The Trump Card...

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I am still sold on breaking the monopoly in the health insurance side. Way too many layers of madness. Need to get it close to dental and optical. The latter is way more competitive and no where near the red tape as it once had. That, is what brings the cost down along with plain healthy competition.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
CNN threatens to dox the creator of the Trump WWE video clip.

How CNN found the Reddit user behind the Trump wrestling GIF - CNNPolitics.com

CNN is not publishing "HanA**holeSolo's" name because he is a private citizen who has issued an extensive statement of apology, showed his remorse by saying he has taken down all his offending posts, and because he said he is not going to repeat this ugly behavior on social media again. In addition, he said his statement could serve as an example to others not to do the same.

CNN reserves the right to publish his identity should any of that change.

Wow. I mean, just wow. That is astonishing. But probable felony aside, the Cracker Jack investigative "journalist" who wrote the piece, Andrew Kaczynski, flat out denied in one Twitter exchange threatening the private citizen in any way, despite the threat literally being right there in a standalone sentence in the article. That's like Governor Christie claiming he didn't get any sun while laying on a beach in broad daylight.

Even Congessman Scott Taylor, the same one who told CNN's Allisyn Camerota that CNN was getting played by Trump, Tweeted to Kaczynski, "U basically coerce apology & threaten release of identity if something changes? Pretty sure a line is crossed here."

The fact that CNN even bothered to try and find out who created the video is mind boggling. It's right up there with fact-cheching Russian Dressing.

Oh, yeah, and the person they've coerced an apology out of and threatened to dox is, apparently, a 15 year old.

It's no coincidence that #CNNBlackmail is the #1 trending topic on Twitter. And CNN is getting torn apart, and not just by those on the right.

Reactions: RoadTime

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The fact that CNN even bothered to try and find out who created the video is mind boggling. It's right up there with fact-cheching Russian Dressing.

Yeah, as I watched the video report on CNN about it, I couldn't believe what I was watching and hearing.
Really? This is where investigation news has gone? Unbelievable :rolleyes:

Reactions: muttly and Turtle

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
CNN is in full damage control, spinning like a top. First they say the sentence is just misinterpreted, that all it really means is they didn't have an agreement with the guy not to release his name. Yeah, well, Trump never called for Hillary's assassination, but that's how it got interpreted. Trump never talked about Megan Kelly menstruating, but that's how it got interpreted. Trump never called on Russia to hack Hillary's emails, but that's how it got interpreted. So, you live by the convenient misinterpretation, you die by the inconvenienct misinterpretation.

Them they moved on to pompous self- aggrandizement by claiming they are protecting this guy by not releasing his name. That's some epic knee jerk stoopid spin, right there, because now, if they ever do release his name, CNN is responsible for whatever happens.

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
“Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing,”

If it quacks like a duck.......
Rags, that's an off the cuff comment made during a campaign (one of the debates, iirc). That was not a request from a government official to another government.

Reactions: muttly

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
“Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing,”

Rags, that's an off the cuff comment made during a campaign (one of the debates, iirc). That was not a request from a government official to another government.
It may not have been an official request, but it sure does sound like encouragement. Just saying.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Trump never called on Russia to hack Hillary's emails,

Newp. For one, "I hope..." is not the same as calling on anyone to do anything. It's a wish.

Secondly, the emails had already been deleted by Hillary, so asking anyone to hack an email account for nonexistent emails didn't even make any sense, much less rise to the level of quacking.

Thirdly, as any red-blooded American Bible-thumper knows, pulling quotes out of context to use as a personal cudgel might be satisfying, but it's ultimately a failure. The context is which Trump said that was one in which there was no publicity known evidence of any kind, other than the claims of ardent Hillary supporters and staunch anti-Trumpers like John Brennan, that Russia actually hacked the election and that the Trump campaign colluded in the process, and Trump was mocking the Left and the Press for their narrative because they were obsessed with Trump/Russia and were giving Hillary a smurphball pass on the deleted emails. If Trump had truly wanted Russia to hack Hillary's emails, and if he truly thought they could do it, he would of course have asked them to do it not in a campaign speech but rather in their super sekrit backdoor collusion conversations.

Nevertheless, if you want to interpret Trump's quote as genuinely calling on Russia to hack Hillary's email account for previously deleted emails, rather than a joke sarcastically mocking liberals, then you must also interpret that Kathy Griffin called for the beheading of Trump with her ISIS-inspired imagery, that producers of that play called for a mob assassination of Trump, and that Maxine Waters literally threatened Ben Carson with physical harm.

Reactions: muttly

muttly

Veteran Expediter
image.jpeg
Them they moved on to pompous self- aggrandizement by claiming they are protecting this guy by not releasing his name. That's some epic knee jerk stoopid spin, right there, because now, if they ever do release his name, CNN is responsible for whatever happens.

