The Trump Card...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
BBExLfc.img

Part of the Cracker Jack Anti-Trump Protest Team, UltraViolet, at the US Women's Open Golf Tournament.

"We want the USGA to dump sexist Trump because women and men deserve to make sure that they are safe and that sexual predators are not considered ambassadors of sports," said Melissa Byrne of Philadelphia, a spokesperson for the UltraViolet group.

Reactions: Moot

ATeam

Retired Expediter
In this Fox News piece, Fox News analyst Howard Kurtz criticizes the slow pace at which Trump and his people release relevant facts. Kurtz cites the book Truth to Tell: Tell It All, Tell It Early, Tell It Yourself and says, "The Trump team might check it out if it wants to stop getting blindsided on this Russia story. If it’s going to leak out anyway, telling it early is the best course."

That seems to be good advice. The question is, why does Trump and his team not do this?

I can think of two reasons. (1) They truly do have something to hide. If so, releasing relevant facts may be akin to political suicide and may even put some of them in jail. (2) Trump's extreme narcissism precludes Trump from even considering such an approach. He is hard-wired against admitting an error. Trump's narcissism makes it literally impossible for him to do anything other than attack anyone or anything that would diminish his image in any way.

That's my view. Am I missing anything? Is there a better explanation for the slow and Trump-harmful pace at which Trump and his team release relevant facts?

Hillary took the same, unwise approach in the server scandal. Had she told the truth, told it all, told it early and told it herself, Hillary could have neutralized this issue early in her campaign if not before. But she didn't. Instead of coming clean, she denied, delayed and defended; and thereby energized this Clinton-harmful issue day after day.

You don't clear the air by not clearing the air. The sooner Trump opens up and proactively assists investigators in bringing out the truth, the sooner he will be free of the burden the Russia thing now provides.

Last edited:

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Trump boasted on the campaign trail that he hires the best people. With his pick of attorney Ty Cobb to manage the response to the Russia thing, Trump may have finally gotten around to doing so in this area. By all accounts, Cobb is the man for this job.
With a .366 lifetime batting average Cobb would certainly be a great addition to the Trump team. A strong, healthy, left handed starting pitcher is still needed to keep them on top through the second half of the season.

Reactions: Turtle and ATeam

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
BBExLfc.img

Part of the Cracker Jack Anti-Trump Protest Team, UltraViolet, at the US Women's Open Golf Tournament.

"We want the USGA to dump sexist Trump because women and men deserve to make sure that they are safe and that sexual predators are not considered ambassadors of sports," said Melissa Byrne of Philadelphia, a spokesperson for the UltraViolet group.

From the UltraViolet website:
UltraViolet is a powerful and rapidly growing community of people mobilized to fight sexism and create a more inclusive world that accurately represents all women, from politics and government to media and pop culture.
We work on a range of issues—reproductive rights, healthcare, economic security, violence, and racial justice — and we center the voices of all women, especially women of color, immigrants, and LGBTQ women. UltraViolet exists to create a cost for sexism and to achieve full equity for all women through culture and policy change.
We fight attacks against women and work toward a proactive vision of what equality looks like for women. We demand accountability from individuals, the media, and institutions that perpetuate sexist narratives or seek to limit the rights, safety, and economic security of women.
We leverage culture, politics, the news, and our rapid-response model to mobilize millions of people, quickly.
We founded UltraViolet five years ago on the principle that with a combination of organizing, technology, creative campaigning, and people power, we can win. Ultraviolet leads creative, breakthrough campaigns that have won victories from politics to culture. We’ve never backed down from a fight, and our members have never been more energized and active than they are today.

Reactions: Turtle

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

From the UltraViolet website:
UltraViolet is a powerful and rapidly growing community of people mobilized to fight sexism and create a more inclusive world that accurately represents all women, from politics and government to media and pop culture.
We work on a range of issues—reproductive rights, healthcare, economic security, violence, and racial justice — and we center the voices of all women, especially women of color, immigrants, and LGBTQ women. UltraViolet exists to create a cost for sexism and to achieve full equity for all women through culture and policy change.
We fight attacks against women and work toward a proactive vision of what equality looks like for women. We demand accountability from individuals, the media, and institutions that perpetuate sexist narratives or seek to limit the rights, safety, and economic security of women.
We leverage culture, politics, the news, and our rapid-response model to mobilize millions of people, quickly.
We founded UltraViolet five years ago on the principle that with a combination of organizing, technology, creative campaigning, and people power, we can win. Ultraviolet leads creative, breakthrough campaigns that have won victories from politics to culture. We’ve never backed down from a fight, and our members have never been more energized and active than they are today.
Well at least three if not millions.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I posted the picture because I thought it was funny that three people, who will never get laid, are fighting, at a women's golf tournament, to make sure they and others are safe from sexual predators.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Do you think Mueller and his team, (staffed with at least a few investigators that are Hillary supporters )will even look at the angle that it was concocted by Hillary's campaign? I have my doubts.

I think the investigators will follow the facts to wherever they lead, including Hillary's campaign, if they lead in that direction. I believe this because the team is led by a lawman who is widely regarded as a person of integrity. I also believe it because a person who contributes money to a particular candidate does not thereby lose the ability to be objective and professional in one's work.

If you looked at my track record of political contributions, you would find contributions made to a certain candidate. If that is the sole fact you used to determine that I had a political bias of a particular sort and then used that to conclude that I was incapable of doing objective work, you would be mistaken.

Police officers all have biases but they issue citations to people of all stripes. For example, just because a police officer may be favorably disposed to a Republican point of view, he or she is as likely to cite a Republican as a Democrat; not because the officer is a political party member but because he/she is a professional.
Just look at today's news media, aka Fake News. They're supposed to be objective and not let their agendas drive their news, but we all know how dishonest many of them are. Many of them despise Trump so they will shape their news to cast him in the most unfavorable light. The same can be said about some lawyer/ investigator who was politically active for Hillary. They may allow their dislike for the candidate that beat her from becoming president and one they opposed to affect their judgement about whatever information they gather. And instead look at each piece as some smoking gun( like we see the Dems do in Congress) instead of much ado about nothing.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
I'm almost old enough to remember when the Dems were against the 'Red Scare' and also criticized Romney's view on Russia.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Just look at today's news media, aka Fake News. They're supposed to be objective and not let their agendas drive their news, but we all know how dishonest many of them are. Many of them despise Trump so they will shape their news to cast him in the most unfavorable light. The same can be said about some lawyer/ investigator who was politically active for Hillary. They may allow their dislike for the candidate that beat her from becoming president and one they opposed to affect their judgement about whatever information they gather. And instead look at each piece as some smoking gun( like we see the Dems do in Congress) instead of much ado about nothing.

Even if it was true that the investigators in the Special Counsel's office were as unobjective and anti-Trump as you suggest, the investigators have a burden journalists do not; at least if they want to charge someone with a violation of law. They must make a case sufficient to be accepted by a court, a case that will be put in writing, examined under the law and argued both ways before a judge.

About these people being politically active for Hillary, how do you know this? Who exactly are you talking about and how exactly do you know they were politically active for Hillary? I've seen a few headlines about some of the people in the Special Counsel's office making certain financial contributions but it is quite the leap to jump from those headlines to painting the entire office to be as as dishonest as the anti-Trump media.

I've seen no headlines about the contributions made to Trump and/or Republican candidates and entities by people in that office, but it is a safe bet at least some have been made. The last time Mueller's political party affiliation was publicly known, he was a registered Republican. By your reasoning, what does that say about the bias of the office and the investigation?

ATeam

Retired Expediter
I have commented about Trump's health and fitness before. This info from Politico provides an additional indicator:

During his visit to Saudi Arabia in May, rather than walk, the president hopped a ride in a cart as he toured the National Museum in Riyadh. And a few days later, while six other world leaders at a G-7 summit in Sicily walked 700 yards up a slight hill to a photo-op, Trump followed behind for at least part of the way in, yes, another golf cart.

As a gym owner, I have a pro-fitness bias. Most presidents are physically fit and active and in that set a good example for the country. I'd love to see Trump do something to improve his health and fitness.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Even if it was true that the investigators in the Special Counsel's office were as unobjective and anti-Trump as you suggest, the investigators have a burden journalists do not; at least if they want to charge someone with a violation of law. They must make a case sufficient to be accepted by a court, a case that will be put in writing, examined under the law and argued both ways before a judge.
Well, that's not true at all. The Special Counsel's office must make a case sufficient to change the direction of the political wind, examined under a political agenda, and argued before the public in which the Press has the ability to steer public opinion.

About these people being politically active for Hillary, how do you know this?
The New York Times, The Washington Post, CNN. They wouldn't make something like that up. Also you can see the monetary contributions made at the FEC website.

Who exactly are you talking about and how exactly do you know they were politically active for Hillary?
The names have been reported in the aforementioned news media many times. It's not hard to find the information on them. One of the lawyers on Mueller's special investigative team is Jeannie Rhee, a former senior adviser to former Attorney General Eric Holder, who was previously employed by the Clinton Foundation solely to defend the Foundation against, and stonewall the release, of FOIA requests related to Hillary's private email server.

I've seen a few headlines about some of the people in the Special Counsel's office making certain financial contributions but it is quite the leap to jump from those headlines to painting the entire office to be as as dishonest as the anti-Trump media.
As dishonest as the anti-Trump media? Maybe not. But it certainly raises legitimate questions as to conflicts of interest.
've seen no headlines about the contributions made to Trump and/or Republican candidates and entities by people in that office, but it is a safe bet at least some have been made
That's a pretty risky bet. Contributions are public record, and the NYT and WaPo would be all up in it, if nothing else so they could go, "See! See! See!"

The last time Mueller's political party affiliation was publicly known, he was a registered Republican. By your reasoning, what does that say about the bias of the office and the investigation?
The last time Robert Mueller's good buddy and mentee James Comey's political affiliation was publicly known, he was also a registered Republican. Taking that into account and how Comey perfectly laid out the case against Hillary but declined to press charges, and the fact that Mueller has stacked his team with Democrat lawyers, I'd say that the registered political affiliation of Mueller says very little at all about the bias of the office and the investigation.

Washington DC has never in its history had an independent prosecutor where the term itself wasn't a smoke and mirrors oxymoron.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Is anyone else plain tired of the idiotic, Trump-harmful way the Trumps are managing the Russia thing, and especially the meeting referenced above. Now we hear from a Trump attorney of an eighth person in the room but details are not disclosed. The Trumps and Trump team have been dribbling out one piece after another over a number of days, and the information is so contradictory that all credibility is gone.

Why didn't the Trumps simply admit the meeting and disclose details? It's lunacy to dribble things out. The story could have been over if they disclosed all. Instead the Trumps inspire one negative report after another, day after day after day. And even if people weren't focusing on this, The Donald continues to tweet about it.

We do not yet know what will come from the investigations, if anything. We do know that the Trumps and the Trump team is being really, really stupid in managing their response and message. Enough already. Admit the meeting, provide all details, make one statement about it and move on. These Trump releases in dribbs and drabs make no sense and are absolutely Trump destructive.

Why does The Donald keep shooting himself in the foot when he doesn't have to?

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Why didn't the Trumps simply admit the meeting and disclose details? It's lunacy to dribble things out.
Could be lunacy or it could be someone running the Trump Show is crazy. Crazy like a fox. I mean, they can't all be morons can they? It was the vast amount of media attention, whether positive or negative, that helped Trump get elected.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Could be lunacy or it could be someone running the Trump Show is crazy. Crazy like a fox. I mean, they can't all be morons can they? It was the vast amount of media attention, whether positive or negative, that helped Trump get elected.
Yup, and he loved it, they were great, they were the best! Then they questioned some "possibly untrue" statements. Then they suddenly became "The Dishonest Media" that reported only "Fake News".

Sent from my XT1635-01 using EO Forums mobile app

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Donald Trump 1990. Calls CNN fake news and then drops the mic, literally.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Is anyone else plain tired of the idiotic, Trump-harmful way the Trumps are managing the Russia thing, and especially the meeting referenced above. Now we hear from a Trump attorney of an eighth person in the room but details are not disclosed. The Trumps and Trump team have been dribbling out one piece after another over a number of days, and the information is so contradictory that all credibility is gone.

Why didn't the Trumps simply admit the meeting and disclose details? It's lunacy to dribble things out. The story could have been over if they disclosed all. Instead the Trumps inspire one negative report after another, day after day after day. And even if people weren't focusing on this, The Donald continues to tweet about it.

We do not yet know what will come from the investigations, if anything. We do know that the Trumps and the Trump team is being really, really stupid in managing their response and message. Enough already. Admit the meeting, provide all details, make one statement about it and move on. These Trump releases in dribbs and drabs make no sense and are absolutely Trump destructive.

Why does The Donald keep shooting himself in the foot when he doesn't have to?
They probably don't think it's as big of a deal as the Dems in Washington and the Fake News media are making it out to be.