The Trump Card...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Trump's not a GOP idealogue. Never was. He ran on the things he wants to get done, not on the GOP Platform.

Reactions: Grizzly

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Trump's not a GOP idealogue. Never was.
Never said he was ... but he is the de facto head of the GOP.

He ran on the things he wants to get done, not on the GOP Platform.
He ran on there being a lot of gullible people whose votes he could exploit ... and he did surprisingly well.

But I seriously doubt that he has much in the way of anything resembling a fixed ideology - other than aggrandizement of self and acquisition of wealth - that's he firmly committed to.

If some of "the things he wants to get done" aren't easily achievable, I'm sure he'll be quite happy to settle for some other shiny object ... if he can focus whatever is left of his base on it and persuade them that THEY want it too.

Not a terribly difficult task I would imagine, considering ...

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Nope. No need to insult the people who voted for him.

It wasn't a comment aimed at everyone that voted for him ... just the fanatical hardcore base, in whose eyes he will likely never do any wrong.

You know: the ones that will rationalize anything he does as being genius and some sort of eleventy million dimensional chess ...

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
It wasn't a comment aimed at everyone that voted for him ... just the fanatical hardcore base, in whose eyes he will likely never do any wrong.
Oh, OK. You threw me when you simply said "whatever is left of his base" and that he'd have to persuade them. But now I'm merely confused, since he can do no wrong in the eyes of those same people. :D

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Are you kidding ?
Nope. No need to insult the people who voted for him.
Some of them need insulting...... :pokepoke:
Just call them FAS.That's mostly what they are.