CNN's Chris Cuomo then proceeded to take a shovel and continued to dig on this story.
If CNN is claiming to protect this guy then why is Cuomo pontificating on Twitter about releasing his name? :rolleyes:
Chris Cuomo Deletes Tweet Asking Whether CNN Redditor’s Name Should Be Revealed

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter

CNN's Chris Cuomo then proceeded to take a shovel and continued to dig on this story.
If CNN is claiming to protect this guy then why is Cuomo pontificating on Twitter about releasing his name? :rolleyes:
Chris Cuomo Deletes Tweet Asking Whether CNN Redditor’s Name Should Be Revealed
Cuomo is all whipped up and frothy. This morning I tuned to Fox and Friends for a little bit (one can watch only just so many cat videos) to see what they might have to say about it, and they barely mentioned it. They covered some actual news topics, including live video of Trump getting on Marine One, then a few minutes later getting off Marine One and getting on Air Force One and watching Air Force One take off, because, you know, ... riveting television.

Then I switched to CNN, and Chris Cuomo and Alisyn Camerota were all over it, with a couple of talking heads that belive this random anonymous internet meme creator is the the meaner, older brother of the Antichrist.

(On a side note, I do believe that Alison Cameron is good journalist who wants to do good journalism but has a producer in her ear telling her to not do journalism, and she has a paycheck she wants to keep, but will eventually, in the not too distant future, seek other employment. There have been took many interviews lately where the person she's talking to rationally rejects the narrative of the daily newsroom editorial marching orders and you can see she agrees, but there's a producer in her ear getting her otherwise. I need to brush up on my Morse Code, because I think I saw her the other day blinking her eyes saying "Please help me. Please get me out of here." This morning Cuomo kept pounding away at specifically where Trump got the video, and she kept trying to deflect the topic to the apology.)

In Kaczynski's article he took great effort to highlight that the meme creator is a bigot, Antisemitic, and an all around POS. None of that has anything to do with the meme, of course, but it's something that can be used against Trump. And that's why it is so important to Cuomo (and others) that it be that Trump lifted the video directly from Reddit. The White House said Trump didn't get it from Reddit, and Cuomo is all like, "Well where did he get it, then?!?" Because, you know, that's Russian Dressing important. Never mind the fact that Trump didn't even retweet the original, but tweeted a version that someone else had added sound to. They desperately want to associate Trump personally to this all around POS, as if they're long time friends and actually worked together on this meme.

And do keep in mind that this is just an internet meme. That's all it is. And CNN lost their collective crap over it. And by doing so all they've done is inspire thousands of other random internet memers to create even more memes of Trump kicking the crap out of CNN. The rhino taking a CNN dump is pretty funny, but my favorite is Karate Kid Trump.

Reactions: RoadTime and davekc

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
CNN threatens to dox the creator of the Trump WWE video clip.

How CNN found the Reddit user behind the Trump wrestling GIF - CNNPolitics.com

CNN is not publishing "HanA**holeSolo's" name because he is a private citizen who has issued an extensive statement of apology, showed his remorse by saying he has taken down all his offending posts, and because he said he is not going to repeat this ugly behavior on social media again. In addition, he said his statement could serve as an example to others not to do the same.

CNN reserves the right to publish his identity should any of that change.

Wow. I mean, just wow. That is astonishing. But probable felony aside, the Cracker Jack investigative "journalist" who wrote the piece, Andrew Kaczynski, flat out denied in one Twitter exchange threatening the private citizen in any way, despite the threat literally being right there in a standalone sentence in the article. That's like Governor Christie claiming he didn't get any sun while laying on a beach in broad daylight.

Even Congessman Scott Taylor, the same one who told CNN's Allisyn Camerota that CNN was getting played by Trump, Tweeted to Kaczynski, "U basically coerce apology & threaten release of identity if something changes? Pretty sure a line is crossed here."

Oh, yeah, and the person they've coerced an apology out of and threatened to dox is, apparently, a 15 year old.

It's no coincidence that #CNNBlackmail is the #1 trending topic on Twitter. And CNN is getting torn apart, and not just by those on the right.

Taking cheap entertainment to another level. :D

Reactions: Turtle and muttly

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Trump, Putin G-20 handshake ignites Twitter firestorm

OMG Trump shook hands with a world leader and Twitter goes nuts.

"1st thing Trump did when mting Putin in a social gathering in Germany was shake his hand warmly, and pat him fondly on the back.Disturbing".

My favorite is this one.."A real President Of The United States like #Obama looks down on anyone who attacks democracy not pat them on the back."

I guess when Obama shakes hands with a controversial leader, is just silly to make a fuss over it :rolleyes:

The Obama-Castro Handshake 'Controversy' Is Unbearably Stupid

"However, the idea that the president should not shake hands with Raul Castro, or Arafat, or any current or former antagonist of the United States, is silly beyond belief.

In the case of sanctions, you are dealing with practical policy issues. In the second case, you are not. However, when you are dealing with a symbolic matter, consistency matters. And since no one seems to be arguing that the president should shun the leader of China or Russia or Saudi Arabia or the vast majority of the rulers from countries just as bad as Cuba, well, the argument makes no sense. Obama already "sends the message" that the president will shake hands with bad people. Shaking Castro's hand is irrelevant."

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
1st thing Trump did when mting Putin in a social gathering in Germany was shake his hand warmly, and pat him fondly on the back.Disturbing".
There's nothing disturbing about any of that. What would be disturbing is if Trump had shaken Putin's hand warmly and patted him fondly on the ass.

Reactions: skyraider

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
DEJHWhUXgAAILVE.jpg

Some people look at this picture and will conclude Trump is submissive, open palm, reaching out to Putin, in the hopes that Putin will acknowledge and accept him.

What the picture really doesn't show is Trump telling Putin, "Let's compare hand sizes, Shorty."

Reactions: Worn Out Manager

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The Presidential Advisory Commission on Election Integrity (which, I think, is a make-work, dog-and-pony show) requested that all 50 states upload publicly available voter information to a federal website. No information that isn't already publicly available was requested. Most states have refused because, well, they really don't know why.

But in several states that have agreed to upload the information, they have seen an unprecedented uptick in voters volunatirly removing their voter registrations. Colorado has seen a 2150 percent increase in people withdrawing themselves as voters. The people withdrawing their registrations, and thus removing their own ability to vote, are overwhelmingly liberal democrats.

Because they sat down and really thought it through. "Oh, yeah! Well, I'll show you, Donald. I just won't vote! How do ya like them apples?"

Reactions: RoadTime

ATeam

Retired Expediter
The Presidential Advisory Commission on Election Integrity (which, I think, is a make-work, dog-and-pony show) requested that all 50 states upload publicly available voter information to a federal website. No information that isn't already publicly available was requested. Most states have refused because, well, they really don't know why.

But in several states that have agreed to upload the information, they have seen an unprecedented uptick in voters volunatirly removing their voter registrations. Colorado has seen a 2150 percent increase in people withdrawing themselves as voters. The people withdrawing their registrations, and thus removing their own ability to vote, are overwhelmingly liberal democrats.

Because they sat down and really thought it through. "Oh, yeah! Well, I'll show you, Donald. I just won't vote! How do ya like them apples?"

I do not believe the commission is a make-work dog-and-pony show. I believe it is yet another attempt that is frequently seen in certain sectors of the Republican party to discourage people from voting. I don't mean discouraging illegal voting (which should be discouraged). I mean discouraging legal U.S. citizens from voting.

If it is true that people are withdrawing their registrations in response to commission actions, and that the overwhelming percentage of those doing so are liberal democrats, that will be very encouraging to those Republicans who believe in and take proactive action to discourage people from voting. Look for more activity like this under the guise of election integrity.

Reactions: Turtle

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager

Dumbasses...lol

Reactions: muttly and Turtle

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I do not believe the commission is a make-work dog-and-pony show. I believe it is yet another attempt that is frequently seen in certain sectors of the Republican party to discourage people from voting.
Well, I suppose, if you wanted to, you could give Republicans that much credit for that level of foresight and diabolical thinking, but historical they're very weak in those areas. Plus, the Commission was created by Trump, not a group of overachieving Republican geniuses, in order to shed some plausible light on the (ridiculous) claim of there having been 3 million illegal aliens voting in the last election,all of whom presumably voted for Hillary. The same Commission has a better chance of discovering irrefutable evidence of election collusion between Trump and Putin than they do of determining any plausibility of 3 million illegals having voted in 2016. Three thousand, maybe, but that'll be about it.

Reactions: davekc and muttly

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

I do not believe the commission is a make-work dog-and-pony show. I believe it is yet another attempt that is frequently seen in certain sectors of the Republican party to discourage people from voting. I don't mean discouraging illegal voting (which should be discouraged). I mean discouraging legal U.S. citizens from voting.

If it is true that people are withdrawing their registrations in response to commission actions, and that the overwhelming percentage of those doing so are liberal democrats, that will be very encouraging to those Republicans who believe in and take proactive action to discourage people from voting. Look for more activity like this under the guise of election integrity.
That would make sense in this wacky world of US politics.....since statistically they say there is more Liberal voters then GOP voters. I think its a smart political ploy....to find the whack jobs (IMO)that would withdraw thier vote...

Reactions: Turtle