Houston Hurricane.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Amazing how different everyone has acted so far and responded verses Katrina. Anyone else notice that?
Even some of the MSM are having trouble trashing Trump so far on this (still to come) instead going for his wife's fashion.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Amazing how different everyone has acted so far and responded verses Katrina. Anyone else notice that?
Is like night and day. Especially in the difference between in the reactions of evacuees at the Super Dome and the Convention Center.

CNN got their ass handed to them by one woman at the center when they shoved a microphone in her face for a reaction, and she said (paraphrasing) "we just waded through 4 feet of water, my kids are wet, I'm shivering, WTF is wrong with you?"

Even some of the MSM are having trouble trashing Trump so far on this (still to come) instead going for his wife's fashion.
Never fear, CNN is all over it. Trump didn't show any empathy. He didn't talk to the people. He didn't get his balls wet wading out into the flood waters to hold someone and cry with them. :rolleyes:

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Let me start by saying times like this really hurts my heart because I was a victim to a hurricane in 1999. Correct me if I'm wrong but there are parts of TX where entire Tractors and homes are under water but im still seeing a ton of loads that are going that direction some even going rite by Houston! I had a truck seating in the same spot for 4 hours and and another spot for 3. No ones safe in that area rite now. Please watch the areas you send your truck to. Houston is not the only city dealing with this. Some areas in LA are under water. It's STILL RAINING!!
BE SAFE!!

dbd9b2e7d5f26164b45264a11c96164a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums
I think I saw this truck on the news. A news reporter flagged down a truck towing a boat and told them about the Tractor in the water below. Saved the driver.

Reactions: davekc

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
MSM is trying ... I've seen a couple of articles referring to Trump "vowing to take care of" Harvey victims. Of course inferring $$$$$$

Give it a rest ...

Sent from my VS987 using EO Forums mobile app

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
MSM is trying ... I've seen a couple of articles referring to Trump "vowing to take care of" Harvey victims. Of course inferring $$$$$$

Give it a rest ...

Sent from my VS987 using EO Forums mobile app
Haha. Too funny. I did see on Yahoo that they said Trump was promoting his own merchandise line of USA hats. OMG, soon the hats will be drowning people. smh.:D

Reactions: Grizzly

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It has stopped raining and the water is down some. It's still over the curb but only about half way to the sidewalk on the easement now instead of half way up the driveway. We'll take what we can get.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
People are wanting that FLOTUS hat, but sadly it's not yet available from the Trump catalog.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
It has stopped raining and the water is down some. It's still over the curb but only about half way to the sidewalk on the easement now instead of half way up the driveway. We'll take what we can get.
Are you in any danger in being hammered by one of the resoviors?

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The rain stopped last night and the street has drained again. I'm sure it won't take much to fill it back up but at least it has to start from scratch. And there are snippets of blue sky to be seen which is additional improvement.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It is still sunny. We went exploring. The creek that is usually maybe 15 or so yards wide is probably about 300 yards wide now and the road is impassable. The second roadway out is also impassable about 1/2 mile from home. The third option is impassable about a mile away but the chinese restaurant is within the clear zone. The last option is clear for a mile or so to the Walmart / Whataburger parking lot. If it doesn't rain before morning I may go for a WB breakfast.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
2300-harvey-cube0830.jpg

19 trillion gallons on SW Texas and greater Houston.

That's enough water to cover the entire state of Arizona with one foot of water.

Chesapeake Bay has 18 trillion gallons of water.

In Harris County alone, of which Houston sits in the middle of, 1 trillion gallons of water fell in the four days from Saturday through Tuesday. That’s as much water as flows over Niagara Falls in 15 days.

Reactions: Grizzly

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I drove Colleen to work as her car was in the shop. We saw a LOT of water in various places but it was clear to her work and back. It's going to take an awful lot to completely recover from all this.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I drove Colleen to work as her car was in the shop. We saw a LOT of water in various places but it was clear to her work and back. It's going to take an awful lot to completely recover from all this.
1 step back, 2 steps forward!

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Western state wildfires that burn wide swaths of sparsely populated land are a regular, almost routine occurrence. The amount of water contained in Chesapeake Bay being dumped on a densely populated area within a few days is the exact opposite of regular and routine. One is 24/7 newsworthy, the other is not. One is on-topic in this thread, the other is, well to quote a wise yet difficult to offend old fart, "what's yer point?"

Reactions: Ragman