, thinking of another gas option or just going with electric base board heat for the 2 rooms.

Although, I could just sell the house and pass along the problems. While using the Schultz technique :D

ziq9v.jpg

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Been on 75 north of the Ohio line lately?

Worst road in the nation.... Imo, of course.
If that's fixed, I rest my case.

Ragman, everytime I am on that road, I think of what Texans would do (probably cement him into the road) to the person in charge of that project.

Sent from my i-sung.

Reactions: mccll01

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I came in with 2.0

I will DH to San Antonio

The TA on 35 is full of vans, panther trucks and more vans

But...
You have to understand that Laredo has 50 times more loads than San Antonio.

If you think there are lots of trucks now, you should go there on Thursday, Friday and into the weekend.

Sent from my i-sung.

Last edited: