No .. it's August .. Locations & More

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Monday Delivery, cautious but not overly concerned, we either get thrtu or we don't.

We are carrying water filter elements used in water supply system in anticipation of ??

Sent from my SM-G950U using EO Forums mobile app

926099e8344e9326fad9e03a3b683983.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
and its a Saturday...just watching all the fun they are having in Houston now...predicted 15-20" of rain by Monday...25" by Tuesday....TV shows underpasses with about 2 feet of water...

Reactions: ntimevan

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
and its a Saturday...just watching all the fun they are having in Houston now...predicted 15-20" of rain by Monday...25" by Tuesday....TV shows underpasses with about 2 feet of water...
Sunny and 85 ° now ... on I-44 in Missouri ...

my Poking sticks are donated by OVM Mfg. of Bison , SD.
83 and partly cloudy....feels like 81....its a dry heat....LOL

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Harvey just became category 4...not sure why you want to come to Houston...they said sustained tropical storm force winds as far inland as San Antonio...Houston will be floating.
I turned down a load a 1376 mile load to Laredo Friday afternoon that delivered Sunday morning. I thought about it for about ½ second before refusing it. Three hours ago I turned down a load to Pasadena, TX without hesitation. Who needs freight that desperately, unless it is storm related? If so, they need a boat to swap with somewhere north of Houston. Way north.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I turned down a load a 1376 mile load to Laredo Friday afternoon that delivered Sunday morning. I thought about it for about ½ second before refusing it. Three hours ago I turned down a load to Pasadena, TX without hesitation. Who needs freight that desperately, unless it is storm related? If so, they need a boat to swap with somewhere north of Houston. Way north.
Actually a No-namer friend of mine unloaded Friday morning in Laredo also ... but he is still there as of 2 hours ago ... said they only had like a half inch of rain .. nothing much ....
The problem is Austin and San Antonio ... i am glad i got through there last night with rain and gusty winds ...
north of Dallas sunny this morning and into Ok. and Mo. also... i feel lucky myself

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Funny you should mention underpasses. Got off the exit to Baytown J, looked at the water under the underpass, said I can make it, wrong!

BTW, in case you were wondering, Transists don't float.!!!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Funny you should mention underpasses. Got off the exit to Baytown J, looked at the water under the underpass, said I can make it, wrong!

BTW, in case you were wondering, Transists don't float.!!!

By reports you are as far as you can go for now....another 25-30" coming your way

Reactions: ntimevan

akkshole

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well, truck starts and runs but stalls out at idle. Hopefully needs to dry out more. I got stalled in the wake of another truck and sat in over 24" of water. It went right in my tailpipe!
53a762a15fed22d5e114c569798c47d3.jpg

OH .. Flood Water ... whew
At first i thought Your Pee Bottle tipped over ....

Hummer53

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Also as far as I can go because truck won't run♂️

Told you best not to go, and definitely stay far away from Houston...there is a REASON I said that...have friends in Houston on high ground...they are ok but hoping the roof stays on with all the rain.

WOM is stubborn and chasing the $ signs. Xtra money will probably go to van repairs. LOL