No .. it's August .. Locations & More

Hummer53

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Well, truck starts and runs but stalls out at idle. Hopefully needs to dry out more. I got stalled in the wake of another truck and sat in over 24" of water. It went right in my tailpipe!
53a762a15fed22d5e114c569798c47d3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using EO Forums mobile app

I thought you said you had trouble at an overpass.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I learned long ago... not to put me or my wife in harms way over this job deliberately... brokers don't care and few want to pay up for the extra costs... and to what end? I just wait a few minutes/hours and another load pops just as good...has nothing to do with chicken sh!t or scare de cat... just better choices...:)

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
I learned long ago... not to put me or my wife in harms way over this job deliberately... brokers don't care and few want to pay up for the extra costs... and to what end? I just wait a few minutes/hours and another load pops just as good...has nothing to do with chicken sh!t or scare de cat... just better choices...:)
Well, had I gone to the Loves instead of trying to get to the J all would be well. We had no issues or danger from Harvey. In fact we had a great drive down, until I decided to plays duck

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Also as far as I can go because truck won't run♂️

Told you best not to go, and definitely stay far away from Houston...there is a REASON I said that...have friends in Houston on high ground...they are ok but hoping the roof stays on with all the rain.

WOM is stubborn and chasing the $ signs. Xtra money will probably go to van repairs. LOL
If he wants to spend money he can send me the $30,000 and stay dry.

Hummer53

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Well, truck starts and runs but stalls out at idle. Hopefully needs to dry out more. I got stalled in the wake of another truck and sat in over 24" of water. It went right in my tailpipe!

OH .. Flood Water ... whew
At first i thought Your Pee Bottle tipped over ....

my Poking sticks are donated by OVM Mfg. of Bison , SD.
It did

OH .. Flood Water ... whew
At first i thought Your Pee Bottle tipped over ....

my Poking sticks are donated by OVM Mfg. of Bison , SD.
It did

That would cause a flood also.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
and its a Saturday...just watching all the fun they are having in Houston now...predicted 15-20" of rain by Monday...25" by Tuesday....TV shows underpasses with about 2 feet of water...
Funny you should mention underpasses. Got off the exit to Baytown J, looked at the water under the underpass, said I can make it, wrong!

BTW, in case you were wondering, Transists don't float.!!!

Wow, I feel for ya! ....
I would have bugged out of TX days ago or just stayed clear ...
Driving through standing water is like a big no, no. How does insurance handle this situation? I'd start thinking about deleting all these posts right about now .. ;)

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
A couple years ago I was moving from WV to NJ and put the grill in the back of the truck, oops. When covering the resultant fire damage the insurance agent (politely) said "Stupidity is covered "!

Anyhow, truck dried out and seems to be working fine now.

Glad to hear the van is working for now. Have you found high/dry ground? Are you safe?

Now, what was that about a grill .. lol Fire damage? Do you hear your insurance agent say " Bless your heart" often during conversations?

Sent from my VS987 using EO Forums mobile app

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well, had I gone to the Loves instead of trying to get to the J all would be well. We had no issues or danger from Harvey. In fact we had a great drive down, until I decided to plays duck

so weather.com is saying 20" more rain for Baytown area thru Wednesday....whats your condition there...real time report...?

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Bummer! For those who got the van flooded. I'm so sorry if your van got flooded.

Please do some research now. The potential problems down the road can be expensive and dangerous. Check with your insurance company, too.

Here's some related story what can happen to the flooded car.

So your car got flooded. Now what?

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
so weather.com is saying 20" more rain for Baytown area thru Wednesday....whats your condition there...real time report...?
We are not experiencing any problem. It rains, then stops, sometimes hard, sometimes not. We got a room at Baymont here in Baytowen. Kroger was open down the street so we have food. Gas tank filled before prices rise. Can't get into Houston with delivery. I am sure that Harvey is s disaster and I feel bad for those suffering losses and worse, but, this is no Katrina, although the press will report it as such.