Houston Hurricane.

SpeedExpo8

Active Expediter
Let me start by saying times like this really hurts my heart because I was a victim to a hurricane in 1999. Correct me if I'm wrong but there are parts of TX where entire Tractors and homes are under water but im still seeing a ton of loads that are going that direction some even going rite by Houston! I had a truck seating in the same spot for 4 hours and and another spot for 3. No ones safe in that area rite now. Please watch the areas you send your truck to. Houston is not the only city dealing with this. Some areas in LA are under water. It's STILL RAINING!!
BE SAFE!!

dbd9b2e7d5f26164b45264a11c96164a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
be safe out there, watch water on roads slow down, take it easy, watch where you park
keep your tanks full, keep track of weather as you are going down the road

Reactions: Hummer53

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
This is a photo looking down our creek, I mean street.IMG_0009.JPG

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
LDB & Vanman certain area are worst then others, it's looks like most of the damage it at the center of Houston

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums
That's because all the water drains through Buffalo Bayou to the ship channel and out to the gulf. Also downtown is probably at sea level or below.

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yes, we have a slope up from the street to the house, several inches, so we're still good for a little while anyway.
Hope everything turns out OK....thought about you when one of the TV radar shots zoomed in enough to show local town names and I thought "why does that name sound familiar?" A few feeble minded minutes later your name popped into my head.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
It was interesting trying to "navigate" from Baytown to George Bush International as Google kept trying to route me down streets that they were launching boats from. Saw a lot of neighborhoods under water on the way and a lot of boat rescues. Now by J on I-45 north of Houston. Getting better and tomorrow should be a much better day for all here

Sent from my SM-G950U using EO Forums mobile app

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
May as well get my info from LDB.

Whats the situation in Kingwood? I have cousins there I have not been able to reach.
Thanks leo. Prayers to you and yours.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Other than the ridiculously unfathomable rainfall numbers, the most impressive thing about this disaster is how pretty much everybody with a boat has become a First Responder, how people have opened their homes to strangers who had to evacuate theirs, how furniture stores have opened to become shelters, and how Texans (other than Joel Osteen) are f'ing awesome.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'm not sure how Kingwood is. We haven't been watching any of the reporting, just watching out the windows. Kingwood is pretty far northeast though so they should be some better if they aren't right by a waterway.

Reactions: Turtle

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'm not sure how Kingwood is. We haven't been watching any of the reporting, just watching out the windows. Kingwood is pretty far northeast though so they should be some better if they aren't right by a waterway.
Thanks..... I spoke with him yesterday. As of that point, they were still OK, just worried. Today haven't heard.

You be safe. Prayers from me and mine to you and yours. If fact, prayers to all the people affected by this calamity.

Last edited: